UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Strict, long hours,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON28 March 2018
Nice environment. Met a lot of people, but there are a lot rules. Long hours. Did not get paid fairly (before raise). Flexible on your schedule. Did i mention strict.
Busy work environment
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
This is a busy work environment. If you want to work here, be prepared for long hours and being on your feet all day. Otherwise, it's a cool place to work. They have morning exercises before your shift and cool management.
Pros
Morning exercises to prepare you for your shift.
Cons
Long hours.
review
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
benefits for full time, wage above min with chances every three months to move up to higher wage and responsibility,, guaranteed hours for FT, fast paced, 9.5 hour days with an hour lunch and a half hour break, strict principals, strict management, scheduling is a hassle, no flexibility for FT.
Its okay
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON27 September 2017
Uniqlo is a super asian store filled with loads of asians. I am asian but i felt like i didn't belong there. Everyone there is super cutesy and into the asian culture.
great experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
I was the first group of the employees. They do have a really high standard to their staffs while they give you really excellent training as well. I was able to have a chance to learn Japanese culture, business management, and fashion trends!
Environment
Senior retail associate (Current Employee) –  Uniqlo Nu Sentral18 August 2017
Working in a group is my type. I can be a leader to handle a team
I have learned many thing from customer services to back office management
The most enjoyable part is when we manage to make customer satisfied with our services and we manage to achieve our sales target per day and per month.
The hardest past in my current part is to achieve the good work life balance where means, its hard to manage your time well since I am working for shift
Pros
Sales achievement reward, good customer services reward
Cons
Less work life balance
Strong Management and hard working staff
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Typically, we start work with a morning or afternoon team talk. To discuss about the daily goals and how we can improve to reach it.

Staff are always giving the best customer services by offering baskets, smiling, greeting and maintaining eye contact. Staff are always making sure the store is tidy and that the products are available for customers.

We work together to provide the best shopping experience for customers by explaining how our products works. This goes to show that all staff have a good amount of knowledge and skills to share with customers.
Pros
1.5 hour breaks (for 7-8 hour shift), possiblity for promotion, long hours
Cons
no air conditioner, long hours
Biased and unbalanced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
They had trained me extensively for this job, there way too many rules and regulations for a retail position. I had to learn to fold jeans within seven seconds and there were standard phrases for everything. I understood that it was company policy, however there are times we cannot follow standard phrases but we get penalized for it. Everything has to be done in uniform or else we get scolded. The management team for the most part were very nice, however, they were evident biases towards certain staff members than others. The hours they used to give us were completely unacceptable, as a part-time staff they would be give me 40+ hours a week, even when I had stated plenty of times I am not available. Overall this experience was really stressful and I did not enjoy it, they need to change their rules and regulations in order to accommodate their employees.
Challenging but fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 May 2017
Working at UNIQLO is an interesting experience you learn so much and develop a great business mindset. The management is constantly changing which allows employees to learn how to adapt.
productive work, and good relationship with co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
- We have team talk every day before and after work to distribute and summarize each employee's effort
- I learned how to provide best customer services by improving our service quality meanwhile limit the time
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON10 May 2017
I was an employee with the Uniqlo ground opening, it was fun!
I started training at Aug 24,2016. They introduce the store culture and product knowledge. A lot manners and rule in company.
Uniqlo is super time management. i learn how to neat the clothes and fitting room /cashier regulation rule.
Cons
long hour
Uniqlo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
They're really busy trying to expand in Canada which can be stressful sometimes as a part time employee. Customer service is paramount in this store. The managers who are from HQ watch your every move.
Great coworkers, management could improve
Brand Ambassador - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
This workplace allows you to learn many different skills, training all workers how to be productive sales associates, as well as cashiers and stock. However, too much pressure is put onto workers, creating a stressful and tense work environment.
Pros
management
Cons
long hours with forced unpaid long breaks to compensate for hours
Team Effort is essential here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
An amazing job with no bad days at all.
Everyone works hard and efficiently.
There is always room for improvement so everyone strives to be number one.
Pros
Benefits, Energy, and Promotions
Cons
Hours depend on high or low season
good job culture and freindly environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
I've learned a lot of management skills here and enjoy working even on a typical day.The management is very good and friendly and always helps in meeting the company goals.
Pros
free clothes every month
Cons
long working hours
Productive and enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
I received a lot of training in preparation of this job. The other employees are very nice and respectful to each other and towards the customers. There are also many opportunities for promotions and to work in different departments within the company.
Would Not Recommend
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
I worked here during the opening of the store. Management was very condescending, rude, and disorganized. This company ignores labour laws and literally doesn't care about their employees. All requests to book days off are ignored and myself as well as many other employees found themselves scheduled outside of their availability and talking one on one to managers made no difference. Favouritism is also a big issue. Very obviously used and abused the employees who helped open the store then it's just a "don't let the door hit you on the way out". Don't work here if you have the choice. Varies by location I'd assume.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
10-12 hour shifts regularly, Bad management
Productive and fun working
Assistant (Former Employee) –  JPC24 November 2015
Fun work with a lot of co-workers.
There were lots of things to learn, but learning by steps by steps it was really fun to learn.
Co-workers surpported me that I could do best at every momments.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Long Hours