Ultra Manufacturing

Ultra Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Horrible management
Management is horrible just horrible. Lots of bullying. They yell and scream at you swear ,threaten and you can't complain. The current HR doesn't care about the workers they just do what management say so there's no one to support the workers. Previous HR was trying but quit when the couldn't support the workers as they should. The pay is great but not worth the stress. Can be a great place to work if management would treat people like people.
Pros
Great pay. Great employees. Great benefits
Cons
To much bullying giving people anxiety and stress.
productive, lovely company, and friendly Employees
I loved this company because they treat there Employee the same and care about them, the management make sure that every employee work together as family, the company make sure that the professional employee help those who are new to learn how to use different machine.
It's productive
It's productive can be fun when your not a target for the week, month, months , day or days. they do a lot of mobbing/bullying to workers who work hard and do a good job, like fairness is a huge issue in all cell's on each shift. I never believed when I heard complaints from other workers , who were kind enough to warn me. Then it was not until I started to become a victim of mobbing/bulling along with physical & verbal assault I endured by authority figures example cell leaders, co workers and management. I brought my issues up to a head HR & regular HR, then was never given an updated on the investigation , just a verbal warning very recently about my absences, which I had doctor's notes for most . But I found it strange how I was never informed sooner about my absences, not even during a review. So with my health condition I feel now threatened for my job security & health.
Ultra is company scared of unionization of frontline employees. Managers that will not support supervisors. They want "stupid"visors"
Treat supervisors as disposable, do not value/allow supervisors input into hiring, training or transfer of employees within their teams. They will transfer key people such as process or mat handlers without any notice or replacement same day from your team. They then will blame supervisor for negative impacts on performance. Poor HR team. Poor manager support. Scared of unionization.
Company does not care about its employees.
Company does not care about its employees.Replace and forget. Worked here for almost a decade when i seriously needed help and was straight forward about my issues and asked for help his mind was already made up. Goodbye sir thank you for your service. Lesson learned never ask your employer for help if your slipping and need help in your personal life. I never felt so disrespected in my life.
Very good company.
I worked in the company almost 7 years.It is a very good company and it has good cultrue.The leaders are kind and nice to worker.I loves the company very much.But I quit half year ago and now I regret very much and I wish I can go back to work in the company.
People don't leave bad jobs,they leave bad bosses!
Working at Ultra can be good and toxic it depends what is your position at Ultra and with who your working. The pay is good compare to other automotive factories in the region and there is lots of overtime.
Management is here unprofessional offensive and abusive language.

The Human Resource depeatmant is ok they cant do much if you come up forward against a supervisor or manager,its always the small worker who gets in trouble here and they talk how every employee is equal here,well different rules for different people .
fast paced , relaxed enviroment
Fast paced but couldn't do the hours at the time. Relaxed place to work but management and employees on the floor did not have much communication. Overall not a bad place to work
Solid Manufacturing Company
I've been very impressed with the company since I joined. The General Manager is well respected and on the floor daily. There are lots of events and employee recognition activities such as a foosball tournament, quality week and recently a multicultural day. Lots of internal job postings to let employees move up or to other areas. I would definitely recommend the company as a great place to work.
Good pay for easy work
This plant has been around for more than 10 years and always offers steady work. Job security is one thing you do not have to worry about working at ultra manufacturing. The pay is very fair and better than the competitors in and around our area. There are people that complain every day about this- that -and the other thing- but these are the same people that abuse the length of their brakes and hide out throughout the plant trying to do the least work possible. Management seems to always check in daily asking how things are going and seem to honestly care when you raise a concern or want to change something in your work area, which is refreshing because that is not the typical culture at most warehouse or manufacturing environments.
Management is horrible
Working at this company, don't expect to see any type of growth. You put in long hours and never rewarded. A lot of favouritism. Poor communication. No type of training to guide you. A lot of accidents that are never reported. Breaks are abused. If you speak your mind you will find yourself out the door. HR doesn't see there is problem with the huge turnover especially in logistics.
Pros
The job pays your bills
Cons
Managers treat you like pigs, quality of parts garbage, underpaid, overworked, yet they still ship, poor leadership
Ultramanufacturing work
Working is good here , good teamworker and easy job . Nedd collabration and try to stress on the work for good reaults. Good employer and supervisior help here .
Terrible management
This is a good place to work if you enjoy being harrassed and management terminating you for coming forward about it. The worst management I've ever worked for.
Floor Worker
I was there for 3 years and in this 3 years. I've seen alot of people come and go. There is a high rate of hiring and firing.
They always have ads up on Indeed and it's not because of growth..check for yourselves. Also theres alot of bullying, harassment and disrespect and majority of people are scared to speak out.

