Uline

Uline Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Great opportunity for hardworking individuals who want to start a career with a growing company.

I have been at Uline for close to 4 years and am very happy that I applied when I did. As a growing branch there have been many opportunities to learn new skills and further my career. I have been lucky enough to move into many different roles to assist with our growth. Not everyone will move as quickly through the roles but there will be more opportunities that open up. The work is fast paced and everyone is held accountable for their production/accuracy which means you are expected to give your best everyday. If you are not meeting expectations there will be follow up and coaching. Due to our continued growth and unpredictable times, there is the need to work overtime to get customers their orders on time. Management works to try and get everyone home on time but there will be days when overtime is expected. Uline expects a lot out of their employees but they return hard work with higher wages and benefits. The team in Edmonton is great to work with and with a new building opening later this year, this is a perfect time to join the team.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, opportunities for advancement and learning, fast paced, hold employees accountable, very clean and organized.

Cons

Regular shift hours can be difficult or unusual for some, continued growth and unpredictable workload can lead to longer days, work can be repetitive and physically demanding.

Terrible place to work

They expect the world from you as far as qualifications, and they only give you basic, repetitive, mundane tasks. They also lie about your compensation. They put up $25-30 an hour just to get people to apply, but they will pay you significantly less.

Cons

Long hours, poor leadership

Industry leading pay/benefits with incredible mentors

Pros:The People- Every employee and manager I've worked with at Uline is incredibly kind and open to having conversations regardless of their position. During onboarding and training they have a mentorship program that allows you to work and train with a tenured mentor. The mentor genuinely cares about your well being and I still go to them for questions and advice. The Pay- Entry level positions are above industry average pay with competitive benefits and a great profit sharing annual bonus that is provided to all employees. The Position- Due to the wide breadth of customers Uline supplies products to, every day is wildly different. I've never had a boring day as we are empowered to deal with virtually all situations brought to our attention. This allows you to work with the customer to find the right solution and is incredibly fulfilling as you often work with small businesses.Cons:Location- The branch has a large warehouse that our products are shipped from, so it is located in Milton to be able to accommodate the space. This can be difficult for commuters who do not have access to their own car.

Well managed company and treat employees well. Great place to work.

Very well managed company treats their employees well.Uline recognize the unique value in every individual and provides equal opportunity in terms of growth.Uline has very strong value in terms of making a positive contribution to their employees, customers & vendors.Excellent pay, benefits and competitive bonus.Great culture, enthusiastic managers and motivating environment.Provides internal growth internal opportunity.Able to manage workload independently.Overall a great company with all the positives to work with.

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits & competitive bonus.

Cons

You need to have a car since transportation is not easy in bus.

Cult-like culture

Get ready for some serious cult-like mentality as you go through your first interview. First, they sit about 50 people on plastic chairs and long tables setup in the warehouse floor. Then you go through some exercises to show that you know how to count and how fast you can process information (some 10 pages of numbers that you need to add and multiply). Then they sit you with the same 50 people in front of 10 recruiters, no privacy, all done in the open, in front of everyone, right on the floor of their warehouse. The interview starts with a 10 minutes schpeal with them praising how great their company is and how they expect people to give their 100% to grow within. The person who interviewed me had absolutely no idea what position I had applied for, nor were they able to explain what I would be doing on a day-to-day basis (I mean, it’s a sales position, it shouldn’t be hard to explain). From there it really went downhill as they started asking very personal questions such as: if I had children and what were my salary expectations. It became really uncomfortable so I thanked the recruiter for their time and walked out of the interview.

Pros

If you like working for nut jobs, this is the place for you

Cons

Employees are expendable

Not worth the money

They call themselves a family oriented company but they only care about the Uihlien family, not your! Mandatory 10 hour days plus weekends! They have 4 job fairs a week plus radio ads for almost 2 years and are still not staffed. Their is no work life balance. The human resource department does not care about their staff. Its micro managed like no employer I have ever worked for. They work you until you are injured and then use it against you during your review. Tenure means nothing. Even though they pay a lot turnover rate is still through the roof. I do not recommend!!!

Pros

salary

Cons

mandatory over time, physically draining, stressful, toxic work environment

Very Organized and efficient working environment with good pay

I have recently joined the ULINE team. The company provides great benefits, and the work environment is clean and safe. They go above and beyond to ensure employees' well being and safety. Team work is truly valued at ULINE and professional training is provided. The company provides great management feedback and compensation. A good company to join, would recommend.

Pros

Compensation

Great pay, horrible culture

I worked at Uline in Edmonton for about a year and a half. When I applied, I was a 32 year old with warehouse supervisor and department managing experience. They called for an interview, and when I arrived the day of, I was brought into a room with approx. 20 other people. We filled out 2 simple math tests, and then everyone received a verbal one-on-one interview. I was the only one from my group to be hired, and staff told me nobody had been hired for months before me. I later found out if you don’t hit the minimum score on their tests, you get an interview with a regular warehouse employee that can’t hire you. The ad said up to $30/hour, so I requested that when I met with the branch manager and he laughed and said “we just put that in the ad to get people in the door”. At my end of year review I was told I had the best order picking stats in the branch (they keep track of all your stats, errors, etc) and I received a raise of less than a dollar for it. They sent me to their Toronto branch to train for a promotion to a dept manager; and when I got back to Edmonton they told me I would be running the night shift without asking me if I could work that schedule. When I refused, they said that was why they sent me for training, and I told them if I knew it was for a night shift I wouldn’t have gone. My final straw before I quit was that every year, all the branches make their employees film scenes from popular movies, but with the employees pretending to be the owners of the company. They then make staff stay late to watch all the branches videos (you are paid for it, -

Pros

Above average warehouse pay, very clean warehouse

Cons

Mandatory OT, cult like culture, management that doesn’t care about or listen to their staff. Plus you have to film weird movies.

