Uline logo
Uline
Happiness score is 31 out of 100Low

Uline Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for hardworking individuals who want to start a career with a growing company.

I have been at Uline for close to 4 years and am very happy that I applied when I did. As a growing branch there have been many opportunities to learn new skills and further my career. I have been lucky enough to move into many different roles to assist with our growth. Not everyone will move as quickly through the roles but there will be more opportunities that open up. The work is fast paced and everyone is held accountable for their production/accuracy which means you are expected to give your best everyday. If you are not meeting expectations there will be follow up and coaching. Due to our continued growth and unpredictable times, there is the need to work overtime to get customers their orders on time. Management works to try and get everyone home on time but there will be days when overtime is expected. Uline expects a lot out of their employees but they return hard work with higher wages and benefits. The team in Edmonton is great to work with and with a new building opening later this year, this is a perfect time to join the team.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, opportunities for advancement and learning, fast paced, hold employees accountable, very clean and organized.

Cons

Regular shift hours can be difficult or unusual for some, continued growth and unpredictable workload can lead to longer days, work can be repetitive and physically demanding.

Industry leading pay/benefits with incredible mentors

Pros:The People- Every employee and manager I've worked with at Uline is incredibly kind and open to having conversations regardless of their position. During onboarding and training they have a mentorship program that allows you to work and train with a tenured mentor. The mentor genuinely cares about your well being and I still go to them for questions and advice. The Pay- Entry level positions are above industry average pay with competitive benefits and a great profit sharing annual bonus that is provided to all employees. The Position- Due to the wide breadth of customers Uline supplies products to, every day is wildly different. I've never had a boring day as we are empowered to deal with virtually all situations brought to our attention. This allows you to work with the customer to find the right solution and is incredibly fulfilling as you often work with small businesses.Cons:Location- The branch has a large warehouse that our products are shipped from, so it is located in Milton to be able to accommodate the space. This can be difficult for commuters who do not have access to their own car.

Well managed company and treat employees well. Great place to work.

Very well managed company treats their employees well.Uline recognize the unique value in every individual and provides equal opportunity in terms of growth.Uline has very strong value in terms of making a positive contribution to their employees, customers & vendors.Excellent pay, benefits and competitive bonus.Great culture, enthusiastic managers and motivating environment.Provides internal growth internal opportunity.Able to manage workload independently.Overall a great company with all the positives to work with.

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits & competitive bonus.

Cons

You need to have a car since transportation is not easy in bus.

Good Pay, Good People.

Customer Service Team is A+. Caring, collaborative and constantly learning and developing. Fast paced, but a good customer base, easy tools, excellent training and a very supporting environment.

Pros

Good pay, clean environment, good customers, family owned business.

Cult-like culture

Get ready for some serious cult-like mentality as you go through your first interview. First, they sit about 50 people on plastic chairs and long tables setup in the warehouse floor. Then you go through some exercises to show that you know how to count and how fast you can process information (some 10 pages of numbers that you need to add and multiply). Then they sit you with the same 50 people in front of 10 recruiters, no privacy, all done in the open, in front of everyone, right on the floor of their warehouse. The interview starts with a 10 minutes schpeal with them praising how great their company is and how they expect people to give their 100% to grow within. The person who interviewed me had absolutely no idea what position I had applied for, nor were they able to explain what I would be doing on a day-to-day basis (I mean, it’s a sales position, it shouldn’t be hard to explain). From there it really went downhill as they started asking very personal questions such as: if I had children and what were my salary expectations. It became really uncomfortable so I thanked the recruiter for their time and walked out of the interview.

Pros

If you like working for nut jobs, this is the place for you

Cons

Employees are expendable

Not worth the money

They call themselves a family oriented company but they only care about the Uihlien family, not your! Mandatory 10 hour days plus weekends! They have 4 job fairs a week plus radio ads for almost 2 years and are still not staffed. Their is no work life balance. The human resource department does not care about their staff. Its micro managed like no employer I have ever worked for. They work you until you are injured and then use it against you during your review. Tenure means nothing. Even though they pay a lot turnover rate is still through the roof. I do not recommend!!!

Pros

salary

Cons

mandatory over time, physically draining, stressful, toxic work environment

Horrible company

This company is terrible. It’s almost as though they have gone out of their way to foster a poor image for themselves. They have a notorious reputation online as a company that advertises multiple positions and even hiring events, yet I’ve never met anyone has actually been invited to go to their hiring event! Very poor behaviour. I write this as a heads up for people looking to apply, not to slander this company.

dont work here. ever.not worth your time or mental health. they do not care about you at all.they only care about numbers and money. you can be the absolute best and they willl still treat you like trash,

Never really hiring

Even though they keep posting jobs adds it seems they never hire. I know lots of people applied there (with lots of experience and less experience) for different positions. They all got the same answer: NOT QUALIFIED/ NOT HIRING. Are they only collecting our data?

Productive, Supportive and Rewarding company to work for.

Working at Uline has provided me with challenging and rewarding work opportunities. Being a family owned business, the company truly values their employees as their most valuable assets. There is a strong culture of teamwork and excellence that offers support at all levels of the organization. There are constant opportunities for training and enhancing skills. The management team is very transparent in communicating that they want every member of the team to be successful and they back this up by providing constant feedback and positive reinforcement. Every other month there is some sort of employee appreciation offering like cupcakes, hot chocolate and donuts or other unexpected treats. This is a great company to work for.

Pros

Support, Training and teamwork

Jobs at Uline

See more jobs

Very Organized and efficient working environment with good pay

I have recently joined the ULINE team. The company provides great benefits, and the work environment is clean and safe. They go above and beyond to ensure employees' well being and safety. Team work is truly valued at ULINE and professional training is provided. The company provides great management feedback and compensation. A good company to join, would recommend.

