Uber

Uber Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,382 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Was a lot of fun, but the management was often unorganized

I loved working there, had some really crazy busy days, but it was pretty casual for the most part. It was a lot of learning and relearning at the time due to regulations. Sadly there was almost 0 place for advancement, and the management often didn't know answers to basic things.

Do you think you are making money?

This company is using their drivers, by cutting around %42 of the charges!!!If you made $1000 they will take around $440 and don't forgetyour car and the high mileageon it. While, if you drove for another company it is only 350 per week no mor charges.

Pros

Time

Cons

Don't deal with you as human being

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

It was contract.

I wasn't with this company long, as the job I was doing for them was typical contract work. Dealing with their offices wasn't hard, the people were friendly and accommodating. A day at this job consisted of me driving all over Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Nisku and Leduc, and collecting images for UBER's mapping project. Through this job I ended up learning about areas of Edmonton and the surrounding towns I'd have never known of otherwise. I was an independent worker, and had VERY little contact with other drivers on the project. The only one I generally spoke with was the person I was switching off with when my weekly shift ended. The job wasn't hard at all. The hardest parts of it were just dealing with rush hour traffic, which is something countless amounts of people deal with on a daily basis anyway. The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact I was working solo and only ever heard from the offices by phone when there was an issue, which was seldom.

Pros

Totally independent working environment

Cons

Long hours of sitting in a vehicle (up to 16 a day)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement