Union Gospel Mission
View all Union Gospel Mission reviews

Union Gospel Mission

Union Gospel Mission Employee Review

fun workplace to be around children

There is a sense of home when you arrive to the site. Everyone is super friendly. You gain life skills as well as leadership skills. You learn to build trust with a child and give them the experience that they never had. Giving back to the community. Many of the children are low-income and single-parent families.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great Place to Learn Skills and Make a Difference

I volunteered with Union Gospel Mission in 2 different ways. I was a front desk receptionist volunteer and I also volunteered with the Adult Education Program. Both were very challenging and fulfilling.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Busy pace
Same role

voluntering for a good cause

I enjoyed being able to clean up, cook, serve, and converse with the public. It was a very good experience for both me and the public that I had been serving.
Same location

Classist and bigoted workplace

I encountered a lot of anti-indigenous people when working there. A lot of hate towards LGBTQ people as well. (All from staff!) Very bigoted workplace that thinks having a sunny demeanor at all times means they're not doing harm. Get over yourselves.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Awful fellow staff, they do not behave like jesus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Gospel Mission. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.6Job security/advancement
  • Union Gospel Mission
  • fun workplace to be around children