Ultimate Security Services inc. Employee Reviews

Not enjoyable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2019
If you’re thinking of working here make sure it’s not long term company treats you with no respect at all and the HR and management is a joke. They illegally hold pay and try to force you to sign your rights away. Also even if the company is at fault of anything they will pin all the blame on you saying you’re negligent and ignore the fact of all the complaints you’ve had in your own reports.
2 December 2019

Thank you for your input. You are entitled to your opinion.

Just to clarify, we do not and can not ask an employee to sign away their rights. All our documents and policies comply with Employment Standards. It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do.

All the best in your future endeavors.

Horrible security company!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 November 2019
First let's start with their so called training and orientation. Nothing is properly explained or throughly answered. I was personally rushed through the process and was given misinformation.Second, your required to pay for a uniform that is used not brand new, and once returned your not refunded. Third be very mindful your overtime isn't paid for until you work over 176 hours because they average your hours in a 4 week period. Never had a issue like this with any company for overtime pay but hey, they careless to make their employees work in unhealthy, poorly run sites. Take my advice and get out.

worked
2 December 2019

To address your concerns on the orientation, you were more than aware that we had to have someone on the site as quickly as possible. We hired you with all your past education and security training and made you a Site Supervisor which would mean that you were MORE than trained and qualified. You read and signed all our documents which included the Averaging Agreement and you had no concerns at that time. You were also aware of the site that you were working before you did your first shift.

Had a good experience working for them with good advancement opportunities
Mobile Security (Former Employee) –  York, Ontario3 October 2018
Starting working as a guard and had a lot of training. I was able to advance up the chain from a guard to mobile. Good management and employer. Helped me progress and advance. Good people i had a chance to work with and their client were very nice.
Pros
Had employee events barques, and promotions
Cons
none that i had
2 December 2019

Thanks for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated!

depends
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON22 December 2017
the reviews you see of people saying its the most amazing experience in their life to work at this company..clearly shows its management. your working for 13 dollars an hour with no room for advancement and management was always a joke. how could a part time or full time job that pays so little be the best job / company you ever work for
Not Good at All
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
This company is very small.
Communication with management and support is bad.
they don't absorb the information that you give them even in writing.
they don't acknowledge their mistakes and insists that the employee is wrong even with proof.
they don't train properly they criticize you and dock you without any form of communication in order to correct the problem.
they talk bad and make fun of employees in front of employees.
there is no structure to this company its just based on making money.
their pay is minimum.
YOU still have to PAY for your uniform even IF YOU RETURN IT!!!
Pros
easy orientation
Cons
over charge in uniforms, poor communications
28 December 2017

very sorry to hear this, first time for everything. to clarify we DO NOT DOCK anything as that is against the ministry of labor.

11 October 2018

We are sorry you had a bad experience here, you can never please everyone. but we try our hardest too. with the "dock you without any form" is not something we do here. you really need to check that out and fully explain that to us, according to MOL its against the law, and that's 100 % in violation.

With uniforms, we don't take them back, as you have worn them. we issue new uniforms to new employees, not used, worn ones.

By far, the best security company out there.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  York, ON2 November 2016
Not like larger security companies where they look at you as a number, this company looks at you as part of their family. The management team and staff are awesome. Very friendly, very supportive every step of the way and most importantly, they respect and care about their employees. It's about the people, the environment, the workplace, the positive energy is what makes this company the best company to work for. "The Ultimate Experience".
Pros
This company makes you feel like a rock star!!!
managers are great and understanding. lots of fun..many internal events
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  toronto21 October 2016
the company is growing very fast, they have moved me around to sites until i got to a site that i liked
been here for 6 months now
Pros
great backup and operational support
Amazing company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Coming to Ultimate has been the greatest decision in my life, it has offered me so much experience, guidance and training to move forward and up in rank with the company.
Pros
promotions
Great place to work. staff and fellow guards are great
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
i have worked at ultimate for over 1 year now and i have nothing but good things to say, they treat me like a person and not a number like the other large companies do.
Pros
managers are understanding and great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Security Services inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ultimate Security Services inc. Reviews by Location