Unison Health and Community Services Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Great place to work, supervisor is awesome.
IT Project Manager & Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Unison is a great place to work with five different locations it has a friendly atmosphere, Unison is an organization that respects work life balance, your health and wellbeing.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
A fast growing non-profit organization. management is client and staff centered. Great learning opportunities and well respected within the sector. It is a busy place to work.
Pros
Management, services
Cons
busy workplace
Great colleaugues
Outreach Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
I was lucky to have met so many amazing and talented people who have taught me a lot and inspired me to grow constantly. I have had a pleasure to work with many great colleagues and made a few true life-long friends!
Accomplished
Community Service Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
I have learned that working in the community in their basic needs are overwhelming. But I enjoyed it because I felt that I can make difference for people who are struggling to put food on their table.
Productive and a fun place
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
I tutored student in Math and English. I work with students in grade 9 and 10. I review their homework and assignments and give hepful tips to the students.
Pros
Snacks
productive and educational workplace
Response & Recovery Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017

it is a great organization in term of learning, whether it be health promotions, community related work, diabetes education or prevention.

Unison has a great housing program and legal clinic along with other programs for the homeless, seniors, prenatal programs and much more.

the management teams and supervisors who are very supportive are great and Unison has the most amazing and friendly CEO.

unisons workplace culture is amazing, it is an organization that accepts everyone where there is no form of discrimination toward anyone.

the hardest part of my job or any job is when your are unable to help everyone, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a client and even to see results.
Pros
great meetings which are mainly done with all sites at great locations, Unison loves to celebrate with food
Cons
some programs are funded and sometime the funding is not renewed hence the program may be cancelled
Learned a lot !
Medical Secretary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Great place to work, supervisor is awesome,always teaching something new. Co-workers always helping you. Nice environment to work.
I always going to have good things to say about this place.
Community Health Centre that provides amazing various departments to support clients with a well rounded team effort
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Exceptional multi-discipline services offered to community consumers who would have team support from primary health care, legal, housing and many others.

Co-workers worked well together in support of clients and programming provided within week day support with optional evening support from primary health care serveral times a week.
loved it
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
what i did was help out the staff by organizing the groups for tha activities what i learned were leadership skills the hardest part was organizing my peers and the most enjoyable part was seeing everyone having fun because of your activity
Good
Host and Liason (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2013
Excellent entry level opportunity to gain valuable experience.