Uline

Uline Employee Reviews

Uline takes care of its employees while at work and provides generous compensation. If you thrive in long stressful work days, this place is for you.
while the pay may be good, for me its not worth it, u have to lift over 300lbs repetitively all day ,this job have giving me back pain and its very stressful the supervisor and manager walk around and pass order's in a very rude way, I was struggling to lift this box into the skid while the supervisor was right there and instead of helping me he says come on put it on the skir faster, immediately I told him to f off and I quit....DO NOT WORK HERE ITS PURE SLAVER, thats why 90% of their workers are immigrants because the immigrants have no choice..what a sad and depressing place... of did I mention its1 hour break in a 12 and half hour shift
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, short breaks, bossy and mean manager's
Even running at 100% efficiency is not enough for management. Their goals and expectations are highly unrealistic. Creates a toxic work environment....
Pros
Year end bonus
Cons
Everything else
Terrible work atmosphere. High pressure. Started out pretty good, but then once they get you in, they take everything away from you. Tell you that as a family run company they support families, not true. There is no Job Work/Life Balance to speak of. Very little chance to move up or get a promotion, even though they are a “growing” company, only looking for minions to do and say as they are told. They pay slightly higher then normal, which is about the only positive thing about them.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Dictator like Leadership and Management
- best part about working here is the money they offer (mainly the profit-sharing bonus) - but after the first time it becomes less thrilling - after 1 year (full-time) they only award you an unremarkable key-chain instead of something more useful like a gift-card for gas/groceries - at times they don't "ask you" to work longer or work a stat. holiday - they try to intimidate and slightly harass (not exactly motivate) which I found unwelcome/inappropriate - one day a bright co-worker (management trainee) told me that in this warehouse it's just picking and packing and what else (what advancement opportunities?) and once a picker stopped by my workstation to get a box and he was responding in person to an aisle auditor who was asking him to initial/sign on an audit and the picker was agitated and upset with auditor/audit and blatantly kept saying he won't sign it - negative energy in the company - they care too much about KPI numbers and error statistics (extreme micromanagement) and less about keeping the workers happy so depending on your perspective, outlook and personality you may (or would) not want to work here long-term (their turnovers are kind of shocking) - they only offer a 1.9% annual hourly rate raise - not good - Milton location isn't as good as the previous Brampton location was (certainly the Milton warehouse is much larger but not fully completed when I was told to commute there - not good) and at least 1 coworker was dismayed about having to commute a lot from Brampton (home) to Milton everyday and said he would rather find a job in Brampton like every - more...
Pros
holiday or rare free lunches and December profit-sharing bonus
Cons
being intimidated (not asked) into working overtime or stat. holiday, etc.
Falls promises until they require you for a role . Regardless of your good performance or hard work , they will only listen to what their boss orders them for your future . People work in very stressful environment with no management support.
Uline paints a great picture and a perfect culture but it is far from the truth. They care more about sales than they do you. They control every aspect of your day and if certain metrics aren't met they aren't afraid to tell you.
First of all this company is very incompetent with there interview process. If you are applying for a warehouse associate, you need to catch a bullet for them and if they don’t like you ( it’s because they have to ask (USA for approval) they will let you suffer and pretty much you start digging for your own grave. And you end up losing your life( opportunities) don’t let this company fool you. They won’t hire you if and you pretty much wait for months to get offer. I have more to say but
Work can be repetitive, very clean and organized corporation! They do their best in promoting a fair work life balance with many employee appreciation events.
Discriminatory and racist ownership who treat their employees very unfairly. Negative work culture with zero work life balance. Extremely micromanaging. Awful place to work.
Uline is not for everyone. You are micromanaged at every level. It is a great place to work for people that don't mind being micro managed at that level. Their pay is way above the industry average to make up for their backward way of running a business.
Management treats the employees like absolute garbage! No respect from management to the employees! I wonder how some of them even got jobs they know nothing about the job, only that they have some piece of paper from university that says they should know what they are doing... classless organization and working there will put you in your grave faster than anywhere else!
Very fast paced and physically demanding job. During the training process everyone is very supportive and friendly. Big focus on hitting personal targets or production, working past regular end times is almost daily but usually only 15 minutes to half an hour. Expected to work one weekend day a month and 2 holidays total over the year but having come out of retail this is nothing new to me. Everything was explained clearly in the, lengthy, interview process. Great place to work if you like being busy and don’t mind working a little extra
Pay is great but the management is awful - they lie and pick favourites. Very high pressure environment … most people are overworked and just drive around aimlessly like a bunch of robots. Morale is pretty low amongst the staff with very high turn-around
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
little recognition or praise from managers
Worst sales managers. Harassment and bullying tactics. Army style management. Sales program is good. But managers use this at their own benefit to talk down to employees and vent their personal aggression.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very long unpaid hours if you are salaried.
I was hired as a temporary employee here at Uline and was put into the freight department with little training, obviously not enough to provide significant help to the department. Temporary employees apply and quit so often that I was then forced to train a new employee every few days and this made the job significantly difficult. I reached out to management to train employees before sending them to work, but they were no help. I also used to stay overtime for overtime pay, but they quickly shut that down due to the fact that they didn't want that money coming out of their pocket. I was then released due to my demands for management to train their temporary employees better. Environment is relatively positive with many nice guys working there, but if you're a dummy willing to do any type of work for $19/hr at a temporary position, Uline is for you!
Pros
Sometimes they provide free lunches
Cons
Temporary workers are openly the lowest regarded employees.
They continually post jobs that aren't even available to fish management types in for lower roles. Got the strong impression that you are expected to work 65+ hours a week. The money isn't so great when they own you for that much time. Company needs to staff so they can give their employees a work life balance not grind them into dust
Everyone there and not just the managers watch your every move waiting for you to do even the smallest things wrong. I was a custodian there and I completed my list of tasks every single day. One of my coworkers noticed a shelf at the back of the warehouse that had some dust on it once and a week later they let me go. The reason they gave for my termination was that I wasn't loading trucks fast enough which was not even close to being my job in the first place. Was I a perfect employee? Probably not but they do expect perfection so if you do want to go in for a couple of paychecks it'll probably happen but don't expect much more than that.
Pros
They did actually pay me.
Cons
The oppressive atmosphere
company hires more casual and part time . full time is rare .. that is why there's a lot of turnaround you never truly get a full time gig or get called for shifts
Managers sit. Subordinates work. Little opportunity for career growth. Fair pay and benefits, but that is all that will be seen here for you. Careful, management is always looking out to find your mishaps and use them against you shortly thereafter. The teams I feel most apathetic to, are the facilities team. Them and the IT team take on so much work for very little career growth to operate the business. Management in those positions is well embedded. Expected overtime, perhaps that is good, but do not expect any accommodation for any of your personal life engagements. Oh and the winter storms in Canada of 2018? We were expected to come in to the north-western recess' of Milton. Or to use your precious vacation days. Choose one. The advice: Bring snow pants to work!
Pros
Pay, Up To 5% Bonus for RRSP
Cons
Overtime, Management is always looking!
There is expected overtime every day and expect you to work one weekend a month. Pay is good, benefits are good. Stay until the job is done. Micro-mangement
Pros
Profit sharing. Some event monthly
Cons
Long hours. Every day. Too many managers
  1. Employee reviews