Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
20 years on this job covering over a 1000 km a week
lots of hours and always on the road for more than 10hrs straight daily no chance for advancement and no raises it really offered no security and poor management very ignorant to the geographical area that I cover they have no idea to what is going on in real-world after 20 years of this and trying as I was the best technician that they had I knew my stuff and then some but simply had no more patience for this job so I left, as this was not going anywhere and I was learning anything new it just became no brainer for me
temporary contract
i knew right away this was a temporary position even though they tried to elude this fact from me. management couldn't have been less interested in the project.
Productive and fulfilling but super low wage
Laid back sometimes depending on the client you are dealing with.Work place culture is great but management just don't care about the Field Support Engineers meanwhile they are the ones doing most of the job. You're pouring your heart out and giving your best to the client but don't get recognized or get paid accordingly despite the company making mad profit every year.
Supportive, informative, challenging, fun
Best place I ever worked. Supportive environment, encouraging management, ability to expand my work and give support to others.
If I could I would work for them continually.
Work place
Best company ever. Working here is the best experience everyone would wish to have at work. It is so wonderful, organized and professional. All in all, it is a nice place to work.
The company has been downsizing for the past 15 years.
A good place to work but since the company has been downsizing for many years, you need to work as if any day could be your last day there. A recommended place to work if the company were to stabilize.
A computer company that initially hardware driven then shifted to software
With Unisys, opportunity to grow is a big factor in working with high morale. Management supports the advancement of its staff through seminar and training both local & overseas
Pros
Good Management
Cons
behind in technology shift from centralized to distributed computing
Une société trés formatrice
Au sein d'Unisys, j'ai installé et gérer des parcs informatiques notamment pour TOTAL à la défense et la maison mère d'EUROPCAR à Saint Quentin en Yvelines.
Field work
Working for this company is a long term commitment. Many of the technicians have been here for decades. The work requires an attention to detail and constant online training to keep current.
As a field technician promotion is rare and there is no guarantee of pay increases at any point.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement is decent.
Cons
Stagnant progression
Zero Job security
Bad leadership,bad Management,bad for morale,no sense or being a team,zero compliments for doing a good job.Unbalanced and unfair assessments of workers.This is just another stepping stone company and people are just numbers that don't matter.
Pros
Cons
A company that has shrunk into a shadow of what it was years ago.
les opportunités de developpement
les opportunités de développement en France sont faibles, en effet la CORP veut revendre ses filiales européennes
Great place to spend your career
Scheduling service calls for forty Technicians every day, talking with customers and rescheduling calls as the day went on.

Learned to deal with customers, employees and stress.

Immediate managers were great to work for.

Fast paced, very stressful.

Setting customers wants and needs to fit in the schedule of what we could provide. Dealing with employees who don't work professionally.

Interacting with people. Training and encouraging young or new technicians.
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours Stress
Good to Start your career
Good to begin with.

- Anyone who is new to the country or who has recently moved to GTA. This might be an easy place to start with.

- A lot to learn
Horrible
Low pay, looooong hours. Amount of overtime was incredibly stupid and they still expected you to work your normal 8 hours after working all night. No advancement, no raises.
Cons
Long time organization struggling to survive
Too much focus on short term business lacking long term strategies. Too much financial control and reporting taking up time to do real business. Realize the value of people but downsizing created insecured feelings
Nice place to work
good place to learn and salary is really great.
Always working from client side under pressure.

All Chinese colleagues. Totally Chinese culture
Pros
Good pay
Cons
An excellent place to work
The training was clear, the team and manager were all very supportive. I felt that I was well prepared for the job that I was hired for and my co-workers were very approachable whenever I had any questions.
It was fun working for them
Call management duties, working with clients on servicing their computers and printers.

Learned a lot about customer service, took self improvement courses using our own university.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was working from home and it was very convenient with kids.
Pros
Annual Canada Day BBQ, free coffee, tea and snacks.
Cons
Na
Good Work/Personal balance
Excellent work experience along with working with great people. Put in situations where it challenges your ingenuity. Working with Cisco and learning networks was a bonus
Pros
Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Cons
High paced workday in customer environments.
Traveled daily to various customer sites providing support on various computer hardware products as a service provider for a number of different computer and IT companies. Frequent standby and overtime was a part of this job.
Learned about many different platforms of computer equipment and about servicing them in a customer environment.

Management was very supportive and aware of the daily operations of the field technicians.I had a great group of co-workers in my work group.

Time management was one of the most difficult parts of the job since often it was challenging to complete all the activities required of the job.

Most enjoyable part was meeting customers and getting positive feedback from them.
Pros
Customer contacts, good benefits, travel.
Cons
Overtime, standby and reporting requirements.
Best Team ever
Conference Call to discuss the daily work load 15 to 20 minutes.
Dispatch the team to the filed with the specific assignments and the ability to modify in case of emergency calls.

Follow up with the team leader on regular basis and update the call status.

Close the day and return all defective parts back to the warehouse.

Conference call to discuss any hanging issues and the steps to resolve it.

- Learned to keep my work knowledge up to date.

- Managed my own territory and assist others in case of emergency.

- My co-workers are very helpful and have good relation with each other.

- Traffic Jams.

- Resolving a problem and making the customer satisfied.