Pretty good money (after 1 year) but you might want to leave

- best part about working here is the money they offer (mainly the profit-sharing bonus) - but after the first time it becomes less thrilling - after 1 year (full-time) they only award you an unremarkable key-chain instead of something more useful like a gift-card for gas/groceries - at times they don't "ask you" to work longer or work a stat. holiday - they try to intimidate and slightly harass (not exactly motivate) which I found unwelcome/inappropriate - one day a bright co-worker (management trainee) told me that in this warehouse it's just picking and packing and what else (what advancement opportunities?) and once a picker stopped by my workstation to get a box and he was responding in person to an aisle auditor who was asking him to initial/sign on an audit and the picker was agitated and upset with auditor/audit and blatantly kept saying he won't sign it - negative energy in the company - they care too much about KPI numbers and error statistics (extreme micromanagement) and less about keeping the workers happy so depending on your perspective, outlook and personality you may (or would) not want to work here long-term (their turnovers are kind of shocking) - they only offer a 1.9% annual hourly rate raise - not good - Milton location isn't as good as the previous Brampton location was (certainly the Milton warehouse is much larger but not fully completed when I was told to commute there - not good) and at least 1 coworker was dismayed about having to commute a lot from Brampton (home) to Milton everyday and said he would rather find a job in Brampton like every -

Pros

holiday or rare free lunches and December profit-sharing bonus

Cons

being intimidated (not asked) into working overtime or stat. holiday, etc.

Good Compensation, No Work Life Balance

Uline takes care of its employees while at work and provides generous compensation. If you thrive in long stressful work days, this place is for you.

Jobs at Uline

See more jobs

Terrible place to work.

Pay is great but the management is awful - they lie and pick favourites. Very high pressure environment … most people are overworked and just drive around aimlessly like a bunch of robots. Morale is pretty low amongst the staff with very high turn-around

Pros

co-workers are great

Cons

little recognition or praise from managers

Avoid sales account manager position

Worst sales managers. Harassment and bullying tactics. Army style management. Sales program is good. But managers use this at their own benefit to talk down to employees and vent their personal aggression.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Very long unpaid hours if you are salaried.

Was not considered after I answered that I would accept working 50 hours per week

They continually post jobs that aren't even available to fish management types in for lower roles. Got the strong impression that you are expected to work 65+ hours a week. The money isn't so great when they own you for that much time. Company needs to staff so they can give their employees a work life balance not grind them into dust

Be wary, and do not expect fairness!

Managers sit. Subordinates work. Little opportunity for career growth. Fair pay and benefits, but that is all that will be seen here for you. Careful, management is always looking out to find your mishaps and use them against you shortly thereafter. The teams I feel most apathetic to, are the facilities team. Them and the IT team take on so much work for very little career growth to operate the business. Management in those positions is well embedded. Expected overtime, perhaps that is good, but do not expect any accommodation for any of your personal life engagements. Oh and the winter storms in Canada of 2018? We were expected to come in to the north-western recess' of Milton. Or to use your precious vacation days. Choose one. The advice: Bring snow pants to work!

Pros

Pay, Up To 5% Bonus for RRSP

Cons

Overtime, Management is always looking!

Expected overtime

There is expected overtime every day and expect you to work one weekend a month. Pay is good, benefits are good. Stay until the job is done. Micro-mangement

Pros

Profit sharing. Some event monthly

Cons

Long hours. Every day. Too many managers

Worst workplace environment

If you enjoy being micro managed on every little detail then this is the place for you. There is no incentive to improve so be prepared to be stuck in the same endless loop of customer service drudgery and repression until you can't take it anymore and quit. This goes equally for the warehouse area I heard. You could do 1000 things above expectations and there is no reward or thank you but you make one small mistake they are all over you like you are the worst employee in the world. I have never dreaded going to work as much as I did at this place.

Pros

Pay and benefits were decent

Cons

Management, work culture, hours

Harassment and mental abuse of employees.

Managements over inflated egos supersedes Health and Safety in the company. General employees are mistreated, put down, discriminated and threatened with dismissal. Management style is to keep employees in fear and under constant stress no decision management makes can be questioned even if its a Health hazard. Health and Safety is violated by Management on weekly basis and employees are endangered constantly but if any concerns are raised to management, threats of dismissal or dismissal would follow. Company ways are unethical and deceitful, hourly rate advertised is never the rate offered. 6 month bonus isn't a bonus but a part of profit sharing that everyone receives, so instead of receiving it in full at the end of the year, new employee would receive $1000 after 6 month and another $1000 after a year therefore not getting the profit sharing bonus that all the rest of the employees get. Avoid this company at all cost. There is a reason why job posting never goes down.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

To many to mention.

company review

Will not hire you despite the fact they always advertise. Some people there are friendly. Why do they advertise if they won't hire.

Pros

Cons

low hiring high advertising

Stressful Workplace!

By reading all the below reviews i couldn't agree more. If you are good at sucking up with the management like go golfing with the branch manager or constantly telling senior management they are "awesome" will get you everywhere here! Its sad to see so many co-workers unhappy considering how they have been treated. And yes management has their favorites. Moral of the story: Its not worth all those tests and barrage of interviews...Stay Away!!

Benefits

Cons

Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement