Unison Health and Community Services Employee Review

View all Unison Health and Community Services reviews

Great Work Experience
Addiction Counsellor and Harm Reduction (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2017
I learned about more experience about addictions and I worked with the harm reduction team. I inputted all information on clients addiction into database and I would check weekly the progress of their rehabilitation.

Other Unison Health and Community Services Employee Reviews

Productive and Professional Workplace
Quality Improvement Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2019
My job specific responsibilities include supporting the program manager in ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of DEP quality improvement initiatives including conducting research, assisting in developing policy documents, providing communication, resource support, conducting literature reviews, conducting benchmarking research, and preparing for team meetings.

Unison really values the contribution that each employee adds to the organization, by acknowledging them for their outstanding work in awards, gifts, and individual celebrations at local sites. For example, final leaves were often celebrated in a lunch gathering for with work site employees.

My personal development and integration within Unison’s DEP was a bit rocky at first, but with attending the meetings and getting to know the team personally, I grew to understand my place within the team and contribute my part as well.

I developed stronger leadership through being part of the team. Leadership not only in my own work, but with being a team player and helping my other fellow co-workers with what they needed assistance with. For example, when I had free time I would ask what extra help they would need and they would give me small tasks.

Management varies per department, but within my position, I can say that it can be somewhat too demanding and unreasonable. Such as expecting that you be the most perfect employee. Life happens and I found they were not necessarily understanding nor helpful when it came to giving proper feedback about work. Only quick to bring up problems foreseen during my employment
  more... when it was already the end of my employment contract term. If only these issues were discussed in a more timely fashion during my work term do I believe that this would've been addressed appropriately, and this be the absolute perfect workplace to work.  less
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff, accessible location, free coffee/tea
Cons
Unreasonable management
Great place to work, supervisor is awesome.
IT Project Manager & Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Unison is a great place to work with five different locations it has a friendly atmosphere, Unison is an organization that respects work life balance, your health and wellbeing.