UNIQLO Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,144 reviews
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2019
Greeting customers, handling cash, stocking the sales floor. Maintaining a clean and friendly sales floor experience. Maintaining high customer service.
amazing work environment
sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2019
a typrical day at work would be to come in 10 minutes before your shift, write down your schedule for the day, write down the store's target and then clock in and wait for team talk.

the management and everyone is very friendly. they all treat one another like family which is very nice. we all like to joke around with one another which is nice.

during training you will learn all the basic need as a sales associate: such as knowing being cash trained, fitting room trained, alteration, stock room/rp and many more things.
Pros
pays really well
Cons
sucks if your a part timer and it's low peak season
Productive, Fast paced, Fun
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Working at Uniqlo is fun and productive. It can get really busy sometimes but having a helping and friendly colleagues is always helpful. Management is always guiding and concerned about your growth.
The worst work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto Eaton Centre12 November 2018
Do you really want to work in a place where they have favoritism? It would be hard for you to advance if you are not Korean nor Japanese. That's the hard truth. They will ask a lot from you but barely actually acknowledge your hard work. They will say "Thank you for your hardwork" just for the purpose of saying it but not really mean it. Yeah, they pay above minimum but how about your work/life balance? If you are full time, you are basically owned by this company.
If you are a student, they will still require a lot from you and it will not be easy for you to balance school, life, and work, which will just give you more stress on top of your school stress.

They are unfair to their employees. It may not seem like they are nice, but if you dig down, there's actually a lot of dirt going on.

I have been working here for the longest time. I have seen it all.

Believe in my word. Good luck to you.
Pros
above minimum pay
Cons
too many too mention
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2018
The work is challenging in the beginning but once you get past that you learn alot and the family there is amazing. Everyday is a new day there and the clothing is nice.
Productive and sales driven environment
Merchandiser and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
Management techniques and inventory handling skills are learnt within couple of days of working

work place culture is great as Japanese enterprises have at its best

Different race religion and creed working on big platform is good to be a part and learn new things

the hardest part of the job would be managing fitting room where people are allowed to try every wear

the most enjoyable part is arranging and displaying new stock
Pros
discounts on company wear
Cons
long hours and short breaks
High opportunity for advancement
Part-time Sales Associate/Cash Wrap Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 April 2018
The opportunity to advance in the company is better than most with a chance for promotion every few months. It is structured to keep the promotional process fair and to give all employees the opportunity to advance.
Strict, long hours,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON28 March 2018
Nice environment. Met a lot of people, but there are a lot rules. Long hours. Did not get paid fairly (before raise). Flexible on your schedule. Did i mention strict.
Busy work environment
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
This is a busy work environment. If you want to work here, be prepared for long hours and being on your feet all day. Otherwise, it's a cool place to work. They have morning exercises before your shift and cool management.
Pros
Morning exercises to prepare you for your shift.
Cons
Long hours.
review
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
benefits for full time, wage above min with chances every three months to move up to higher wage and responsibility,, guaranteed hours for FT, fast paced, 9.5 hour days with an hour lunch and a half hour break, strict principals, strict management, scheduling is a hassle, no flexibility for FT.
Its okay
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON27 September 2017
Uniqlo is a super asian store filled with loads of asians. I am asian but i felt like i didn't belong there. Everyone there is super cutesy and into the asian culture.
great experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
I was the first group of the employees. They do have a really high standard to their staffs while they give you really excellent training as well. I was able to have a chance to learn Japanese culture, business management, and fashion trends!
Environment
Senior retail associate (Current Employee) –  Uniqlo Nu Sentral18 August 2017
Working in a group is my type. I can be a leader to handle a team
I have learned many thing from customer services to back office management
The most enjoyable part is when we manage to make customer satisfied with our services and we manage to achieve our sales target per day and per month.
The hardest past in my current part is to achieve the good work life balance where means, its hard to manage your time well since I am working for shift
Pros
Sales achievement reward, good customer services reward
Cons
Less work life balance
Strong Management and hard working staff
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Typically, we start work with a morning or afternoon team talk. To discuss about the daily goals and how we can improve to reach it.

Staff are always giving the best customer services by offering baskets, smiling, greeting and maintaining eye contact. Staff are always making sure the store is tidy and that the products are available for customers.

We work together to provide the best shopping experience for customers by explaining how our products works. This goes to show that all staff have a good amount of knowledge and skills to share with customers.
Pros
1.5 hour breaks (for 7-8 hour shift), possiblity for promotion, long hours
Cons
no air conditioner, long hours
Biased and unbalanced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
They had trained me extensively for this job, there way too many rules and regulations for a retail position. I had to learn to fold jeans within seven seconds and there were standard phrases for everything. I understood that it was company policy, however there are times we cannot follow standard phrases but we get penalized for it. Everything has to be done in uniform or else we get scolded. The management team for the most part were very nice, however, they were evident biases towards certain staff members than others. The hours they used to give us were completely unacceptable, as a part-time staff they would be give me 40+ hours a week, even when I had stated plenty of times I am not available. Overall this experience was really stressful and I did not enjoy it, they need to change their rules and regulations in order to accommodate their employees.
Challenging but fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 May 2017
Working at UNIQLO is an interesting experience you learn so much and develop a great business mindset. The management is constantly changing which allows employees to learn how to adapt.
productive work, and good relationship with co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
- We have team talk every day before and after work to distribute and summarize each employee's effort
- I learned how to provide best customer services by improving our service quality meanwhile limit the time
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON10 May 2017
I was an employee with the Uniqlo ground opening, it was fun!
I started training at Aug 24,2016. They introduce the store culture and product knowledge. A lot manners and rule in company.
Uniqlo is super time management. i learn how to neat the clothes and fitting room /cashier regulation rule.
Cons
long hour
Uniqlo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
They're really busy trying to expand in Canada which can be stressful sometimes as a part time employee. Customer service is paramount in this store. The managers who are from HQ watch your every move.
Great coworkers, management could improve
Brand Ambassador - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
This workplace allows you to learn many different skills, training all workers how to be productive sales associates, as well as cashiers and stock. However, too much pressure is put onto workers, creating a stressful and tense work environment.
Pros
management
Cons
long hours with forced unpaid long breaks to compensate for hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIQLO. Our community is ready to answer.