Unilever
Information from Unilever:

Unilever Employee Reviews

Canada144 reviews
Great place to work.
I worked with Unilever and loved it! I enjoyed work life balance and the managers were friendly and always very happy to learn. Great benefits and recognition
Great place to kick-off your career
Amazing training and some truly incredible people. You will learn a lot! You need to be a go-getter though, the environment is incredibly fast paced, challenging and competitive. It's really important to be able to distance yourself from the work, management can sometimes be overbearing and speak about work/life balance and putting people first, but often times you need to push back to make this a reality.
Amazing office space and open workspace
The data science team is a very small team which fits under the strategy team on the team organizational chart. You work on projects to derive different insights necessary for brand plan and sales.
Work place is good
Working for Unilever is good it just that I want a Higher position that why I'm look for another OpportunityUnilever is good company you can work for but salary is not good if you don't work for Unilever direct
Good company with honest commitment
Great company culture that always care about people's growth. Very collaborative team work environment. Senior management team take responsibilities in challenging time.
Working at Unilever
Unilever offers a work life balance with agile working,
I worked for Unilever in a contractual position after my contract ended I was determined to join this company again.
Great company with great benefits
Great company to work with, working at fast pace environment, excellent production management system, excellent quality management system, good salary and great benefits for all employees.
Great company if you are located in downtown area. The culture has been shifted a lot in the past 6-8 years
Great company to work for, fast-paced environment, culture changed in the past six years where managers are finally allowing the employees to work from home or practically anywhere you have Internet connections. This helps tremendously to achieve life / work balance which I didn’t have when I worked there and that was one of the main reason I had to leave the company.
Not a thiving work atmosphere
Not a place to work as a seasonal unless you are a student. Job requires repetitive heavy lifting. Mandatory overtime on weekends. Schedules are not finalized until Thursday for the following weekend and week.
productive, fun and always something different happening
loved working here, most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people. worked in different cities, had a monthly schedule of stores to visit and the yearly conference trip was awesome with lots of freebies
Unilever is an University it-self. Fully process driven organizational, if you work smart can get to the top quickly.
Excellent work and ethics culture. You will be driven by the process so very little room to make mistakes. Gets very good exposure to Unilever companies around the world.
Pretty good workplace
Place was nice and clean. It always smelt nice due to the products. Made good friends there but management wasnt the best but that goes with alot of work places.
got a decent salary and my manager was super nice.
I loved my manager there. they had work from home. they had lunch outs and i loved it there. the people there were nice too. I got an unexpected salary increase when i moved there.
A great company to work in
a comprehensive platform to try different career wishes. work with amazing people and good benefits plan. culture is people - oriented and most of time work life balanced
Tone-deaf nepotistic management
Millions of dollars of machinery and equipment overseen by comedically ignorant people. Any criticism or attempts to improve anything will be bottlenecked by a select few who are unaware of how something as simple as a changeover is performed while assuming the jobs are easy.
Great company recommend
Great people. Company cares about your safety. Great culture. Only downfall management turnover. Unilever rotates them each one must make a name for themselves when they come into new environments. Which causes morale to drop when this happens. Great pay and benefits
enjoyable place to work
I enjoyed working here. people are easy to get along with and shift work is ideal. seniority can build up quite fast which is also always good. stress free and your job is done when you go home.
Top Tier Company with Great Benefits & Training
Positives:
- Unilever is a top tier company with top tier training, and learning opportunities

- There is also a very agile working policy, where you can work from home whenever you don't have meetings, and work from home almost every Friday

- There is a wide portfolio of brands allowing good progression opportunities

Negatives:

- Lots of company politics

- Not highly supportive of employees moving abroad

- Can be difficult to progress past a certain level
A reputable multinational company
great workplace , learned alot from the exposure - a fast paced environment - worked with many suppliers and resources - exposed to many leadership workshops
awful.
getting laid off every other week
management couldn’t care less

worked here for two years without benefits

ladies who have been here for years will treat you like garbage

most unreliable job I’ve ever had
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
zero job security
This was a great place to work.
I made a lot of money at Unilever, the benefits where fantastic.
Full pay for 6 months on std.

I had 4 weeks vacation after 7 years and unlimited paid sick days with a doctors note after 5.

If they didn’t close our plant and move to Missouri I probably would have retired there. They also had a defined benefit pension plan.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They closed