Uline
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

Uline

Uline Employee Review

Old school

Long days and and strict management. Their way or the highway with extreme micromanagement. In their defence they do tell you this in the interview process

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Cult-like culture

Get ready for some serious cult-like mentality as you go through your first interview. First, they sit about 50 people on plastic chairs and long tables setup in the warehouse floor. Then you go through some exercises to show that you know how to count and how fast you can process information (some 10 pages of numbers that you need to add and multiply). Then they sit you with the same 50 people in front of 10 recruiters, no privacy, all done in the open, in front of everyone, right on the floor of their warehouse. The interview starts with a 10 minutes schpeal with them praising how great their company is and how they expect people to give their 100% to grow within. The person who interviewed me had absolutely no idea what position I had applied for, nor were they able to explain what I would be doing on a day-to-day basis (I mean, it’s a sales position, it shouldn’t be hard to explain). From there it really went downhill as they started asking very personal questions such as: if I had children and what were my salary expectations. It became really uncomfortable so I thanked the recruiter for their time and walked out of the interview.

Pros

If you like working for nut jobs, this is the place for you

Cons

Employees are expendable

No work/life balance

Uline paints a great picture and a perfect culture but it is far from the truth. They care more about sales than they do you. They control every aspect of your day and if certain metrics aren't met they aren't afraid to tell you.

Excellent Training

- This company turned me into the successful sales representative I am today. - Mondays would be office days and setting up the following week of sales calls. - Tuesday to Friday would consist of 6-7 sales calls a day with 3-6 cold calls. - Management is detailed and efficient. - Hardest part of the job is getting people on the phone to set upp the appointments. - the most enjoyable part of the job is when you successfully convert a customer to Uline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement