Unilock Ltd

Unilock Ltd Employee Reviews in Ayr, ON

Ayr, ON6 reviews
I’m currently employed there...I don’t mind working so I like it. 55-60hrs per week....good pay and great benefits ...pension is awesome ! If you wanna make money but don’t wanna work then don’t apply here,,not for wimps. Great guys to work with but there are always a few who are jerks. It’s dirty for sure (its concrete stones people) they supply clothes pants and shirts. Management is meh but they all are lol. Do your job and go home the get paid ..it’s that simple.
Pros
Co-workers and pension, overtime $
Cons
11 hr days loud.
Official response from Unilock Ltd
18 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback, if there is something we can do to make your experience even better we'd love to hear from you.
The lead electrician is a great person and an excellent electrician

He has no time to help train you on the machinery. They let production staff work on electrical jobs ( ridiculous )

Someone will get seriously injured at this place. If not killed
A good place to settle in long term, The wages and benefits along with pension are top notch. This is not Walmart and you are expected to work. Training is on par with others in the industry and the guys are great. Management will give as much effort as you give them, they are not going to support slackers. 11-12hr shifts just like any other heavy industry and if you don't want to get dirty occasionally I'm sure EB Games is hiring.
Pros
Wages, pension, paid break
Cons
Dirty sometimes
Pay is good but be ready to pay a lot of taxes. Long 12hr shifts with only 2 breaks. All I did was work and sleep, no time for my family. Everyone drives crazy on the forklifts in the yard, no beeping. They make you max out your forklifts weight and tell you to go faster. My back wheels came off the ground multiple times in a day. Its an extremely dirty place to work. As a forklift operator I was expected to clean the pits full of gravel that the machine operator created. At the end of the day the machine operators leave and the forklift operator has to clean. Alway the last to leave. Management is a complete joke. Play favorites. The yard supervisor is a troll that pops up and stares at you while he has multiple smokes and coffees.
Pros
Some of the guys
Cons
Hours, management, dirty, had to babysit machine operaters
This is the worst place ever. They hire you thinking you can advance in the company but really there's no chance of that happening unless they like you. They pick and choose for jobs and who gets overtime. Not to mention people will treat you like garbage supervisors and management especially. Decent money but not worth the stress or disrespect you receive everyday
Cons
I worked as a millwright for 1 year, and the hours were to much. Zero family life, and great if your single. As maintenance you are not challenged at all. Most jobs that are long are generally subbed out. Management is stuck up and about themselves and not the employees. I was surprised with some of people they hired considering there criminal history. The girls working the office seemed moody, and sadly this company does not hire females for production. My maintenance super always talked about how bad business is and how the company is going down hill. He is awkward and a horrible millwright. As for the production workers, there were a minor handful that actually did not mind there job, the rest hate it. Good luck, and out respect I wish Unilock success, for the well being of the economy.
Pros
Production guys were fun to work with.
Cons
mandatory long hours, and no family life. will not hire females for production.