Uline
Information from Uline:

Uline Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Good Compensation, No Work Life Balance
Uline takes care of its employees while at work and provides generous compensation. If you thrive in long stressful work days, this place is for you.
Worst policies
Falls promises until they require you for a role . Regardless of your good performance or hard work , they will only listen to what their boss orders them for your future . People work in very stressful environment with no management support.
No work/life balance
Uline paints a great picture and a perfect culture but it is far from the truth. They care more about sales than they do you. They control every aspect of your day and if certain metrics aren't met they aren't afraid to tell you.
Incompetent HR and a lot of promises from management
First of all this company is very incompetent with there interview process. If you are applying for a warehouse associate, you need to catch a bullet for them and if they don’t like you ( it’s because they have to ask (USA for approval) they will let you suffer and pretty much you start digging for your own grave. And you end up losing your life( opportunities) don’t let this company fool you. They won’t hire you if and you pretty much wait for months to get offer. I have more to say but
Great Staff
Work can be repetitive, very clean and organized corporation! They do their best in promoting a fair work life balance with many employee appreciation events.
Very poor culture/awful management
Discriminatory and racist ownership who treat their employees very unfairly. Negative work culture with zero work life balance. Extremely micromanaging. Awful place to work.
Uline is not for everyone. You are micromanaged at every level. It is a great place to work for people that don't mind being micro managed at that level. Their pay is way above the industry average to make up for their backward way of running a business.
Terrible company
Management treats the employees like absolute garbage! No respect from management to the employees! I wonder how some of them even got jobs they know nothing about the job, only that they have some piece of paper from university that says they should know what they are doing... classless organization and working there will put you in your grave faster than anywhere else!
Intense and physically demanding
Very fast paced and physically demanding job. During the training process everyone is very supportive and friendly.
Big focus on hitting personal targets or production, working past regular end times is almost daily but usually only 15 minutes to half an hour.

Expected to work one weekend day a month and 2 holidays total over the year but having come out of retail this is nothing new to me.

Everything was explained clearly in the, lengthy, interview process.

Great place to work if you like being busy and don’t mind working a little extra
Terrible place to work.
Pay is great but the management is awful - they lie and pick favourites. Very high pressure environment … most people are overworked and just drive around aimlessly like a bunch of robots. Morale is pretty low amongst the staff with very high turn-around
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
little recognition or praise from managers
Avoid sales account manager position
Worst sales managers. Harassment and bullying tactics. Army style management. Sales program is good. But managers use this at their own benefit to talk down to employees and vent their personal aggression.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long unpaid hours if you are salaried.
Do NOT work here as a temporary employee
I was hired as a temporary employee here at Uline and was put into the freight department with little training, obviously not enough to provide significant help to the department. Temporary employees apply and quit so often that I was then forced to train a new employee every few days and this made the job significantly difficult. I reached out to management to train employees before sending them to work, but they were no help. I also used to stay overtime for overtime pay, but they quickly shut that down due to the fact that they didn't want that money coming out of their pocket. I was then released due to my demands for management to train their temporary employees better. Environment is relatively positive with many nice guys working there, but if you're a dummy willing to do any type of work for $19/hr at a temporary position, Uline is for you!
Pros
Sometimes they provide free lunches
Cons
Temporary workers are openly the lowest regarded employees.
Was not considered after I answered that I would accept working 50 hours per week
They continually post jobs that aren't even available to fish management types in for lower roles. Got the strong impression that you are expected to work 65+ hours a week. The money isn't so great when they own you for that much time. Company needs to staff so they can give their employees a work life balance not grind them into dust
Felt like working in a prison
Everyone there and not just the managers watch your every move waiting for you to do even the smallest things wrong. I was a custodian there and I completed my list of tasks every single day. One of my coworkers noticed a shelf at the back of the warehouse that had some dust on it once and a week later they let me go. The reason they gave for my termination was that I wasn't loading trucks fast enough which was not even close to being my job in the first place. Was I a perfect employee? Probably not but they do expect perfection so if you do want to go in for a couple of paychecks it'll probably happen but don't expect much more than that.
Pros
They did actually pay me.
Cons
The oppressive atmosphere
Not enough hours given and everyone is part time
company hires more casual and part time . full time is rare .. that is why there's a lot of turnaround you never truly get a full time gig or get called for shifts
Be wary, and do not expect fairness!
Managers sit. Subordinates work. Little opportunity for career growth. Fair pay and benefits, but that is all that will be seen here for you.

Careful, management is always looking out to find your mishaps and use them against you shortly thereafter.

The teams I feel most apathetic to, are the facilities team. Them and the IT team take on so much work for very little career growth to operate the business. Management in those positions is well embedded.

Expected overtime, perhaps that is good, but do not expect any accommodation for any of your personal life engagements.

Oh and the winter storms in Canada of 2018? We were expected to come in to the north-western recess' of Milton. Or to use your precious vacation days. Choose one. The advice: Bring snow pants to work!
Pros
Pay, Up To 5% Bonus for RRSP
Cons
Overtime, Management is always looking!
Expected overtime
There is expected overtime every day and expect you to work one weekend a month. Pay is good, benefits are good. Stay until the job is done. Micro-mangement
Pros
Profit sharing. Some event monthly
Cons
Long hours. Every day. Too many managers
Worst workplace environment
If you enjoy being micro managed on every little detail then this is the place for you. There is no incentive to improve so be prepared to be stuck in the same endless loop of customer service drudgery and repression until you can't take it anymore and quit. This goes equally for the warehouse area I heard. You could do 1000 things above expectations and there is no reward or thank you but you make one small mistake they are all over you like you are the worst employee in the world. I have never dreaded going to work as much as I did at this place.
Pros
Pay and benefits were decent
Cons
Management, work culture, hours
Great Benefits/long hours
Great place to work from a pay and benefit standpoint. Does not have a good Work/Life balance though. Great team atmosphere and great management that are supportive.
Misleading don't waste your time
Misleading takes advantages of circumstance of some many people unemployed then discriminate, of who gets hired or not.
Have a high turn over interviewing. Maybe cause they get kickback from the tax systems.

I red flag this company just on one interview, something shady about this company, not your average norm.
Don't bother applying
Cult like atmosphere
They dress you up like a supermarket cashier if you're a temporary worker.

Backward policies and rules.

You get one 1 hour break no matter if you work 8 hours or 12 hours.

Place is ridiculous.

Don't even bother pursuing a job here.
Pros
clean warehouse
Cons
everything else