Uni-Select Inc. Employee Reviews

Pricing Management
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC4 September 2018
Avoid all job offers from that team. Unhealthy team environment.
The team is afraid of the manager. They can't voice their true mind. And dear you if you publicly disagree with him.
Official response from Uni-Select Inc.
31 October 2018

We strive to offer an healthy work environment to all our team members. We encourage you to talk to a Human Resources Business Partner to discuss further about the situation.

Laborious Job with Little Personal Benefit
Parts Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2018
This company hires particularly through an agency and because of that they have a high turn over rating for new employees. Those who manage to stick around long enough to gain stable hours in a full-time position aren't often hired full-time for years. The raises are few, the benefits are slim, and the management lacks in its ability to recognize its hard-working staff.
Pros
Three guaranteed breaks in 8 hour shifts, honourable of the Equal Work for Equal Pay movement, movement up the corporate ladder is possible
Cons
Very little recognition for hard work, benefits are slim at best, laborious work with possibility of personal injury due to muscle strain.
Fast-paced work environment with teamwork emphasis
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2018
In the near 3 years that I have been here, I have learned quite a lot in the shipping process with Bumper to Bumper Canada. I take a great amount of pride in what we do, but to be honest, I am not hugely impressed with the general attitude of my own supervisor. I believe a leader should be someone you look up to and can rely on for support, one with integrity and respect, but those unfortunately are not things I see in ours.
I also possess the ambition to grow in the company, as I have obtained much knowledge and experience in logistical work, but I haven't received any feedback in opportunities for said growth.
In spite of my concerns, I enjoy working for Uni-Select, a leading distributor in automotive parts throughout Canada, and am impressed by the amount of customers and the quality and quantity of the workload. With competitive wages and fair benefits, I encourage anyone seeking job opportunity to consider Uni-Select.
Pros
Monthly complimentary lunches and yearly social activities
Cons
Poor management, lapses in inter-departmental communication.
emploi agreable dans une entrepot
Commis d entrepot (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC28 February 2018
préparer des commandes et placer la marchandise en tablette.
tranquille pour finir sa carriere ou la commencer
Approvisionneur associé aux projet (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2017
Management ralentisseur de carriere et pas fait pour manager
cloisonnement des services tres tres fort
grand groupe dirigé comme une PME
travail de la maison (dans le departement des appro) mal vu
horaires tretres cool
pression ZERO
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
zero evoluton de carriere
Good company
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 October 2017
This employer was a great place of employment, the company had good direction and clear goals and values. I learned many skills here, the most important one being confidence in myself with a can-do attitude.
Volunteer work
Order Filler/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2017
a typical day at work - you take orders from customers, and you go collect the parts and prep it for delivery

what you learned - Various car parts

management - pretty cool

workplace culture - pretty relaxing

the hardest part of the job - lifting very heavy parts

the most enjoyable part of the job - learning about the car parts, being part of my volunteer work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2017
Very friendly co-employees. Pick up all the items assigned to you and there is no rush at all and no one bugs you while working. The management is also very great and friendly.
Pros
Free lunches
adequate
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2017
I was a warehouse worker at Uniselect. The company is great and provides great benefits to workers. The staff are nice and welcoming but there is very little room for advancement. They also tend to not hire women and the management does not allow for discussion. What I mean by this is that if you have any issues, it is better to report to the head office as management within are unreliable. There is definitely room for improvement but overall it was not a terrible place to work.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
unacceptable management
Terrible company
Parts picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
Managment rules by fear. Safety issues are swept under the rug and never fixed. Racking is blown apart, machinery barely runs, some of the drivers dont even look where they are going half the time. Stay away, stay away
Pros
Free lunches once and awhile, cheepish parts
Cons
Dangerous coworkers, terrible managment
I loved working at Uni-Select
Réceptionniste/commis (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC6 October 2016
I loved the people I worked with and the job that I did, it's not everyone that wakes up in the morning and is happy to go to work, I was.
The only thing that I did not like is that they told me my job was abolished, however they had a replacement for me the very next day.
Pros
Great people
Uni select was a very good job.
Catologue clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
I learned teamwork , and organization . I had great coworkers and management I enjoyed all that I learned . The hardest part of the job was the heavy workload . The best thing was also the heavy workload and the feeling of being able to complete the tasks on time .
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
strict deadlines
Overall Disappointing
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2015
They do say that the work is there and for the most part it is but when it comes to securing a future with this it is an un-answerable question, then you are giving what i call excuses about head office not allowing more bodies to be hired when they have agency people like myself there every day. Now due to the lack of promising commitment, most people from the agency does not choose to maintain employment with the company. As far as management, the GM (Joe) does not seem to make what i would efficient decisions for the company. Also very under paid for the amount of skills that is used to carry out the job. I could keep going but I do not have all night to sit and right a book...

Hopefully my words will not fall on deaf ears.
Pros
They let you work without unnecessary spervision
Cons
Doesn't know how to give directions well
nice workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk / Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boucherville, QC21 November 2015
summer hours;
fun environment to work in;
potential to grow and advance in the company;
reimbursement for schooling related to your employment;
It was a good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 July 2015
Signed out orders to pick.
Learned how to use scanning guns for parts, drove little carts around to pick parts, did parts and tools counting.
Most enjoyable part was learning new staff everyday and asking questions if I don't know something or if I need help.
Good co-workers, BAD managment
driver (Former Employee) –  Bc7 May 2015
As it has been said, trying to do too much and it's hurting everyone down the line. Management nepotism also causes some problems.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
unfriendly management, overloaded pace
Fun work place
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 April 2015
Uni- Select was a great place to work at. Everyone was fun and very caring and the shifts were great. 9 am - 6 pm. Easy work and great people to be around.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
no cons
it's ok if you realy need a job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2013
you get orders , then you pick parts all day long, I have learn to do that very well, management is some what unfair to workers at times and slow to act, it takes a while to advance in the company, co- workers are friendly but at time two face, the hardest part of my job is the stress I face knowing that I'm not moving up in the company as I would like, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help other out when they need help.
Pros
free lunches once in a while
Cons
long time to wait till you get benefits
Great for students who need flexibility, but no room for advancement.
Parts Handler (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 August 2013
There are F/T and P/T positions; however, there are a limited number of F/T positions, and they are all full. There will not be any more added for at least 3 more years; but likely there will never be any more added. Full time comes with a full benefits package: medical, dental, optical, paid sick days, paid vacation, paid bereavement days, etc. Part time comes with no benefits of any kind; not even a single sick day. Part time does give you the availability to create your own schedule each week, working anywhere from 8 - 40 hrs, as per choice (except for when work is slow, P/T or, "TEMPORARY" employees, can have their hours cut or limited, as per their senority on the P/T list). This flexibility is great for students, and even some parents who may want a flexible schedule to accommodate school functions and children's activities; but again, there are NO benefits provided for this position. The likelihood of moving up to F/T depends not on how long you work for the company, or how hard you work, but on how long the people holding the current F/T positions stay in the company, holding that position. You could work there for 10 years, 40hrs/wk - every week, and never officially be F/T and not get any benefits. This is a good place to go to get experience in a warehouse setting and the use of RF guns and their related programs; the experience can come in handy at other warehouses with more opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits or room for advancement
Solid experience
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2013
Typical cog-like employee for a large automobile parts distributor, but soon gained recognition as being able to delegate work and maintain order in my department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uni-Select Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.