They do not care about you and only care about productivity and if you are a immigrant. Your chances to move up is slim. The farthest you'll go would be a team leader.

I've seen alot of people do their job well and showed up on time and still got fired for the smallest thing just cause they we're not favored

Beware of this company!!

This is the truth.

I'm not a disgruntled employee I left.
Pros
Cons
Job security
Beware about speaking up here!!
I worked here for about a year as a set up tech. I witnessed on many occasions bullying and harassment by management towards their employees. After a plant wide meeting about Bill 168 (violence and harassment in the workplace), I spoke up about it. My concerns were investigated. I was found to be in the right. Then I was walked out 1 month later for doing so. Not a nice place to work. Pay is good. Workmates are nice. But management is horrible. If you have opinions, don’t voice them here or you won’t last long.
Pros
Very busy and fast paced. Good pay.
Cons
Management does not care about their employees.
working for ultra
working at ultra was a very high pace high traffic shipping area.loading up 10 loads a shift. i take great pride in the quality of my work and timely fashion i am able to get my work completed.the most enjoyable part of my day is getting told great job today at the end day.
Absolutely awful
Management is hostile and expected tons of OT. No respect for personal life or work life balance. No respect for people at all. Unprofessional managers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours no work life balance, management hostile and unpleasant
great place to work
great place to work people are good work liofe balance was good pay was good. hours were regular and the facility was very clean and well organized. busy
Excellent atmosphere makes it a great place to work
I have worked in automotive manufacturing for several years, but when I came to Ultra it felt totally different. The Supervisors and Managers are always willing to help out wherever they can. They hire from within and look to develop and coach employees so they can excel and progress through the company. Everyone seems to be happy when they come to work. I feel like there is a real team environment here. For such a large company it is sometimes difficult for it to feel like you matter or that you're being heard, but that does not seem to be an issue here. The pay is also higher than any automotive manufacturing environment I have worked in before, which is a huge plus.
Pros
good wages, friendly workers, permanent shifts
Relaxed and layed back atmosphere
I worked straight nights for four years. It was very layed back but we still always met are loads and got our stuff done.
Dealing with management sucks because they don't care about the little guy. Like pushing us to work long weekends making it sound like we don't have a choice. They think our life should stop for the company. One thing i noticed when i started was how friendly everybody was, going out of there way to smile and say good morning. Once a month the employees would organize a pot luck dinner for every shift. You really get to know people.

The hardest thing i had troubles with was the extreme language berrier, 90% of people speak english as second language and hard to understand somtimes. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the job was how much people helped each other. Rather then saying "that's not my job" anybody would stop what they were doing to help out. So many people knowadays think that "its not my job"
Pros
Profit sharing, raise every year, free lunches
Cons
Too many bosses. sometimes it seems nobody has clue.
Productive workplace
A typical day at work is going on signing in at what time you arrived looking over your shift reports that are on the binder to see what issues or defects they have had over the past couple days and stamping your correct shift on the back of the sheet then you will continue with looking over your work order for the day and get continued on that we check car parts so like the center finish panels and this and that and we’re looking for defects like scratches poor welds broken vanes