Union Social Eatery

Canada24 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Union Social Eatery Review

It was a nice place to work at. Coworkers are friendly and are very welcoming to the people who wanna join the Union Social Eatery team. Well paid and the work is fair.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Closing late

I would not recommend, you're better off finding a more mature crowd.

One person doing a three man job, they are short staffed but do not put in enough effort to hire more people. The job is physically/emotionally demanding, if you are the reserved/quiet type this is not the job for you. The job culture is not the best here. Managers will get on you for the smallest thing and only like you if you are overly social and gossip about your personal business like everyone else. Schedules are very inconsistent and does not run smoothly.Spare your mental health and find somewhere else to work.

Pros

free food, nice pay

Cons

long hours, wishy washy management

Insights into Union Social Eatery

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

I’d stay away

Only bright side is coworkers, but not at work where everyone is stressed out and over worked. Unprofessional and poorly ran. Managers are never on the same page and it shows. No breaks (but they doc you for them with no shame), low pay and tips after paying the kitchen. You pay the kitchens salary in tip out when you serve because they won’t pay them more. Hosts get no tip out (watch out for the “start as a host” trap). You pay tip out daily no excuses but must wait a week or longer for your tips depending on when they feel like making a trip to the bank. Good place for a first job if you’re looking to build experience for your resume but not the place to make real money as “the rush” is no more than 1 table turn each in your small section due to over staffing. Be prepared to come in and be turned around and called off A LOT.

Great food and great working enviroment

I really liked working at Union Social Eatery, because it really made me go my all out. It got me more comfortable working with other people (fellow employees) and it also taught me many things. For example I never done inventory until I started working here but now I'm familiar with it and wouldn't mind doing it again. My most enjoyable time at work is obviously the one free meal a day. My manger was honestly so cool and a great person.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Union Social Eatery?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Social Eatery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement