Uber logo
Happiness score is 65 out of 100Average

Uber Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,927 reviews

Working

Working 4-5 hours per day is a cool job. One can start working anytime without asking anywhere. It is easy as delivering the food to customer without any interaction.

Freedom comes with a cost

Uber has a tendency to send trips that has no value. There are trip requests that come in that is a distance which doesn’t compensate your cost. Their point system is very unfair and the goal is to keep you working for them irregardless of your personal expense.

Pros

Set your schedule

Cons

Low financial gain after expenses

Stay away

Uber is a joke , if a customer makes a complaint against you , uber will not discuss the complaint so that you can rectify the issue . Instead they hide behind this confidentiality garbage excuse , you are unable to fix any issues that people complain about , instead uber just lets you go . Doesn't matter if the complaint was a year or more ago if you get more than 1 of the same complaint your done , your expected to hold a average of 8.5 To continue to use the app as a driver but yet they allow customers who have a 4.2 To still use the app as riders, they rip off the drivers by taking 25% off of every trip including deliveries , they pay for absolutely nothing , can't even reach anyone on the phone to discuss issues , they always respond with robotic responses

Pros

Pick your own hours

Cons

No communication, No respect, Uber support is a joke

You can work your own time. You are your own boss. Fun to work with uber.

I enjoy working for uber. It has fun and sometimes challenges as there are some routes take longer to reach destination. I learn from every customer new information. I manage my timing as there are times we need to rest and then go to road for safety for me and my clients. The hardest part of the job when the route is close especially in rush hours and the customer has an appointment to catch so I use customer GPS in case if our GPS cannot tell the quickest way to reach the customer destination or directions from customer because most customers do tell the shortest way if you request them. Most of time Uber GPS works great.

This is a job to combine with other activity

This is a job to combine with other activity like studying, work somewhere else. Is not a place to be for too long full time. Flexibility this is a key word to describe this job, if you need it and you're willing to kill your car then this is place to be.

Too many hours for minimum wage

I worked Uber full rime for 9 months before I gave up and got a real job. The mileage I put on my car plus the hours I had to put in did not yield the profit I had expected. Simply put, this business model should work for everyone in theory except that Uber continues to saturate the market with drivers. This gives customers low wait times but gives drivers low earnings opportunities.

U have to work very long hours to make money Overall it’s a very good option if you have a job and you drive uber part time to supplement your income because by the time you pay for your experience you make below minimum wage

You have to work hard to get good money

Nice place to work you are you Own boss good people I Suggest for every one to work with Uber to make Extra money. But sometimes very few costumes Miss treating you

Interesting, meeting new people

Everyday was a new experience, which made the day's very interesting. I enjoyed travelling to different locations always a new adventure and would highly recomend it for someone who likes to drive.

Working with no boss

excellent job you are your own boss any time you can start and any time you can finish your work there is no stress in this job anyone can earn good money in this job

Jobs at Uber

Driver positions
See more jobs

Very unprofessional

They are not helpful to their driver-partner, unprofessional staff the 24 hour helpline don't even know what they are doing and email support is even worst.

Work with desirable schedules

A typical day at work is driving customers to their destination in a safe manner while taking quick and effective routes. Try to choose route that minimize traffic and make sure the customer is always comfortable.

The worst job I have ever had.

If you consider your car depreciation and hidden costs, you earn less than $10 per hour. The company doesn't give you any chance to defend yourself against rider's bad reviews. The company give you some incentive to control your behavior, even your rest, your sleep and so on.

Great

You have to work long hours . cost to drive your car is expensive not cover your desperation cost of car . they have to increase the amount of payment per kilometer .

Completely corporate.

Co keeps adding drvrs & this excess means longer wait time for rides, lesser income and job dissatisfaction. Even hitting bonus is made ext difficult.

Low payment

More driving less money you using your car your insurance you paying for your car financing gas and repair.you can fire any time.you can earn little bit money with hemorrhoid and back pain.

stressfull

customers and uber officials couldn't care less about their drivers. The money is not good as it used to be. They put a lot of stress on drivers. Funniest part is whoever complains first will always be right at uber.

It's ok

I like to working with UBER but most of the time it is not busy. Sometimes it is crazy busy anyways it is not enough for living with out extra salary.

Job security

It’s really hard to manage your expenses as a full time uber drivers in these days. They don’t have any control on the numbers of drivers, overall uber is getting benefit but as a driver it is hard.

It’s great

I wnjoy being my own boss and Uber rocks it’s a great company and I get lucky to have a position as a partner and a driver they are polite and help out all the time when it’s needed

Interesting and fun job for self-starters

I enjoyed meeting the general public and meeting people of various cultures was quite interesting Creating my own hours was very good Difficult driving in Montreal with all the potholed roads Some damage to my car cut into my profits, unfortunately Have to work quite a few hours to make adequate income, unless drivers work during surge pricing during holidays or rush hour Combining transporting passengers and delivering for Uber Eats can also augment income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K