Uber Employee Reviews

very flexible job
Partner/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2018
Picked up customers from one locations and drove them to the other. Wages are decent. Unnecessary ware and tare on my vehicle. Some customers were friendly, others were not. I would work for uber again.
rating system is terrible
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2018
rating system for UBER is unfair to say the least, newer vehicle required, vehicle needs to be in immaculate condition at all times or customers complain, must be well dressed or customers complain, must be professional at all times or customers complain, must offer to help customers with any type of luggage or customers complain, must be able to read the customers minds and do what they want you to do or customers complain... have fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can get fired quickly if customers complain
productive and fun place to work
Sub-Contractor driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
productive and fun place to work. meet new people and socialize with people and get to know new people and make connections.
enjoy the nice outside weather.
Pros
Flexible time schedule
Cons
traffic
Flexible job
Arrived on time to customers appointments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
Flexible job work on your schedule. But not enough to make it to the end of month and be able to sustain whole family, part time is okay at the risk of car wear and tear, gas, your time doesn't cover it by there pay standard.
Pros
Work on your schedule
Cons
Not enough to make it to month part time gig, car insurance and repairs and gas are not enough to cover.
Young corporate environment with great management
DRIVER ACQUISITION MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Great company to work for.
Hires many contractors with low job security, but office culture is young and vibrant.
Management is approachable.
Fast paced start-up.
Pros
Catered lunch, kitchen, downtown locatio, young culture
Cons
job security, salary
It was contract.
Image Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
I wasn't with this company long, as the job I was doing for them was typical contract work.

Dealing with their offices wasn't hard, the people were friendly and accommodating.

A day at this job consisted of me driving all over Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Nisku and Leduc, and collecting images for UBER's mapping project.

Through this job I ended up learning about areas of Edmonton and the surrounding towns I'd have never known of otherwise.

I was an independent worker, and had VERY little contact with other drivers on the project. The only one I generally spoke with was the person I was switching off with when my weekly shift ended.

The job wasn't hard at all. The hardest parts of it were just dealing with rush hour traffic, which is something countless amounts of people deal with on a daily basis anyway.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact I was working solo and only ever heard from the offices by phone when there was an issue, which was seldom.
Pros
Totally independent working environment
Cons
Long hours of sitting in a vehicle (up to 16 a day)
Productive Work environment
Partner support Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 May 2016
I am responsible for on boarding and new activations for those who are interested in Driving with Uber. I enable people to earn great money as an independent contractors. I allow you to be your own boss and get paid in fares for driving on your own schedule. The job is great I just wished I had more hours in a week.
Fun workplace
Partner Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2016
Signing up new driver, problem solving partner issues, technical support. Help wide variety of people. Learning new technology is a plus
They let me go because I have low vision
UberEATS Partner Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
I was laid off because I have low vision. Worst company to work for.
They never gave me a headsup review or any feedback. Just emailed me at the end of shift and asked me not to come in starting Monday.
Pros
nothing
Cons
They don't accomodate visually impaired people in their operations.