Unisys

Unisys Management reviews

Canada36 reviews
lots of hours and always on the road for more than 10hrs straight daily no chance for advancement and no raises it really offered no security and poor management very ignorant to the geographical area that I cover they have no idea to what is going on in real-world after 20 years of this and trying as I was the best technician that they had I knew my stuff and then some but simply had no more patience for this job so I left, as this was not going anywhere and I was learning anything new it just became no brainer for me
I worked there for almost 20yrs and learned a lot but it was all done on my own with the exception of Lexmark but my Experience with management was poor form of bias prejudice and they had no idea of the geographical area as I covered it all if you do end up working there be prepared for stress no life and no money to boost and please keep in mind I was classified as the best tech they had and won a globe award
Pros
Cons
No promotions or raises
i knew right away this was a temporary position even though they tried to elude this fact from me. management couldn't have been less interested in the project.
Laid back sometimes depending on the client you are dealing with.Work place culture is great but management just don't care about the Field Support Engineers meanwhile they are the ones doing most of the job. You're pouring your heart out and giving your best to the client but don't get recognized or get paid accordingly despite the company making mad profit every year.
Best place I ever worked. Supportive environment, encouraging management, ability to expand my work and give support to others.
If I could I would work for them continually.
With Unisys, opportunity to grow is a big factor in working with high morale. Management supports the advancement of its staff through seminar and training both local & overseas
Pros
Good Management
Cons
behind in technology shift from centralized to distributed computing
Bad leadership,bad Management,bad for morale,no sense or being a team,zero compliments for doing a good job.Unbalanced and unfair assessments of workers.This is just another stepping stone company and people are just numbers that don't matter.
Pros
Cons
A company that has shrunk into a shadow of what it was years ago.
Call management duties, working with clients on servicing their computers and printers.

Learned a lot about customer service, took self improvement courses using our own university.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was working from home and it was very convenient with kids.
Pros
Annual Canada Day BBQ, free coffee, tea and snacks.
Cons
Na
Traveled daily to various customer sites providing support on various computer hardware products as a service provider for a number of different computer and IT companies. Frequent standby and overtime was a part of this job.
Learned about many different platforms of computer equipment and about servicing them in a customer environment.

Management was very supportive and aware of the daily operations of the field technicians.I had a great group of co-workers in my work group.
Time management was one of the most difficult parts of the job since often it was challenging to complete all the activities required of the job.

Most enjoyable part was meeting customers and getting positive feedback from them.
Pros
Customer contacts, good benefits, travel.
Cons
Overtime, standby and reporting requirements.
I have worked with Unisys for 9 years under contract. At first it was a good company to work for then it was all down hill. Management and a lot of politic and trying to cap your wages or decrease them by 15%
Pros
The job it's self was fun
Cons
Managment all ways messing with somthing that works
Unisys at the time I joined was a merger between Burroughs and Sperry Univac - two major players in the early years of computing. It was a great place to be to start my career in business systems.

My success and survival during very challenging years for this company, was due to my expertise in a specific application where there was a niche that the financial community demanded; that being remittance processing and cash management.

Although its been many years since I was with Unisys, I still have close friends from there.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Company was in decline and losing market share
I'm Glade to work for this company, very friendly environment, management was splendid. Only reason I wanna step out from this company is to move to big city.
Start of the day calling clients making your own schedule for the day before heading out the door.

Management only seen twice per year for evaluation.

Co-workers were grate fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job dealing with home users.

Must enjoyable part of the job being on the road 98% of the time.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
contract wanted full time