Ultra Manufacturing Employee Reviews

working for ultra
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 April 2019
working at ultra was a very high pace high traffic shipping area.loading up 10 loads a shift. i take great pride in the quality of my work and timely fashion i am able to get my work completed.the most enjoyable part of my day is getting told great job today at the end day.
Absolutely awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 March 2019
Management is hostile and expected tons of OT. No respect for personal life or work life balance. No respect for people at all. Unprofessional managers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours no work life balance, management hostile and unpleasant
Excellent atmosphere makes it a great place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 September 2018
I have worked in automotive manufacturing for several years, but when I came to Ultra it felt totally different. The Supervisors and Managers are always willing to help out wherever they can. They hire from within and look to develop and coach employees so they can excel and progress through the company. Everyone seems to be happy when they come to work. I feel like there is a real team environment here. For such a large company it is sometimes difficult for it to feel like you matter or that you're being heard, but that does not seem to be an issue here. The pay is also higher than any automotive manufacturing environment I have worked in before, which is a huge plus.
Pros
good wages, friendly workers, permanent shifts
Relaxed and layed back atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 September 2018
I worked straight nights for four years. It was very layed back but we still always met are loads and got our stuff done.
Dealing with management sucks because they don't care about the little guy. Like pushing us to work long weekends making it sound like we don't have a choice. They think our life should stop for the company. One thing i noticed when i started was how friendly everybody was, going out of there way to smile and say good morning. Once a month the employees would organize a pot luck dinner for every shift. You really get to know people.
The hardest thing i had troubles with was the extreme language berrier, 90% of people speak english as second language and hard to understand somtimes. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the job was how much people helped each other. Rather then saying "that's not my job" anybody would stop what they were doing to help out. So many people knowadays think that "its not my job"
Pros
Profit sharing, raise every year, free lunches
Cons
Too many bosses. sometimes it seems nobody has clue.
Productive workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 July 2018
A typical day at work is going on signing in at what time you arrived looking over your shift reports that are on the binder to see what issues or defects they have had over the past couple days and stamping your correct shift on the back of the sheet then you will continue with looking over your work order for the day and get continued on that we check car parts so like the center finish panels and this and that and we’re looking for defects like scratches poor welds broken vanes
Fast-Paced and Rewarding Work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 May 2018
Great Job for a student for the summer,really flexible when it comes to school and work schedules. While there is a major focus on productivity if you wrk hard and stay focused things should be fine.
Pros
Good managers and great co-workers
Cons
Hours can be long
Productive and fun place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2017
It was a great place to work...I've learned allot threw my years working there.one of the best place I've worked...very understanding and opening.strongly advise any one to work there..old or young...pays good to
Horrible place to work
Material Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 July 2017
This place was horrible to work at. Management yelled at personnel all the time. They did not respect the employees. Very high turn over rate. Started looking for another job after only being there 1 month.
Pros
no pros
Cons
expected overtime hours, too much work for one person
Fast paced work enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 May 2017
very fast paced work every day
everyone is very friendly
sometimes you can work with a different machine
some areas is very hot in the summer
many over time opportunities
Good work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 April 2017
Fast paced demanding position, enjoyed the varied of work assignments, challenging and improving my skills, hot working conditions, good overtime, lack of consistent work.
Pros
good overtime
Cons
lack of steady work
Fun environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 December 2015
Management is amazing and the pay is good . The stability of the work place is awesome if you work hard you will always have a place their and are able to move up in the company very quickly
Only if you're young
Production (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 October 2015
My personal opinion is you more than likely get hired on only if you are relatively young so far my experience with them is that they don't seem to be interested in older people in my opinion only apply there and expect to get a call or a job there if you're in my opinion only 40 or below
Pros
not sure of any pros
Cons
not sure of any cons
Productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo12 March 2015
Enjoyed working for this company but hrs did not suit. Great with employee safety. Learned to work in a fast paced setting and have excellent attention to detail and 100 percent accuracy,
Permanent Shifts
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Waterloo,on6 February 2015
You are put on one shift with very little chance to be moved to another shift. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part of my job was actually being moved from production worker to material handler. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers.
Long Hours for decent pay
Assembler/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 May 2014
Good stable hours, paid breaks, and a very nice benefit package, only downside is the lack of communication there was between the different levels of management. The cell leaders would tell you to do one task then the supervisor would go above them and tell you to not worry about that and do something for them, and you'd be stuck in the middle attempting to keep both parties happy. Training was also an issue. The person who trained me had only been there three weeks prior so I wasn't exactly trained properly.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Difficult environment to get used to
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2014
Always on the go. Fast paced but also can be very stressful. A lot of overtime expected, and not just weekends. Management can be hostile at times.
fast paced, quality conscious
Plastic injection moulding machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2013
group start up meetings so all employees are equally aware of any issues.
plenty of overtime available
The worst company I've ever worked for
Manufacturing Employee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 January 2013
The company culture is very POOR. They treat there employees unpleasantly, production managers&supervisors are very rude, company is unstable, they easily lay-off employees due to automotive market fluctuation. I will never work for this company ever again.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long hours & very rude production managers & supervisors