Ukrainian Canadian CAre Centre

Ukrainian Canadian CAre Centre Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Nice and efficient
It really is a nice place where workers as well as individuals are treated with maximum respect, patience and integrity. I am glad to have had the experience of working in such a free flowing environment.
Fun to work
Nice and very clean to work.
Employer and all staff in all areas of the facility are considerate and very aware of implementing costumers service. Respectful ,helpful,and cooperative at all times.
The best place to work in Ontario
An Excellent place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Clean and well organized place. Great care are being provided for residents. Management very supportive, staff very caring. Beautiful building, well maintained, spacious. I believe it is the the best place to work in Toronto area. Everyone very polite and respectful.Pleasant workplace culture.
People are very responsible and attentive. Very safe place to work. Located in a beautiful setting. Staff have plenty to supplies and tools to for their work. Great and safe equipment. The most enjoable part of my job is knowing at the end of my day that all residents remain safe in the home. Great place to be open to new challenges. Compassion, patience and respect from front line staff and management.
Pros
Accomodating schedule
Cons
Passionate families
N/a
There was a hard time working with the Ukrainian staff regarding their own language using in the work place. In addition, the colleague should be more friendly and supportive.
Workplace

Nice client

Nice family

Good salary

Good
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Language barrier
Productive and well organized
Lots of paperwork to do, keeping everything filed neatly, learn new programs for Nutrition Management on the computer, friendly staff. Hardest part was learning all the residents needs and making sure everything was correct on file.
i love it
very nice place to work, very friendly and professional. well organised and everyone is willing to help and teach you. the preceptors are great and very sincere in their job.
Pros
love it
Cons
nothing negative to say
not the best place to work
No support from management team. Heavy overload work. Shortage of PSW,meaning splitting assignments and care 12 residents in 8 hours shift. not recommending UCCC as a good work place.
Pros
good experience
Cons
shortage PSW meaning overload work 12 residents per PSW
nice workplace
I learned a lot of things from my work place.I know how to give proper care for abed riden client. I have previous experience as a care giver in England
productive place
you can learn how to work fast
learn different culture & meet nice people

good to start there good team work an a lot of work there

short time for task a lot of fill up computer work
An exempliary place to work
I really enjoyed my placement at this home. I was so involved with my residents that the day went so fast there was absolutely no time to be bored. I have learned that the people in Long-term-care needs extra love and tender care to make them feel comfortable and happy.
Some of my coworkers were always ready to help and assist where necessary. I find though that some of the casual workers were very mean.The hardest part of that job was to get 8 people ready for breakfast by 8:30 am but the challenge helped to bring out the best in an individual who wants to learn. The most enjoyable part was to have residents who were happy.
productive
Having my placement at Ukrainian Canadian care was the best experience, Learnt a lot gained more courage when dealing with my clients. My co-worker was so helpful since she made everything she taught me was clear, The most enjoyable part of job was being there on time to take care of them which I love the most
work experience is excellent
Working at this company was a very great experience. i have learned a lot of how to communicate with elderly people. How to be patience in dealing with elderly.
Quiet and home-like setting with a passion for quality care
A typical day at work included assisting the elders with daily routines such as bringing them down for their meals, to the lounge and for their daily activities. I also assisted with the fund-raising events and with the publication of the monthly newsletter.
My boss and colleagues were very respectful and overall really nice. I enjoyed all of my co-workers' company and I had fun learning with them about the Ukrainian customs, traditions and language.
Pros
Short hours, pleasant people, close distance
Cons
N/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ukrainian Canadian CAre Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4