Uber
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Uber Employee Reviews for Driver (Independent Contractor)

Driver (Independent Contractor)219 reviews

Found 219 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,398 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Cool

Fun and a lot cool things to see and meet new people. Quick money which is not bad work whenever you want which is amazing see new food resturants learn about the city

Pros

Discount on uber

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?I used to be the best job great payment and money free schedule and financial s cutout. On 2022 is just got so horrible is like working for below minimum wage Unfortunately Uber is not a great business anymore What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Earning and customer services Uber take a huge % and decreasing the payments What is the work environment and culture like at the company?N/A you are partial independent contractor under to manny rules

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Flexible

Working here is extremely fun. You never know how a day will be. the flexibility is a plus for someone who works a second job or has a family. great extra income

Uber is terrible

How is uber unprofitable? Why do they take 60% of the regular fare and must of the surge? Why don't they pay the drivers more? It is an easy job. You just sit and drive. But it is kind of soul sucking because of Uber itself.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with support being dishonest What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Support is dishonestWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Support is dishonest

Uber driving

Driving for Uber was a convenient and easy way to make some side gig money I wouldn't recommend it for a full time job for the simple fact of cost of fuel maintenance on your vehicle as well as cleaning and keeping it tidy from unruly and unjust passengers.

Pros

Convenient

Cons

Poor pay

Well paid and and flexible hours

It was very nice working as an Uber driver. I could work as many hours as I wanted in a shift that fit my schedule. The company pays well and give the needed support.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Maintenance costs

What is the best part of working at the company?Weekly bonuses and flexibility are the best things going for Uber. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Company racism, rude passengers, roads with potholes, and passengers lying to get drivers in trouble. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I drove for the companyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Dealing with some cool people at times and really vile foul people at other times.

What is the best part of working at the company?Driving and visiting different locations, and having interesting conversations with passengers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to communicate with customer service to resolve issues.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The working environment was very good, but dealing with the company was very stressful.

What is the best part of working at the company?Set your own hours What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Going back 5-8 miles to pick someone up when you're trying to go forward.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?N/A - you work alone What is a typical day like for you at the company?I drive 5-6 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the evening.

What is the best part of working at the company?I get to choose my exact schedule and that I get paid when I would like to cash out. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Traffic,people walking and not looking when to walk, drivers not knowing how to drive in the area. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Wouldn't know. Most of it seems like it's just in India. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I work nights. It's the best time to drive since dd should not be happening.

What is the best part of working at the company?Uber let's you work your own hours and there are pretty fresh people most of the time.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?As I recall you know where to pick them up at but not sure where they are going until you get there and they tell you.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment is well developed, and the culture is kinda nonchalant. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I decide what hours of the day work best for me and I try to stay among those hours

What is the best part of working at the company?Freedom to decide own schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Low payDrunk ridersFrustration to reach support What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They do not care about driversWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?12 hours shift

Meh

The amount you get per delivery isn't great and people that don't tip leaves you with nothing. I made only 4 dollars yesterday. Then they send ypu jobs that are far which is a waste of gas.

Good for some quick money but that's it.

I still work here after 5 and a half years because of family circumstances but as soon as I get a work-from-home job I will leave. With fuel costs going up we did get some extra compensation but not enough.

Pros

Quick money

Cons

Not enough compensation; if a rider has a complaint, the driver is at fault or even considered-the support staff treat the driver like garbage.

summary is obvious

At times the earnings are great. Mostly that's on Fridays, nights and weekends. Easy to get burn out. Have to fight to stay motivated. If the pay was a a few bucks more per hour I wouldn't be looking for something else.

Pros

Work when you want. Be your own boss. Great tax write offs.

Cons

A monotonous grind. Paying for gas. Driving in stressful situations/areas.

What is the best part of working at the company?Being able to make my own hours. Plus all the benifits Uber gives you for driving. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You never know the kind of people you could be picking up. I've had my fair share of unpleasant experiences. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very positive, energetic, and motivational. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I start my day by cleaning, sanitizing, and doing daily maintenance on my vehicle. I will fill up on fuel, clean the outside and detail and sanitize the inside. Then I would get everything I will need while working; phone charger, a drink, and music. I begin with loging on to the app. From there I will drive to the hotspots and wait for a ride. Once I get a ride I will confirm the pick up and head in that direction. When I arrive I make sure to park as close to the pick up spot as I can, while making sure it a safe location. I will proceed to notify the client that I have arrived. When the client gets in, I let them know that seat belts are required by law. I would then confirm the drop off. From there, I will fallow all traffic laws and proceed to the drop off. Once we arrive I confirm the location and drop them off.

The People

The Good about working for Uber, is independence of the Job. I have the options to work when I want to and for how long I want to. I also have the options to accept a job or reject it without being in default. I enjoy working for them by meeting new people daily and offering to help them. We have wonderful and Healthy conversations about different subjects, in my vehicle. Now the Bad thing about Uber is sometimes the pay don't match the distance drive. Example to go 4.5-8 miles and you're paid from $4.85 to $8.60. or 22 miles for $16.80. it seems a little off balance, Because the gas and time must account for the distance drive. They must balance out and sometimes it doesn't. Therefore, for me this is a temporary assignment to get my bills paid.

Pros

Independence

Cons

Less pay for the distance drive.

Dead end job for a corporation that doesn’t care about your life at all

Wages keep getting smaller as they take a larger cut with each passing day, support is non existent in the any dangerous event, not worth the wear on your car and a terribly functioning app.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

You won’t make a lot, people judge you for being a driver and you have no social life period.

What is the best part of working at the company?I work my own hours. I'm the boss. No supervisor over my shoulder, yelling and screaming at me.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The other ignorant drivers that cause wrecks or try to cause wrecks.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I enjoy work for myself, so my environment is the way I choose it to be. The culture with Uber is you're 1099, make sure you have a dash cam to record all your riders. Riders will lie to get their ride for free. The dash cam help provide footage from the ride and can be proof if something happens or it something was said. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I got cleaned up, clean the inside of my vehicle, and get a good carwash. Get refreshments: bottled water, gums, and some snacks. I turn on my Uber app. Wait for a ride sometimes is maybe a couples seconds to about 5 minutes. Accept the ride and go get the ride. Comfirm their name and destination. Take the rider to their destination. Get paid.

Very stressful but good networking

It really just depends on how you treat the customers and how clean your car is and follow all the rules. The reality is you are picking up people from all walks of life so you have to maintain your composure and you deal with people that are intoxicated but also deal with very nice people. It's just a lot of wear and tear on a vehicle. It's one of those things if you do it you need to be the best at it or not do it at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Uber with

• Uber
  • Driver (Independent Contractor)