Uber

Working at Uber: Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,397 reviews
drivermoneylonglothourpeopletimepay

Cool

Fun and a lot cool things to see and meet new people. Quick money which is not bad work whenever you want which is amazing see new food resturants learn about the city

Pros

Discount on uber

Tips

It’s good working for Uber because you see your tips up front but the bad is twice I had a customer take back the tip because they do have that option. But that only happened like two out of seventy times which is not so bad but at the time I was upset. The upside is the customer also has the option to tip you more afterward and that has happened more times than I can count.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Waiting

Insights into Uber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

What is the best part of working at the company?I used to be the best job great payment and money free schedule and financial s cutout. On 2022 is just got so horrible is like working for below minimum wage Unfortunately Uber is not a great business anymore What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Earning and customer services Uber take a huge % and decreasing the payments What is the work environment and culture like at the company?N/A you are partial independent contractor under to manny rules

What is the best part of working at the company?You can control your own hoursWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting and delivering the right order to the customer What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Did not work in the company. This was working from homeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I did not work at the company

Flexible

Working here is extremely fun. You never know how a day will be. the flexibility is a plus for someone who works a second job or has a family. great extra income

Uber is terrible

How is uber unprofitable? Why do they take 60% of the regular fare and must of the surge? Why don't they pay the drivers more? It is an easy job. You just sit and drive. But it is kind of soul sucking because of Uber itself.

Own your time

Great job if you love being free, you go out to work and you’re guaranteed to make money. The average weekly income in New York is 1400-3000 a week depending how much time you put in.

What is the best part of working at the company?Freedom to work when and how you want.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?If no orders are coming in.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?You work by yourself, so it depends on you.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Drive to location, turn on app, wait for first delivery. Once you get an order, you can pick it up at the restaurant, then take it to the house. Rinse and repeat.

What is the best part of working at the company?Self employmentWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Customers not turning on lights so that I can find their houses when making deliveries at night, and not having mailboxes with their addresses on them. Uber not paying enough for far away deliveries. Uber saying some city is busy, when it is not.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?However I make it.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy if I go far.

What you make it

Uber is what you make it really. Situational awareness is a must. As a female Uber driver you can never be too safe. The pay depends really on how much you're willing to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with support being dishonest What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Support is dishonestWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Support is dishonest

A lot of good but the bad outways the good

Been with Uber for just over a year. Initially the earnings were pretty good.Over the course of this year earnigs have dropped considerally. Other local companies have increased fares in line with rising operating costs. Uber did not.with Ubers new dynamic pricing structure drivers are now earning even less.We do this job for the money.Everything else about Uber is good, pick and choose what jobs you want, work when you want, customers are better than the local companies as is is all in app card payments.

Pros

very easy to work

Cons

very poor earnings

Ok money

Can be fun, must work alot to make any money. I prefer to deliver food rather than driving people around, it's much safer. All you need is a car, and a cellphone.

Uber driving

Driving for Uber was a convenient and easy way to make some side gig money I wouldn't recommend it for a full time job for the simple fact of cost of fuel maintenance on your vehicle as well as cleaning and keeping it tidy from unruly and unjust passengers.

Pros

Convenient

Cons

Poor pay

Good culture

Great perks with an opportunity for learning and development. A fairly well paid job with good commission earnings. The culture is very likeable with likeminded people.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Slow promotions

Productive, collaborative, and enhance interpersonal relationship

My working with Uber for the past 4 years with over 6000 trips has been amazing. I started with Uber at the lowest of my life financially, but Uber job helped me back to life and taking financial responsibilities in my family.

Good job culture, decent management, great automony

I love working at Uber, the culture is good, management is decent, and also most importantly we are given strong autonomy to decide where and when to work as long as delivering result. Pay is fair with decent change of getting promotions.

Well paid and and flexible hours

It was very nice working as an Uber driver. I could work as many hours as I wanted in a shift that fit my schedule. The company pays well and give the needed support.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Maintenance costs

Pay is not good

Only way to make a decent salary is working 50+ Hours and even at that it’s not much money especially if you are renting a car with them. I work 50+ hours and after car rental payment I’m only taking home about $800 before taxes.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Pay has gotten worse and worse

Buena

Mí evaluación es buena, con respecto al trabajo qué realice en mí país Chile, aquí en USA no he tenido el placer de trabajar

It was not a good experience with customers.

As a driver first, you are not safe on road and lot of people are drank. Second, you spend for gasoline, car services and your car mileage goes down very quickly that cost you so much. Finally, if you work $50,000.00 a year you will get around $32,000.00 remnant is for Uber.From around $32,000.00 you paid for gas, car service and your car mileage. How much you will get at the end? At least Uber was not good for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement