Union Social Eatery

Union Social Eatery Employee Reviews

Take my opinion with a grain of salt

A typical day at work for me was making all the fryer stuff with the likes of fish and chips, onion rings and many more. I learned a few things such as how to clean a fryer and that's basically it, the workplace culture was average it was quite bland, the hardest part of the job was cleaning the workplace. The most enjoyable part was leaving work and waiting for my food.

Pros

discount food

Cons

barely any breaks

I would not recommend, you're better off finding a more mature crowd.

One person doing a three man job, they are short staffed but do not put in enough effort to hire more people. The job is physically/emotionally demanding, if you are the reserved/quiet type this is not the job for you. The job culture is not the best here. Managers will get on you for the smallest thing and only like you if you are overly social and gossip about your personal business like everyone else. Schedules are very inconsistent and does not run smoothly.Spare your mental health and find somewhere else to work.

Pros

free food, nice pay

Cons

long hours, wishy washy management

Amazing management and staff, supportive, fun, loving, and friendly team.

Union social eatery is a great place if you are looking to clock in for hours. All of the team members are amazing and friendly and will help you without a doubt. It’s a face paced environment with many friendly guests and regulars who make your dining experience even better. As a former hostess at union social eatery I can honestly say I loved it! The patio is a great place to catch a tan in the summer if you are working up there, and the food is so good after a long shift! Loved it so much and loved the team!

Pros

Discounted food! Many shifts to pick up and work. Good hours.

Cons

Short shifts sometimes due to slow days

Awful Management

This establishment does not care for its staff or their needs and they okay favouritism towards the employees that have worked there longer. Not only do the managers blatantly disrespect their employees (I was called stupid for putting condiments back in the refrigerator) but they do not respect personal needs or care that some things are not in an employees control (Eg; a hospital visit that I could not control resulted in disciplinary action even though there was proof I had been hospitalized during my missed shift that I called in for hours ahead of time). Would not suggest this establishment unless you don’t care about your work wnvironment at all.

Cons

Environment, management, atmosphere

I’d stay away

Only bright side is coworkers, but not at work where everyone is stressed out and over worked. Unprofessional and poorly ran. Managers are never on the same page and it shows. No breaks (but they doc you for them with no shame), low pay and tips after paying the kitchen. You pay the kitchens salary in tip out when you serve because they won’t pay them more. Hosts get no tip out (watch out for the “start as a host” trap). You pay tip out daily no excuses but must wait a week or longer for your tips depending on when they feel like making a trip to the bank. Good place for a first job if you’re looking to build experience for your resume but not the place to make real money as “the rush” is no more than 1 table turn each in your small section due to over staffing. Be prepared to come in and be turned around and called off A LOT.

Incredible Management; Above and Beyond

They are incredible people. This is not a job, its a family. They DO NOT settle for mediocre staff, they are hard on you at first but you prove that you care and that you WANT to be there and they will go above and beyond for you.

Fantastic workplace, that quickly becomes a second family

Anyone looking to work in this industry would be silly not to apply here. Amazing opportunities present here. Management is top notch and staff is all really close which makes for a positive work experience

Good upcoming chain to work for

Managers are all very professional, and a professional standard is applied to the job. Being a fairly new chain in mississauga, it demands punctuality and excellent teamwork skills.

Young, dynamic restaurant company

Great place to work and grow as a professional manager. Excellent food made from scratch, nice space, very knowledgeable owners, they do restaurants the right way!

A fun, team oriented work environment.

I have gained a lot of customer service, leadership and team working skills working for Union Social Eatery. I have an idea of what is like working in the hospitality and service industry.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Union Social Eatery Review

It was a nice place to work at. Coworkers are friendly and are very welcoming to the people who wanna join the Union Social Eatery team. Well paid and the work is fair.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Closing late

great place to make good money

great place to work in, especially for a student. the hours were flexible, management was great, staff was amazing. all in all a great experience. would recommend this place for work or dinning at.

Lot of potential, but too much clash on values.

Working environment is like all bar restaurants and has their pitfalls. The staff and food are all amazing. When i first started i remember my KM telling me before they laid him off the day after new years was that there was too many "bosses" and its always conflicting on processes and procedures. The dining managers arent really professional just put in place to have that clean cut professional look so when customers complain they can talk the walk. Realistically just all facade and quick to throw kitchen staff under the bus and comp meals. Also usually always hiding in the back for when servers needed them. Too bad because that resulted with lotsa turnovers and politics of a dog eat dog world.

Pros

Great staff, good food, and pays well.

Cons

Young franchise still lots to grow and learn.

Great place to get a lot of hours, learn to serve and promotes from within

Union social was an amazing place to work. They trained me to serve and I was given plenty of shifts and the opportunity to make money. I was given responsibility which helped me grow as a server.

Pros

Friendly co-workers

Cons

Overworked

Great food and great working enviroment

I really liked working at Union Social Eatery, because it really made me go my all out. It got me more comfortable working with other people (fellow employees) and it also taught me many things. For example I never done inventory until I started working here but now I'm familiar with it and wouldn't mind doing it again. My most enjoyable time at work is obviously the one free meal a day. My manger was honestly so cool and a great person.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive workplace with helpful co-workers

I learned how to cope with a face paced enviroment considering everybody was always on edge. The management was very helpful and would guide you in a step by step process. the hardest part of the job was having to close until very late in the night time and the commute home was very long.

Great team to work with

Typical serving job except that everyone CARES. The management, your team, everyone is there to help out and make the best experience possible. Highly recommend working here.

Extremely fun place to work.

I began working here when their third location opened up in North York. The management and staff made it a very fun place to work. I was always given time off if I really needed it and the management and owners are very understanding.

Pros

Great food, staff, and management

RIde the horse until it collapses

Just not a well managed, or well led kitchen. The business operates from a front to back style of preference/importance which is funny because the food comes from the back.

Pros

snacks in between serving tables (

Cons

the entire job, no breaks. no leadership

Outgoing

Great co workers to work with Management was friendly and accommodating Customers were great Enjoyed down time during slow hours Learned how to maintain my patience

Customer Service

In Union Social Eatery the customer service is excellent. The food and the overall mood of the restaurant is not something you will find too often. the food has a wonderful taste and offers it's own style to your typical mean. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant is very "moody", in that if you were to bring a date it would be a mice settling atmosphere. Overall this is a great restaurant and I would highly recommend dropping by.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Social Eatery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement