Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Found 271 reviews matching the search See all 8,560 reviews
Uber Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
Good company, You have control on your time when you want to work. You can go online/offline when you want to. Overall its a decent work just need a lot of patients.
Not a good partener to work with
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2019
Too much millage for nothing. The fare that they send to you is not what they charge the rider, they charge the rider extra 5 or 6 dollars and eventually you can not print your tax summary at home you have to go to the library.
Fun Place
SORT (Former Employee) –  Indian, ON2 March 2019
It was my first full time job and I have had great opportunities to demonstrate my skills and talent. Workplace had impeccable culture and the hardest part of the job was management.
ez
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
You are able to pick your own hours, however, you are self employed so you have to rely on people ordering food if you want to make money. If you have another job this is a great way to pick up cash. If you are willing to commit, you can also make a large amount of money but you are responsible for your own fuel and any maintenance on your vehicle.
Flexible, driver and rider friendly
Uber partner driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2019
Every day you are on top of he road and traffic conditions. You honestly feel like a part of the growing company and the community. Best feeling and rewarding knowing that riders are happy and safe getting to their destination.
Pros
total schedule freedom
Cons
busy
Polyvalent et professionnel
Livreur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2019
Chaque jour sont différent. Faire affaire avec plusieurs restaurant dans le Montréal et ces environ. respecter la demande de l'employeur et de livrer la commande au destinataire en étant soucieux de la marchandise livré et du temps aussi. L'aspect le plus agréable est d'avoir un horaire très flexible.
Pros
Repas gratuit, suite a une annulation du client
Cons
Quand t'on arrive cher le marchand et qu'il est fermé
Worse company in corporate sector
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
Its a worse company , i called it pro customer company.they called u indepandent contractor but treat u like a slave and worse then any employer .they controlled y pretty much any way they want...even they deactivate y coz of any false complain sitting in san francisco or in europe.even they will not give y right to appeal or wd says our decesion is final blah blah...dont waste ur time as full time on this job , at the end u wd regret...always do full time job somewhere else and do for this extra money as part time.avearge u make 1000 a week working 7 days as a slave gas 150 plus car payment plus vechicles wear tear maintenace and hst....u will take home working 600 to 700..vechicle depreciation due to high milage is lot....i say better to work on minimum is viable option.
Pros
Customer pro
Cons
Flexibility
Poor pay, bad management
UberX, UberEats driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2019
I've been doing both UberX (passenger service) and UberEats (food delivery) full-time for over 4 months.

My pay minus expenses is well below the minimum wage. The only reason why I'm dong this work is because I've tried and failed to find any other employment.

Unfortunately, I have too much education for the jobs that are available. Only Uber doesn't care about it, but other employers do. And for this reason, I give an extra star to Uber. If it wasn't for Uber, then I probably wouldn't be working at all.

I found some serious flaws in the Uber system for drivers.

The Uber navigation map for Windsor, Ontario has some serious mistakes. In some places it tells you to turn into a dead-end street and go through it. And in some new parts of town it doesn't recognize some streets at all.

These problems with the map you can deal with and find your way anyway without too much trouble. But some passengers give you low ratings for problems like that, even though it's not your mistake.

Some passengers are also hard to please, and they can give you low ratings for mysterious and unknown reasons.

The rating system is anonymized so much that you often have no idea who gave you a low rating on what trip and for what reason. Which means that you can't do much to improve. You only worry about it.

The UberEats rating system is better, because it uses thumbs-up or thumbs-down rating, instead of 5 stars. Which means that people give thumbs-up every time, unless there is a serious problem. They don't give poor ratings for trivial reasons, the way it can
  more... happen from passengers at UberX.

But UberEats has problems too.

I recently got a thumbs-down for a food delivery at UberEats, because people at the restaurant didn't read an added note from the customer about adding some sauce. The customer asked me about the sauce, when I brought the food, and was upset, when I didn't know anything about it.

But this customer's note for the food order didn't even appear in my Uber app on my phone. There was no way I could've checked or asked about it.

Overall, I would say that this work at Uber is good as a last resort, when you can't find any other work. But the pay is far below the minimum wage, and the work has some problems and annoyances.

It's not quite the same as having your own business or being self-employed. Because customers can give you unfair poor ratings, and Uber company can fire you for it.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Poor pay, getting blamed for problems that aren't your fault
uber driver.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2019
As a uber driver I need to pickup riders and drive them to there destination safly. when I drive I can meet various kind peoples.there have no managers. I can choose start time and ending time my own. hardest part in the job is,when drive with no patient people.. anyway im enjoying my job.
your own office in your car
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2019
Terrible customer service they do not care for you'r well being or what you have to say or any type of opinion you have you are rated based on 5 stars anything below 5 stars you get suspended even if you have a problem with a client chances are the problem wont be resolved you are also easily rated 1 star with increase your chance of getting released by the company quickly
Pros
fast money
Cons
you get fired very quickly
OK maney for a part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2019
I have nothing to complain about this job. It makes OK money and you can choose your own hours. Usually you make more during the weekend. There is no boss to answer to, and the support team is very helpful for everything.
Driver
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2019
safety and assured that the vehicle is clean and in excellent condition. I did more that 200 safe and successful trips and I properly follow the navigation directions GPS.
signing up process through customer call center
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2019
I am trying to sign up for uber partner driver, but call centerr agent dont have any knowledge, everytime i had to rpeat again, no one has knowlg what they doing. they dont have authorization how to upload doc and what and where to upload doc, they keep sending me a link and tell me to sign up by that link, same problem, i told so many time they dont understand. sent also screen shot. they need to improve call cneter by giving more training. everytime i call waste of time and they cant solve proble.
Easy Job
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC29 January 2019
Initially when the service started at Sherbrooke QC there was a good pay but by the passage of time the promotions are ended for the uber drivers and even there is no pre information as well. Meaning I was earning $ 14/hr now it is around $ 9/hr if only gets back to back order. So out of $ 9/hr need to manage the gas and pay the taxes as well.

It is still good if only you don't have anything else to do and you are very bored at home then the end option is Uber.
Pros
You can work if only you want
Cons
Very low wage
Very convenient
Uber driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 January 2019
We are working with our own time and its very convenient to organize the time scheduling. Payments are very easiest and we wont be wait for a long time to get it.
indépendance du travail
livreur à vélo (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2019
c'est un boulot où nous sommes vraiment libre de choisir nos heures ce qui est parfait
Worst company to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
It's so unfair for government to let Uber operate in Canada when minimum pay is around $15 in most part but with Uber you can only make $4 to $5 an hour after expense.so why only restaurants and other places have to follow the minimum payment rule why not uber.this company is making so much money from drivers and taking around 40 percent.everything is getting more expansive except Uber drivers are making less and less money.this is the biggest scam ever and people need to stay away from it
Pros
Being frustrated and destroying your car
Cons
Great way to learn about restaurants and the city
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2019
Delivering food with UberEats is great in that you choose the times and hours worked plus on a bike it's exercise too
Frustrating app and organization at times but customer and employee support is there if needed
A great way to make money
Uber Partner (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 January 2019
The concept of Uber is fantastic. Work your own hours, be your own boss (sort of). Drive around town or beyond and make money helping people who don't have vehicles or can't drive because they are intoxicated.

When uber is running well, it's honestly one of the greatest ways you can earn a decent living. Some days you'll work 6 or 7 hours and come home with anywhere between $200.00 and $500.00

The sign-up process is fairly simple and straightforward. Some areas require additional hoops such as visiting your police department and getting a criminal record check, paying $60.00 for your "uber licence" and so-on. You may also need to get a safety certificate for your vehicle. Non of these start-up costs are reimbursed and can often be several hundred dollars depending on where you live.

Past a couple of youtube videos there is almost no support from uber for new drivers. You're basically on your own to learn how everything works. It's fairly straightforward and doesn't take more than a day or two. As of January 2019 uber has not created a mentorship program which would benefit new drivers by allowing them to ride with experienced drivers for a few days to figure the system out.

After each ride, you will have to rate your passenger. For the most part passenger ratings are meaningless. Low rated passengers still get rides.

Riders also get to rate you. They can rate you one-star without any penalty. There is no way to dispute their rating. There is no way to undo their low rating. Enough low ratings and you're fired, or "deactivated" as they like to call it.

If
  more... a rider decides they don't like you, your car, your hair style, your music, the colour of your vehicle interior, topic of conversation that they initiate, they will damage your uber reputation and there is not a single thing you are able to do about it.

Remember if your car isn't spotless inside and out, regardless of weather, or how long you've been driving, riders will complain and rate you low, and there is nothing you can do about it.

If a rider complains enough they can ensure your pay is removed and you will use your time, fuel, and vehicle for free to benefit them. Riders have a large amount of scams they can pull to ensure they get where they want to go at your time expense. It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while you'll be giving free rides to people because they figured out how to scam uber.

Riders also have ways of lodging complaints to ensure they get their money back and you get penalized.

The good in this is that if a rider is rude, leaves beer cans in your vehicle, pukes, pees, or other undesirable behaviour uber will reimburse you up to $200.00 (depending on where you live)

Some days you simply will not make any money. This isn't Ubers fault. There are just no calls, too many drivers, whatever reason. You'll sit at a local coffee shop for five or six hours and not make a penny. It's a hazard of the job.

Uber has control. Understand you are one of tens of thousands of worker ants in a system. You are supposed to be a "contractor" but cannot set your own rates. They tell you what you are paid and there is little that can be done to change this. Unlike real contractors who set their own rates before each job you are at the mercy of Uber to get paid.

Uber is an amazing system, but like all systems has its flaws. New drivers quickly learn how careless riders are with ratings and how a seemingly great ride, with a great rider will get you a one star rating that nobody but you cares about.

Like any business you need to know when to go out, when to stay home, and how to dodge the poor ratings that riders give you. Buy a dashboard camera as it may save you from accusations.

There is no management or corporate culture as a front line driver. You're on your own. You sometimes run into other drivers you can hang out with when it's slow.

If you need help with something, expect to have to drive several hours to something called a "Greenlight hub". They're in Toronto. If you're in Windsor it will be an 8 hour return drive to get help. If you're in Niagara Falls 2 hours. Don't expect to be reimbursed for this.

There is no opportunity for advancement as you're a driver and you drive.

There is no opportunity to earn pay raises as uber controls the shots and tells you what you will earn and there is no disputing or negotiating.

Overall it's a fantastic way to earn some extra money each week. For some people they turn it into a full time job. Understand like anything else in life, nothing is perfect.
Pros
Make money in your spare time, or full time if you work long hours
Cons
Easily fired by uber, riders control your rating and are often careless.
bad management very unfair to drivers "partners"
driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
they give you the title of partner so they wont have any obligations towards you.
anytime a passenger doesn't like you and reports you with any reason you get suspended until their investigation is over which is 48 hours and guess what .... they do nothing its more of a time out for children.
the damage u receive in return of ur hard work is not even close to worth it
there have been weeks where i calculated my income and i was making a little shy from 6$ an hour and thats working in their busiest place Toronto.
and on the long run its more like selling your car in installments cause by the end of 2 years work the car is worthless.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very discriminating, no security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K