UniFirst

UniFirst Employee Reviews

Canada97 reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,632 reviews

UnFirst gave me the chance I needed to start my career in Sales

UnFirst was my first role as an outside sales representative and to this day I use some of the tools from training in my Sales Career. My biggest take away from working there was the mentorship from my Sales Manager. I learned so much from her and to this day I still call on her for advise. She taught me to go get it, and to hold myself accountable when I needed to. She never made me feel like a question was a stupid one, and would help me relate to things I couldn't quite wrap my head around. If you go into this role thinking you landed a cushy sales job where you don't have to grind then you will be setting yourself up for failure. But if you have the positive mindset and a "work hard play hard attitude-the girding reaps the rewards! 100% recommend working here if you have the passion and drive to work hard and see what comes with that!

Pros

Good office culture, laid back

Cons

A bit of a commute to the office depending on where you live

Not a great company to work for at all

I worked here as a CSR and I remember during my interview one of my supervisors made the job sound really great, but it ended up being one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a company.The trucks were in really terrible shape and they didn't have sufficient staff to keep them maintained which was a huge safety risk. The only way you could get a somewhat decent truck btw was by working there for years and sucking up to a lot of managers. The management there in general was horrible, if they noticed you wanted to work extra hours they would manipulate you into staying late everyday and then would make a huge deal when it came to paying you overtime.Management would also make mistakes, such as making false promises to their customers and then would throw their CSR's under the bus and blame everything on them when the customer decided to close their account with Unifirst. The environment there was extremely toxic and even though the pay was pretty decent it just wasn't worth the stress. At the end of each shift I would feel emotionally drained and would dread having to go back there again the next day.The facility itself also wasn't organized very well at all and sometimes I would have to spend an extra hour or so trying to find something that was either missing or was placed somewhere else.All-in-all, I would definitely stay away from this company if you want to keep your sanity.

Pros

Being on the open road all day was fun, Definitely got a lot of exercise as well hauling heavy mats and uniforms around

Cons

Management, Toxic work environment, Trucks were in horrible shape, Facility was a mess

Great team to work with.

Solid team in all departments of this location. Been a great experience thus far!When you see reviews remember to take things with a grain of salt but also remember that their are multiple locations across North America.I work 7am to 3:30pm and it works great for my family life!

Pros

No nights, weekends or stats

Cons

It's work

Great place to work, Friendly atmosphere

I have worked at Unifirst Ajax for about a year now in their sales department and have nothing but great things to say about this company and the people that I work with. Everyone from my co-workers to management is always willing to help, the support that you get from the sales manager on a daily basis is endless. I highly recommend working at Unifirst

Pros

Work life balance, Co-workers, Management

Workplace and fun.

I learned how to work in team.My day at work was very busy, but I was felled confortable in work place and I liked the organization for lunch time. The hardest part of the job it is when I didn't inspect very well the uniform and bring back to the client and if client complains is big problem with the manager. The most enjoyable birthday celebration

Pros

free coffee

Cons

normal

Pire expérience à vie

Hypocrisie, compétition et un entreprise qui n'intervient pas dans la violence psychologique ainsi que le harcèlement.Ça passablement été une des expérience de travail les plus violentes de ma vie.

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Toutes, pis va jamais là.

Management overhaul needed

This is a services sales oriented company. From my experience, they need to send their leaders to a leadership training program because they really do need it and it shows with their revolving door turnover rate to managers just flat out belittling and yelling at employess infront of other workers. Our commission checks never being paid out correctly (feeling like you have to fight for what they owe you), to a lack of any real training , I would be cautious about working for this organization.

Pros

Youre working on your own

Cons

Horrible managment, long hours, work/life balance is border line lacking

Success is not based on Management

Success in your position will depend entirely on your ability to take whatever "abuse" or controlling actions the junior management wish to hand out. Based on their mood of the day, it could be more or less. Upper management is aware of issues, but does not do anything about it, and will blindly ignore it, even if told about it, hoping to brush it under the rug and it will go away. They hire in order to fire, and will ensure you are aware that you are likely to be fired, and that they love to fire people for one reason or another.

Pros

The group of people you work with are amazing, top notch

Cons

Management will literally stress you out to maintain power domination over you

productive.

Management is co-operative, good communication, enjoy at work, safety measures are used due to COVID-19, near to my home, work individually, work time is good.

skill improvements

while working at unifirst i learnt so many things. It was my first job so in my first experience i learnt management, handling multiple tasks, details orientation, team work and meeting the deadline.

Complete management failure

This company does not follow it's own cultural rules and ethics. Management creates hostile environment for supervisors and employees. Double standard

Great coworkers and good management

very independent job on the road but management always had your back as long as you did your part. be on time. have to be fit and be willing to work. task and goal oriented but not overwhelming.

Good pay long hours and unorganized

Wake up at 330 or 4 am drive to the plant load your truck up, go on route, come back and do all your paper work. Stuff is always unorganized, managers are always too busy to help or give guidance, everyone seems to hate their job. On the plus you make good money but not worth the hours and hard work you put in.

long days

the job itself is enjoyable but the bosses here doesnt like it if you take time offs, even though they are on holidays 2 weeks every month. youd be lucky to have 2 paid holiday weeks in a year. they are very pushy.

productive and fun place to work at

Work starts early, where one loads his truck a day before or early in the morning. You visit customers and service their accounts and tend to their needs and solve any issues or problems. When you finish the day you get back and cash out with management and go home.

that was one of best experiences of my life but i wanna do job in my study field

Company has great bond between employers. Every employer takes care of other work. There is fast faced environment but every person help each other.that was all fun in work there.

Hard work and management isn t the greatest

Not the best company I've ever worked for decent salary pay management could be a lot better as for the actual job it's doable lot of work sometimes they ask for more than you can give

You’re just a number

The training is good, the environment is terrible. Their expectations are so high that only one in a hundred people will survive. They expect you to be working all the time. I saw an insane amount of employee turnover when I was there. 1 year is about the average for employment here.

got to hit quota

stress to hit quota, good managemant, good team. if your already in the industry it is a huge advantage if not there is a bit learning curve, which they dont have the best patience for

wouldn't work here again

poor management lack of crucial & necessary communication poor system unrealistic standards expected to work overtime everyday hypocrisy language barrier poor quality of equipment forced to pay for health care benefits etc

Not a great place to try to make a living

The wages are way below scale for all technical staff. Management expects the employees to be out of pocket for certain expense ``because you should be grateful for the job`` The benefits are there but cost way more than equivalent plans from other providers, for less coverage. The RRSP plan is OK, if you actually make enough to contribute. Basically, if you are a route rep or management, you might make a living there, if you are in production, you wont`.

Pros

Cons

Lousy pay, Lousy management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UniFirst. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9