Ukrainian Canadian CAre Centre Employee Reviews

4.4Pay & Benefits
i love it
Personal Support Worker (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
very nice place to work, very friendly and professional. well organised and everyone is willing to help and teach you. the preceptors are great and very sincere in their job.
Pros
love it
Cons
nothing negative to say
not the best place to work
PSW (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 September 2018
No support from management team. Heavy overload work. Shortage of PSW,meaning splitting assignments and care 12 residents in 8 hours shift. not recommending UCCC as a good work place.
Pros
good experience
Cons
shortage PSW meaning overload work 12 residents per PSW
nice workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 August 2018
I learned a lot of things from my work place.I know how to give proper care for abed riden client. I have previous experience as a care giver in England
productive place
PSW (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 November 2017
you can learn how to work fast
learn different culture & meet nice people
good to start there good team work an a lot of work there
short time for task a lot of fill up computer work
An exempliary place to work
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
I really enjoyed my placement at this home. I was so involved with my residents that the day went so fast there was absolutely no time to be bored. I have learned that the people in Long-term-care needs extra love and tender care to make them feel comfortable and happy.
Some of my coworkers were always ready to help and assist where necessary. I find though that some of the casual workers were very mean.The hardest part of that job was to get 8 people ready for breakfast by 8:30 am but the challenge helped to bring out the best in an individual who wants to learn. The most enjoyable part was to have residents who were happy.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 November 2016
Having my placement at Ukrainian Canadian care was the best experience, Learnt a lot gained more courage when dealing with my clients. My co-worker was so helpful since she made everything she taught me was clear, The most enjoyable part of job was being there on time to take care of them which I love the most
work experience is excellent
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2014
Working at this company was a very great experience. i have learned a lot of how to communicate with elderly people. How to be patience in dealing with elderly.
Quiet and home-like setting with a passion for quality care
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2014
A typical day at work included assisting the elders with daily routines such as bringing them down for their meals, to the lounge and for their daily activities. I also assisted with the fund-raising events and with the publication of the monthly newsletter.
My boss and colleagues were very respectful and overall really nice. I enjoyed all of my co-workers' company and I had fun learning with them about the Ukrainian customs, traditions and language.
Pros
Short hours, pleasant people, close distance
Cons
N/a