Unilock Ltd

Unilock Ltd Employee Reviews

When I was first employed by Unilock it was a great experience, they were friendly and helpful, unfortunately upon return from winter layoff they were the complete opposite and made the working there very unpleasant.
Unilock is a good place to work if your a young man looking to make some honest money. It can be very physically demanding @ times and it takes some time to learn the Machinery. Training could definitely improve. The culture is mixed pending on what plant your working in. With the long hours and expectations to produce stone in a timely manner you can expect a stressful environment sometimes. The Manager’s can be alright sometimes but given any situation you better be prepared to keep busy at all times. Do not expect to leave early regardless of break down’s, there is lots of concrete waiting to be chipped and lots to be cleaned. If you don’t like dust this job is not for you. It is very dusty at time’s and also dirty. You are given a mask so I would definitely use it. When it comes to benefits they are amongst the best, your family will be well taken care of. It is hard to advance as there are many employees waiting for that opportunity and some will step on your toes to get there. Just be prepared to work long shifts and to work hard.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Stressful environment
Unilock has a great pension plan and Benefits plan. That's the only pros. The cons are: You work 55+ hours a week. If there is nothing to do they still don't let you leave. Management is probably the worst I've ever experienced. They just sit in their offices. No support on the floor. No idea how to run anything so no support on troubleshooting. New guys get paid as much as veteran employees. To move up you need to be a yes man with no backbone. If they changed out management it'd be a great place to work. But no.... They promote the weak minded fat guys.
Pros
Benefits, pension.
Cons
Management, bunch of know nothing egotistical know it alls.
Always reliable. Goal focused. Very well organized. Exceeds all expectations and sales goals. Very personable. Always smiling and having fun at all of his tasks.
Pros
Great experiences with helping consumers and their issues.
Start up the machines/ mixer, oil shutes. I would bring product in and out of the warehouse, tag product, and do inventory. Circle safety checks on all forklifts. I learned how to operate a fork lift very well, time management skills, and mix operation as well as inventory. Management was professional, mind you there was a lot of micro- management happening within the workplace leading to contradictions. The workplace culture was professional, clean, and well mannered. Standing for 12 hour shifts was the most difficult part of the job. Operating the forklift was the most enjoyable part.
The lead electrician is a great person and an excellent electrician He has no time to help train you on the machinery. They let production staff work on electrical jobs ( ridiculous ) Someone will get seriously injured at this place. If not killed
The managers have no clue how to run their own lives little alone a company. They treat the works that have been there for years with no respect and pay raises are low to were new people are making the same as people who have been there for years. You will have no life and be treated like nothing for it. Job security is nonexistent since they can not call you back the fallowing year without telling you. WATCH YOUR BACK!!!
Cons
A good place to settle in long term, The wages and benefits along with pension are top notch. This is not Walmart and you are expected to work. Training is on par with others in the industry and the guys are great. Management will give as much effort as you give them, they are not going to support slackers. 11-12hr shifts just like any other heavy industry and if you don't want to get dirty occasionally I'm sure EB Games is hiring.
Pros
Wages, pension, paid break
Cons
Dirty sometimes
Good place to work if you don't care about anything the equipment is garbage old not taken care of at all patched together training was poor and short. The management in the yard that I was working in was great but management and head office is terrible no Communications at all. The truck that I drove leak oil all over the place and had no power to it at all could barely pull itself and an empty trailer.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Everything else
18 June 2019
Thank you for your comment, we take safety and the condition of our equipment very seriously. We will make sure the concerns you expressed in your feedback will be looked into.
Management is racist and incompetent.. Wage is good but you'll be doing the work of 3 men. They lay off everyone for 3 months a year as well. Not worth it. They expect 3 references for bo reason, everyone working there isn't even high school educated.
Pros
wage is decent
Cons
annoying coworkers, too much work, not enough job satisfaction
18 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we will look into your concerns.
I have been an employee of Unilock for 1 year, this is a great place to work for. Company offers great benefits, pension and competitive salaries. Employees are treated well, and received many amazing perks such as fitness reimbursements, fruit Mondays, Tim Hortons Fridays. Company takes very good care of their employees and always looks for ways to improve the wellness of their employees. Great Company, Great Management Team !
18 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback ! The company tries it's best to look after their employees.
I’m currently employed there...I don’t mind working so I like it. 55-60hrs per week....good pay and great benefits ...pension is awesome ! If you wanna make money but don’t wanna work then don’t apply here,,not for wimps. Great guys to work with but there are always a few who are jerks. It’s dirty for sure (its concrete stones people) they supply clothes pants and shirts. Management is meh but they all are lol. Do your job and go home the get paid ..it’s that simple.
Pros
Co-workers and pension, overtime $
Cons
11 hr days loud.
18 June 2019
Thank you for your feedback, if there is something we can do to make your experience even better we'd love to hear from you.
Pay is good but be ready to pay a lot of taxes. Long 12hr shifts with only 2 breaks. All I did was work and sleep, no time for my family. Everyone drives crazy on the forklifts in the yard, no beeping. They make you max out your forklifts weight and tell you to go faster. My back wheels came off the ground multiple times in a day. Its an extremely dirty place to work. As a forklift operator I was expected to clean the pits full of gravel that the machine operator created. At the end of the day the machine operators leave and the forklift operator has to clean. Alway the last to leave. Management is a complete joke. Play favorites. The yard supervisor is a troll that pops up and stares at you while he has multiple smokes and coffees.
Pros
Some of the guys
Cons
Hours, management, dirty, had to babysit machine operaters
This is the worst place ever. They hire you thinking you can advance in the company but really there's no chance of that happening unless they like you. They pick and choose for jobs and who gets overtime. Not to mention people will treat you like garbage supervisors and management especially. Decent money but not worth the stress or disrespect you receive everyday
Cons
I worked as a millwright for 1 year, and the hours were to much. Zero family life, and great if your single. As maintenance you are not challenged at all. Most jobs that are long are generally subbed out. Management is stuck up and about themselves and not the employees. I was surprised with some of people they hired considering there criminal history. The girls working the office seemed moody, and sadly this company does not hire females for production. My maintenance super always talked about how bad business is and how the company is going down hill. He is awkward and a horrible millwright. As for the production workers, there were a minor handful that actually did not mind there job, the rest hate it. Good luck, and out respect I wish Unilock success, for the well being of the economy.
Pros
Production guys were fun to work with.
Cons
mandatory long hours, and no family life. will not hire females for production.
The company shares great values, putting safety before all. They offer competitive compensation and great benefits. The company has gone through alot of recent changes, trying to grow its business. Lots of new management and a growing staff. If you are not performing up to company standards you will be fired or transferred departments. They will see you either sink or swim and deal with you appropriately. You have to be on your toes and ready to work long and hard hours. Plant work is either very physically, or very repetitive. These workers have the longest hours (generally over 50 hours a week), but get overtime compensation over 44 which increases their pay significantly. There are plenty of chances to grow and get promoted within the company. You take the good with the bad.
Pros
Great group of people, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Long Hours, some positions within can be physically demanding, routine-oriented
- Mandatory overtime - Longer work time - No Human resource personnel - They hire friends and family members - Very Good benefits and pension plan - Salary is average
  1. Employee reviews