Uber

Driver11 reviews
Canada11 reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,587 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Enjoyed helping people get around town

I worked for Uber back in 2017-2018, so I suppose it was very different back then. I enjoyed meeting so many different people from all over the world. In general, it was a pleasant experience. The biggest problem were the Montreal roads. It was very hard on vehicle suspension systems, and repairs were costly.

Pros

Making my own hours

Cons

Poor roads

Terrible

Uber tells a lie. There is no support Pay is terrible. Phone support is a joke. People are not trained on how to help drivers or customers only on how to put you on hold for two minutes and then say they cannot help. Driver pay is low now

Pros

Flexibility though you work all the time to try to make Money

Cons

Everything else

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Part time job

It's easy to work but hard to make money. Long wait e hours.Car expenses.you can save the day not the life. If you don't want to work under anyone, this job is for you.

Productive, collaborative, and enhance interpersonal relationship

My working with Uber for the past 4 years with over 6000 trips has been amazing. I started with Uber at the lowest of my life financially, but Uber job helped me back to life and taking financial responsibilities in my family.

Beware-Attention

Uber attracts u of flexible hours though wages we make is even drastically lower than the minimum wages. Remember major investment is from the driver side like their own car, fuel, maintenance, work hours, stress, risk of driving on the road, exposure to accidents and unhealthy working hours the whole day. Above all sometimes needs to deal with some irrational riders who think uber drivers are their employees and even try to abuse the car and efforts of the driver. Uber should think of increasing rates for the drivers, its being very tough. The day is not far when all driver will realise the fact and come out of Uber oblivion and come out of their day dreaming. Thanks and best regards

Low fares

Fare vs. driving distanceHigh customers baseDrivers unorganized Food not warm enough upon pick upSend you far places rural areas (not guidance afterwards)

Ok in a bind, don't recommend if you have other work.

Good if you're in school with little expenses or something to do when you're bore as a side job. You can't making a living wage doing this when you consider vehicle expenses.

Pros

Freedom for Hours

Cons

Pay is very bad

Fun work place

Fun to know people and exchanging thoughts and talks but the income not sufficient for living you can’t count on it as full time job you need another income if you have a family but still it’s nice experience

They make it sound like it is a great deal, but it is not

You can be the best driver, be very profesional and have the best customer service(even rated by customers) but you rarely will make more than 18-19 dollars an hour. They have their hot spots that promise better rates but even if you are around them, it is hard to get anyone with those rates. 95% of the people who use the service will not tip you.You will put a lot of mileage in your car and after expenses like gas, car wash, oil, etc you will be left with not a lot of money.People in uber office(green hub) will tell you it is great to drive for them, the truth is that they have so many drivers in queue that someone will start and get dissapointed and they will have 2 or 3 drivers in line to replace them.

Cons

Long hours and not well paid. Taxi drivers will make your life miserable

You are your own boss. Work when ever and how ever long

I like it for flexibility and can be a great Side gig, wouldn’t recommend anyone for full time job. Driving weekdays can be boring driving through traffic and what not. Not a satisfactory job. I would work recommend work weekends for more money.

Pros

Very flexible

Cons

Can get boring, and you are putting lots of miles on your car

Terrible

No security at all could get robbed easily and gas is so expensive that it’s not worth it anymore. Hated doing Uber but had no choice after COVID. You make decent money but have to put a lot of hours in

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement