Uber

Toronto, ON21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,374 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Cool

Fun and a lot cool things to see and meet new people. Quick money which is not bad work whenever you want which is amazing see new food resturants learn about the city

Pros

Discount on uber

Cons

Uber is great but inconsistent

you are your own boss and you are in charge of what hours to work, so its flexible, best time to work is the winter! i am on an e-bike so it is cost efficient, i don't have to worry about gas or car maintenance

Pros

great money

Cons

inconsistent pay

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Pay is trash if walking

If your walking you can expect to earn between $0.00 - $80.00 for 8 hours of work. The pay use to be way better but then they lowered it without any warning. I recommend you don't put all your eggs in there basket.

ubereats only good for temporary

ubereats only good for temporary, when i started, they were paying good, recently not so good. you have to drive long hours to make decent money because pay/hr is not very good. expenses and toll on your car have to be a factor.

Pros

work anytime you want, easy but have to drive long

Cons

pay starting to come down recently, have to work long hours, pay/hr not great

If you like driving,it's fun.

Lying a lot.there are not straight with driver.even the driver invest more money than them.lots of time distance and time are not right as of drivers we spend more time to to pick up food some of the locations .a lots of difficulty l don't know what there thinking.

Fun work place

Fun to know people and exchanging thoughts and talks but the income not sufficient for living you can’t count on it as full time job you need another income if you have a family but still it’s nice experience

They are using people

Uber might offer a delivery, let's say $7. You will end up picking up and delivering 2 orders, wich will be $3.50 each and will take more than 30 min. Sometimes resto doesn't have order ready, they will pretend that they don't see you and will ignore you. While you might spend 10-15 minutes to pick it up you might have just drop that order. Management is absolutely terrible, they don't care about employees and will never ever help you in any problems. This is very last resort to work there.

Not too bad, you work on your own time

Flexible hours, you work on your own time. No guaranteed salary and no benefits for sure. Basically, you make minimum wage after all the expenses but you're your own boss and you go online/offline whenever you like.

Fixable time job, good for making extra money after full time job.

Good for part timeFixable time job. Good for making extra money after full time job. I can meet all kinds of people. Most of the riders are good. Few of them even though I try my best to provide good service but still getting low rate.

Not secured Job. No respect on drivers. Uber give first and last parity to customers not for drivers. Not secured Job. No respect on drivers. Uber no

Good for extra cash!

It is really great working for uber as you can do it whenever you want. There is no fixed time or pay. Sometimes you get more sometimes less. The hard part is getting orders but the pay makes it fun!

Enjoyable job if you put in the time

I enjoy being a courier for Uber, and when the winter time comes the pay is competitive. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can make it a full time job.

Not fair

No benefits Long hours Less than minimum wage after deducting all expenses Very exhausting job No benefits No benefits No benefits No benefits No benefits

Challenging work and requires an individual to work twice as hard

A typical day at Uber eats requires you to get online as soon as you are up because the longer you keep logged in the more work you are assured of getting.

Huge Learning opportunity

Working on upcoming technology. Great work place culture. Most enjoyable part was learning newest technologies which you may have never worked on before.

Productive, relaxed

overall the Job is good. I've met some amazing customers. Sometimes its difficult when you need to park and go into condos but other than that know complaints

Fun workplace with extremely uncertain job security

Uber lays off a lot of employees so the one thing I would warn anyone applying is to be wary that your job is just a number to the executive leadership team. Be passionate about the vision but understand that you could be cut regardless of your performance.

Fast - Pacing with Uber

Uber was a pretty awesome place to work. It was one of the freshest experiences at a job that I have ever had. Due to the newness of the platform and the service, it definitely makes it challenging to place the skills you learn in a neat little box. That is not to say that overall the work that is being done their isn't impressive. A lot of time, energy and sacrifice go toward making all things possible in that business.

Pros

Very supportive team and management

network and customer service

Uber is good place to chat with people and build up network. it's a place for marketers and people with good vision. I love it because of its flexibility and good pay.

Young corporate environment with great management

Great company to work for. Hires many contractors with low job security, but office culture is young and vibrant. Management is approachable. Fast paced start-up.

Pros

Catered lunch, kitchen, downtown locatio, young culture

Cons

job security, salary

They let me go because I have low vision

I was laid off because I have low vision. Worst company to work for. They never gave me a headsup review or any feedback. Just emailed me at the end of shift and asked me not to come in starting Monday.

Pros

nothing

Cons

They don't accomodate visually impaired people in their operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement