United Cycle
United Cycle Employee Review

Fun, but clique-y

13 April 2018
I didn't fit into the typical employee format in United Cycle, so I had a hard time making acquaintances with people I worked with every day. It seems like you need to have certain interests to be able to get along with most people, and especially where I am, there is a "friend group" that is hard to break into. I spent many shifts by myself surrounded by people talking to one another, with no intentions of including me.

Otherwise, I loved working there. The management was decent, no real issues, but I never felt like I was appreciated for my contribution. The customers were pleasant and the hours were flexible. I recommend applying here.
6 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Some of the managers in my department were great but it was a revolving door. If you are not part of the family there is no job guarantee or advancement. Work life balance was there when I started but not at the end.
24 April 2018
Same roleSame location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Great place for entry level job. They could improve their training you are kind of tossed into it but they do give you the freedom to do your work they do not micro manage
10 September 2020
Same location
Parts Person (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I was laid off given the covid-19 situation, though do hope there is opportunity to go back at some point!! One of the best employers I have had, a very supportive (bicycle) team, and very accommodating. I was a part-time employee - my manager was always flexible with my schedule, life events, and everyone at work was always happy to be there. I took pride in wearing the United Sport shirt, and truly believe everyone did and does. This contributes to a rewarding experience for the customers i believe as well as a great standard of living for the staff!
Pros
Employee discount and flexible work schedule (give/take)
Cons
Honestly none.