Under Armour, Inc

Under Armour, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,117 reviews

Free Food

Walk in, sign in and talk to your manager about what you're doing that day. Learned how to communicate and connect with customers. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep the tables clean all the time.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Cleaning up after closing hours

If you're not the most energetic person in the world, they will rip you apart.

Being at Under Armour was fine for the first few months, until the managers really started getting on my case about very miscellaneous things and honestly just finding a reason to tell me I'm doing something wrong. Never got a "hey good job today" or "we'll do better tomorrow". The managers are immature, they try to be hip and cool and fun, but when they are stressed out it's a complete 180 don't even try talking to them. There's so much wrong with this work environment, but to top it off an employee had stolen my wallet (because it was in the backroom) and the managers did nothing "we are not responsible for lost or stolen items", I'm not a customer I'm your asset. That was the tipping point that made me leave, so apply at your own risk.

Pros

The employee discount was cool

Cons

They definitely play favorites

great culture

Working retail at UA is great, the pay and salary could be much better as well as the progression in regards to salary increase is almost non-existent. Great team, great values and culture. Great relationships with everyone around.

Fun work place with flexible hours

A typical day could be anything from being on cash or folding clothes and assisting customers. The workplace is relaxed and everyone gets along. The best part is the relationship you build between co workers.

Pros

Company discount, flexible hours, fun work environment

Amazing job

I love this job that I am working out right now it is very fast pace and that’s what I really like about it we have really kind managers we have really con employees I couldn’t ask for a better team

Pros

Amazing

Cons

No cons

Been there just over a month. The management is great and the staff is great. Store is fast paced, always busy with foot traffic. Company has plans to grow rapidly so lots of opportunity for upward mobility. Really enjoying it so far.

fun workplace

Good place to work, good atmosphere. Employees and management are nice. Can get very busy during peak hours, and is sometimes understaffed during that time frame.

Pros

discounts on workout close

Cons

work at Vaughan mills

Relaxed Job

Great place to work, met many co-workers who are considered very close friends now. Fast-paced at peak times/days, customer service, physical labour etc.

Yikes

Was very disappointed working here. I got hired here recently in their Ajax ON location store and it was okay at first but eventually there were some managers that was completely power tripping. And favouritism was showing a lot to other employees making others felt so discouraged working there. It’s been a month and the whole atmosphere most of the time negative and discouraging. I really wanted to enjoy working there but it’s just not working out...

Love it

I love my job everyone is so happy we joke around with each other not while we are with athletes of course.. the managers are amazing they care about you they are so nice if you need a day off they try to make it happen I would recommend working here with anyone

One of the best job ever had

It is a fun place to work. My supervisors are very helpful to me. I learnt a lot from them first is time management better communication skill and most important is how to give an exceptional customer service.

Pros

Good pay and generous employee discount

Excellent

It’s a good place to work. Work along a strong team that’s willing to help out as much as possible during each shift. All around good work environment.

Coworkers were great, management and customers not so great

A typical day would be: clock in, get sent to a section, clock out. Most of the time, you have to figure out the promotions and check which section you're in yourself. Knowing Mandarin is a must otherwise you'll both get frustrated and may end in them yelling at you for not understanding them. Lots of extremely rude/entitled customers come through those doors, so unless you're very forward, patient and thick-skinned, pray that you don't get put on cash. Management wasn't great. If you're efficient, management throws a ton of work at you which gets extremely overwhelming. You're essentially doing twice or three times the amount of work because a slower employee couldn't do his job properly. Scheduling the right amount of shifts is always an issue, understaffed on busy days and overstaffed on slow days. You don't get a 15 minute paid break (it's been on and off for the past year or 2) because apparently it was too hard for management to schedule, only an unpaid 30 minute if you work more than 5 hours. As for opportunities to grow in the company, there are none. They barely ever promote anyone and preferred external hires. The only reason why I liked working there was the coworkers. They were super fun to be around and made being there bearable.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

Customers, management, no opportunity to grow

Awful new store manager

The coworkers are great, however the store manager is awful. She has no idea how to do her job, and treats the employees like children, even those who know the job inside and out, who know the job better than her in fact. Do not work here getting paid like trash to work with her is not worth your time.

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

Horrible store manager, customer base, low pay

Fun Staff to work with

Welcoming staff, accommodating to school and other job schedules. Scheduling is done electronically making it easy to book off and check days of work in advance.

Productive and fun place to work

This is probably my favorite job I've had so far. I've learned a large amount in such a short time and its helped me succeed in other facets of my work life. I really enjoy working there partially due to the employees that I get to work with, they help make my shift an even better experience.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Fun workplace with great people

Awesome sale associate position within an amazing company. You get to deal with the public in selling Under Armour clothing all while you get to promote the clothing in a fun and productive environment. Management takes great pride in their workplace and will do anything to accommodates your needs. They also take great care of their employees during the stressful holiday shopping seasons.

Pros

Awesome clothing, good pay, fun environment

Very Good

very friendly management, and very understanding management. lots of hours, and moving into a brand new store, is even more exciting and keeps employees excited currently.

Typical retail job

It's like any other retail job location. The hours were horrible as the shifts are never consistent each week. Good employees but the management can be a mess at time.

Fun, hardworking atmosphere,

Under Armour is a great company that challenges their employees to be the best person they can be. We were always asked to, innovate and create any ideas s that would benefit the workplace and the company.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

not many hours.

Not a bad job

Friendly employees and good work environment. Hours are good and the management is great! The workplace culture is excellent and the training was provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Under Armour, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement