Unison Health and Community Services Employee Review

View all Unison Health and Community Services reviews

productive and educational workplace
Response & Recovery Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Unison is a great place to work with five different locations it has a friendly atmosphere, Unison is an organization that respects work life balance, your health and wellbeing.

it is a great organization in term of learning, whether it be health promotions, community related work, diabetes education or prevention.

Unison has a great housing program and legal clinic along with other programs for the homeless, seniors, prenatal programs and much more.

the management teams and supervisors who are very supportive are great and Unison has the most amazing and friendly CEO.

unisons workplace culture is amazing, it is an organization that accepts everyone where there is no form of discrimination toward anyone.

the hardest part of my job or any job is when your are unable to help everyone, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a client and even to see results.
Pros
great meetings which are mainly done with all sites at great locations, Unison loves to celebrate with food
Cons
some programs are funded and sometime the funding is not renewed hence the program may be cancelled

Other Unison Health and Community Services Employee Reviews

Productive and Professional Workplace
Quality Improvement Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2019
My job specific responsibilities include supporting the program manager in ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of DEP quality improvement initiatives including conducting research, assisting in developing policy documents, providing communication, resource support, conducting literature reviews, conducting benchmarking research, and preparing for team meetings.

Unison really values the contribution that each employee adds to the organization, by acknowledging them for their outstanding work in awards, gifts, and individual celebrations at local sites. For example, final leaves were often celebrated in a lunch gathering for with work site employees.

My personal development and integration within Unison’s DEP was a bit rocky at first, but with attending the meetings and getting to know the team personally, I grew to understand my place within the team and contribute my part as well.

I developed stronger leadership through being part of the team. Leadership not only in my own work, but with being a team player and helping my other fellow co-workers with what they needed assistance with. For example, when I had free time I would ask what extra help they would need and they would give me small tasks.

Management varies per department, but within my position, I can say that it can be somewhat too demanding and unreasonable. Such as expecting that you be the most perfect employee. Life happens and I found they were not necessarily understanding nor helpful when it came to giving proper feedback about work. Only quick to bring up problems foreseen during my employment
  more... when it was already the end of my employment contract term. If only these issues were discussed in a more timely fashion during my work term do I believe that this would've been addressed appropriately, and this be the absolute perfect workplace to work.  less
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff, accessible location, free coffee/tea
Cons
Unreasonable management
Great place to work, supervisor is awesome.
IT Project Manager & Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018