Pros

Compensation

Very hard tasking

I was interviewed for a Packer position and wasn’t given that on top of getting the worst position available with my experience they didn’t treat you well at all. Everyday you feel pressured to overwork you body for a very poorly regulated shipping line onto the UPS Trucks. Wouldn’t recommend anyone working that position as they try to put you as low as possible so you can’t move anywhere else. Very horrible place to work!!!

Terrible.

If you want to give up your life for micromanaged, toxic warehouse work, then this is the place for you!!!! Upper management is horrible, they only care about money and numbers. Pretend to care about the actual human beings that work for them. Nothing you ever do for this company will be good enough. They will be nice to your face and then turn around and stab you in the back and make everything seem like it’s your fault. Do not work here

Great pay, horrible culture

I worked at Uline in Edmonton for about a year and a half. When I applied, I was a 32 year old with warehouse supervisor and department managing experience. They called for an interview, and when I arrived the day of, I was brought into a room with approx. 20 other people. We filled out 2 simple math tests, and then everyone received a verbal one-on-one interview. I was the only one from my group to be hired, and staff told me nobody had been hired for months before me. I later found out if you don’t hit the minimum score on their tests, you get an interview with a regular warehouse employee that can’t hire you. The ad said up to $30/hour, so I requested that when I met with the branch manager and he laughed and said “we just put that in the ad to get people in the door”. At my end of year review I was told I had the best order picking stats in the branch (they keep track of all your stats, errors, etc) and I received a raise of less than a dollar for it. They sent me to their Toronto branch to train for a promotion to a dept manager; and when I got back to Edmonton they told me I would be running the night shift without asking me if I could work that schedule. When I refused, they said that was why they sent me for training, and I told them if I knew it was for a night shift I wouldn’t have gone. My final straw before I quit was that every year, all the branches make their employees film scenes from popular movies, but with the employees pretending to be the owners of the company. They then make staff stay late to watch all the branches videos (you are paid for it, -

Pros

Above average warehouse pay, very clean warehouse

Cons

Mandatory OT, cult like culture, management that doesn’t care about or listen to their staff. Plus you have to film weird movies.

Work u like a slave

while the pay may be good, for me its not worth it, u have to lift over 300lbs repetitively all day ,this job have giving me back pain and its very stressful the supervisor and manager walk around and pass order's in a very rude way, I was struggling to lift this box into the skid while the supervisor was right there and instead of helping me he says come on put it on the skir faster, immediately I told him to f off and I quit....DO NOT WORK HERE ITS PURE SLAVER, thats why 90% of their workers are immigrants because the immigrants have no choice..what a sad and depressing place... of did I mention its1 hour break in a 12 and half hour shift

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, short breaks, bossy and mean manager's

No work/life balance

Even running at 100% efficiency is not enough for management. Their goals and expectations are highly unrealistic. Creates a toxic work environment....

Pros

Year end bonus

Cons

Everything else

toxic totalitarian culture

Terrible work atmosphere. High pressure. Started out pretty good, but then once they get you in, they take everything away from you. Tell you that as a family run company they support families, not true. There is no Job Work/Life Balance to speak of. Very little chance to move up or get a promotion, even though they are a “growing” company, only looking for minions to do and say as they are told. They pay slightly higher then normal, which is about the only positive thing about them.

Pros

Occasional free lunch

Cons

Dictator like Leadership and Management

Pretty good money (after 1 year) but you might want to leave

- best part about working here is the money they offer (mainly the profit-sharing bonus) - but after the first time it becomes less thrilling - after 1 year (full-time) they only award you an unremarkable key-chain instead of something more useful like a gift-card for gas/groceries - at times they don't "ask you" to work longer or work a stat. holiday - they try to intimidate and slightly harass (not exactly motivate) which I found unwelcome/inappropriate - one day a bright co-worker (management trainee) told me that in this warehouse it's just picking and packing and what else (what advancement opportunities?) and once a picker stopped by my workstation to get a box and he was responding in person to an aisle auditor who was asking him to initial/sign on an audit and the picker was agitated and upset with auditor/audit and blatantly kept saying he won't sign it - negative energy in the company - they care too much about KPI numbers and error statistics (extreme micromanagement) and less about keeping the workers happy so depending on your perspective, outlook and personality you may (or would) not want to work here long-term (their turnovers are kind of shocking) - they only offer a 1.9% annual hourly rate raise - not good - Milton location isn't as good as the previous Brampton location was (certainly the Milton warehouse is much larger but not fully completed when I was told to commute there - not good) and at least 1 coworker was dismayed about having to commute a lot from Brampton (home) to Milton everyday and said he would rather find a job in Brampton like every -

Pros

holiday or rare free lunches and December profit-sharing bonus

Cons

being intimidated (not asked) into working overtime or stat. holiday, etc.

Worst policies

Falls promises until they require you for a role . Regardless of your good performance or hard work , they will only listen to what their boss orders them for your future . People work in very stressful environment with no management support.

No work/life balance

Uline paints a great picture and a perfect culture but it is far from the truth. They care more about sales than they do you. They control every aspect of your day and if certain metrics aren't met they aren't afraid to tell you.

Incompetent HR and a lot of promises from management

First of all this company is very incompetent with there interview process. If you are applying for a warehouse associate, you need to catch a bullet for them and if they don’t like you ( it’s because they have to ask (USA for approval) they will let you suffer and pretty much you start digging for your own grave. And you end up losing your life( opportunities) don’t let this company fool you. They won’t hire you if and you pretty much wait for months to get offer. I have more to say but

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement