Here to help
Coronavirus update

UNFI Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Clients overtly tell me my manager is not a nice person and should not be in management. The person in my role last confessed he left due to bullying on managers part. Manager is a bully. Toxic work place. HR has been informed so many times. No progressive moves made. I alone have countless stories. Oh and basically no training just cruel management. Very bad! Stay clear if you have positive ambitions.
This place has a very bad work culture.
They try to mask it with terrible events to "boost" morale.

You are told bold half truths, if not out right lies to make it seem like you are being looked after to handle your duties properly.

Issues are overlooked in lieu of speed and work completion and there is nowhere to voice your opinion.
Changes are happening and as a result there will be issues. Management is doing good at listening and trying to correct issues that have been left up in the air for years. Benefits are okay and could be better. Equipment is new and very well maintained. Most of my customers are super to deal with. Fun co-workers. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Decent pay and decent benefits
The supervisors/ leadership team lacks the knowledge to inform employees of their rights or their responsibilities. The high up leadership is terrifying in how they treat their employees like children sometimes. Stuff was taken without permission, by the main boss, because they didn't like where it was stored in the lunchroom. The freezer is poorly taken care of as well
Pros
Great deadend job with increasing pay
Cons
Awfully maintained filthy workplace for food
Things could have been a lot more productive and organized if allowed to do my job without very poor direction from management at that time. To much interference , plus poor judgement on how to handle people and their overall production.
Une entreprise américaine qui a acheté une compagnie canadienne et a tout changé le fonctionnement.
Manager and supervisors always leave early even when the work is not done. All the work must be completed in order for the CSR to leave and they are no help from management as they are long gone.

The job is 90% data entry but is not mentioned during the job interview and their codes are not accurate or updated to match the product item.
Mixed feelings about working here. I thought the warehouse was amazingly set up and it made it very easy to get your work done. We had brand new machines. Our guns we used for order picking and replenishing always worked well. And it was very organized. However, the hours and overtime were very exhausting. We only had 1, 30 min break. In a 10/11 hour shift. Unless you were a smoker. Management would play favorites with the work given, because depending how fast you go you get extra pay. It's physically demanding work.
Pros
Discount if you are to buy from them
Cons
Long hours, not enough pay, not good management
Good management and good environment.. i learnd a lot of things... very supportive management and toughfull .. friendly co workers and no discremanation
You'll be working in a pretty cold environment, at around -35 degrees. Coats provided by the company isn't enough so you have to invest on your own. No food courts so you have to bring your cooked lunch.
Pros
friendly coworkers, Competitive pay
Cons
Too cold, Lots of heavy lifting
Working at the company for multiple years, they have to see you're on your way out before you get real recognition and offers of advancement.
Good company to work at to build a resume for a job at the company you actually want to work with.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Combative management
I have joined this company switching with 7 year old. In a month an individual similar to my role in Management turn out into a hater and passed racial comments to me and tried to had a physical contact with me by using extremely abusive language. It made myself heart broken and i have to leave this Supervisor position as the investigation process was so slow. Just worked for a month and felt intensive self insecurity with his eyes full of rage always staring at me.
Pros
Good Package, Excellent Top Management
Cons
No Quick Actions, Very Slow and Inappropriate towards Job Environment
Was your average good work environment. Montreal office is a very small office, under 10 persons at the office. Very quiet days at times...
Do not have any negativity to write about, personally needed a change to improve knowledge & career.
Cons
Gestion autonome de la journée de travail. Tâches variées et non-routinières au courant de la semaine. Culture d'entreprise motivante axée sur la responsabilité environnementale et sociale. Avantages sociaux compétitifs
Lots of change, lots of new people, and processes. Staff are all learning, and working hard. Culture is good and management is working to improve for the future.
People were "let go" constantly with no notice and the usual reason "the company is going in a different direction".

Typical day at work, 10 hours worth of work on an 8 hour day. Never, ever get caught up but yet they expect you to do more and then you get a "scolding" if you do not complete all of your work in time.

Worst part of the job is staff interaction which is pretty much not allowed.

Best part of the job was the company discount. There were a few nice people to work with there.
Pros
company discount
Cons
Short staffed, employees other than myself at the end of their ropes due to work overload.
Good company to start out with. Easy to get into due to noncompetitive pay and high turnover at the company. Take on roles beyond the job description due to people quitting. However very many dissatisfied clients due to disorganised management.
Pros
Upwards mobility, low cost grocery
Cons
Low pay, bad work environment, poor management, dissatisfied suppliers and customers
My worst work experience.
- Low pay rate

- Overtime not paid

- Stressful work environment

- Bad management

- Bad schedules

- lack of team spirit (hyper competitive)
Salary and benefits are good. People are okay to work with but for someone who lives far from the area it is not enough to make me stay on the job plus it is physically taxing.
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement. Many benefits to employees including tuition assistance, health benefits, company events and employee market.
Environnement de travail est très agréable. Belle équipe avec qui j'adore travailler!