Uber

3.2Pay & benefits

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,217 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Was a great opportunity

Overall, I enjoyed working for Uber ATG. Unfortunately there was some mismanagement, poorly executed ideas and misguided goals/milestones. The company culture was fun and inviting, and the other employees were friendly as a whole. The company would be much stronger if they had a better QA process to ensure that everyone is doing their job to company standards, without micromanaging.

Pros

Unbeatable benefits, catered lunches, generous PTO

Cons

Mismanagement, little room for growth

communication with different types of people with different culture.

uber is a very good place to work for students. As a driver you make your own hours. When you need to study a lot, you can stay away from driving. when you have time, you can work 12 hours a day.

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great Place.

I loved Uber ATG. Wish they were still operating in my city. The best job I've ever had period! There was never a dull moment and everyone was treated fairly.

Pros

Free lunches, great benefits, excellent structure, family environment, very high upper mobility rate.

Cons

None. It's the perfect place to work.

Great Place

Was a great place to work. Managers cared about you, and so did your fellow workers. If you enjoy driverless technology then this is the place for you.

Pros

Free meals, snacks, drinks

Cons

Some of the other people

When Technology Goes Wrong Employees Suffer

Uber had a great atmosphere that treated people like adults and allowed autonomy without the stress of hitting a goal per se. Its technologies group was a budding department until too many errors led to the shutdown of its Tempe branch. I think it is poor taste that Uber did not offer its employees new jobs within the company and within the state. There were colleagues of mine who had just moved from across the country-- some from across the globe to work toward the future of transportation and technology. Their work, their livelihoods were crushed by this company.

Pros

Great Benefits and Atmosphere

Cons

Short Longevity

One of the best companies I have worked for

I enjoyed working with the best people around as well as furthering emerging technologies. They gave me an opportunity that aspired me to be at my best. Be aware I was not rideshare driver. I was a autonomous vehicle operator.

Pros

Free lunches, good benefits, excellent work culture

Cons

long delays when applying for positions

Fun

The best company I have ever worked for. Pay, atmosphere and the people were amazing and easy to work with. I looked forward to work every day. Benefits were awesome as well

Hated to see our office close

I joined the team at Uber that was developing autonomous vehicle technology and enjoyed the fast-paced, if ironically, sometimes boring experience. The position, like so many others, was a mix of hurry up and wait, alternating with moments requiring intense attention. I will say that Uber proved to be the best company I ever had the pleasure of working for. The only downside was that we held the riskiest positions at Uber. Most people can go to work and have a bad day and life continues on as normal. Driving an experimental vehicle meant that you could come to work and have a bad day, ending your career, so there could be considerable stress associated with the position. In the end, our office closed and I lost my position when another driver on a different team and shift, hit a pedestrian on my day off.

Pros

Free lunch and snacks, excellent benefits on day 1, uber credits, 1 family personal day per month

Cons

Extremely risky position

Best Job I Ever Had!

Uber really took care of its employee's we always had a fun and happy environment to go to and it was clean. we were responsible for a lot and it could be stressful at times but never to the point of not being able to deal with it.

Pros

Free Snacks

Cons

only a half hour lunch (seriously the only con I could think of)

Best job ever

Interesting and sometimes challenging work, excellent benefits and a real esprit de corps made Uber ATG the best company I have ever had the pleasure to work for, I'd happily return. The severance package was unheard of these days making for a very soft landing.

Pros

Catered lunch, eats credits, fantastic benefits

Cons

High risk position

Great work environment

Working for Uber ATG was great. From pay, to perks, to medical benefits it was the best job I had. Unfortunately they closed operations and we were all laid off. The best job I had and sad to see it go.

Pros

Free lunch, free snacks, great medical benefits, Uber credits and discounts

Cons

Short lunches, company communication was lacking, program shut down in AZ

Uber work review

I have really nothing bad to say about my experience at Uber. The pay was competitive and benefits were excellent. I had fun everyday I was there. It has been rough to leave this job.

Amazing place to work

I love working at Uber ATG and if given the opportunity would even relocate to continue working there; it is an amazing and fun place to work, and the people that you meet and work with will make you welcome and excited to show up to work.

Pros

catered food, snacks, drinks, great work environment, amazing benefits.

Cons

limited ability to discuss what you do outside of work.

Great Place To Work

Awesome company to work for, the compensation is great along with the benefits; health care is reasonable, free lunch and dinner according to your shift. As with any company, there are areas to be improved. There are long hours (10 hour days, rotational off days) Uber being a young company has a lot of growing to do. Consistency with communication and policy is its biggest challenge at the moment. However, overall, Uber has a great culture and a safe bet if you are looking for a change and willing to go with the growing pains. I love what I do and the people I work with!

Pros

Free lunch/dinner, gym reimbursements, generous PTO, compensation and benefits

Cons

Longer work days, inconsistent leadership and policies within departments

operations treated as second class citizens

New and developing management and job perfomance made it almost impossible to determine if an operator was doing their job in a good way or not. Under constant fear of loosing your job and having to lie to the public not only about the capabilities of the vehicle but the culture of the organization as a whole.

Pros

catered meals, free snacks, good medical benefits

Cons

poor communication, lack of upward mobility, management says one thing then acts the opposite

Great perks. Terrible communication.

Exciting field on the cutting edge of technology but terrible communication on all fronts. For weeks after I started working I had no idea what was expected of me, what my duties were, what my work hours were, or even what state I'd be working in. I was assigned to very simple work for several months which has it's advantages in its own way, but was overall highly dissatisfying because I stopped learning anything and it was just very boring. I applied for a position internally and never heard anything about it for months until I found out my application had been rejected.

Pros

Free lunches, good benefits, good pay

Cons

Terrible communication, unreliable advancement

Fun work, terrible at communication and planning

The work itself is awesome, the benefits are amazing. Management provides minimal notice for things like schedule changes and interstate travel assignments - sometimes you'll barely have a weekend to adjust to a new time slot, or set up travel to another state to work for 1-4weeks.

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits, awesome technology

Cons

Minimal notice for scheduling changes and travel