Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Found 256 reviews matching the search See all 8,481 reviews
Beware of riders that lie
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 March 2019
I have been driving for almost 2 months was super happy had amazing reviews until I had a non english speaking rider who reported me to uber that I was "detained" by police when in fact I was stopped briefly I was not given a ticket nor did I even get out of the car. I explained to the rider what happened he was completely fine with everything. Uber suspended my account without hearing my side of the story and that this rider out right lied. I believe the rider who I dropped off at a local mall was late for work due to his realization it was day light savings and he was an hour late for work and blamed it on me being stopped by the police. Now I have to drive over an hour to a green light hub to explain even after calling and emailing support.
Not enough pay and very competative
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2019
In Toronto cost of living is high and car insurance is very expensive.
Uber does not consider at all your costs for maintaining your car and seem to pay the least as possible.
When i started Uber, it looked like a great option to make money but now it seems to not be worth it at all.
After gas, insurance, maintance and the tax you pay at the end of the year. You realize it may have not been the best option. Uber does nothing to help with tax and you are left to figure it out yourself.
Also a major negative with the job are the customers. I have worked in customer service positions all my life and have never faced the amount of stress and disrespect I have with Ubereats customers. Especially the people living in condos and apartments that do not do a thing to help you get into the apartment and deliver to their door as 98% of them request. On top of that the security at the lobby also makes it hard for you.
Ubereats driver support aren't very helpful either. An example would be when I picked up food and the restaurant did not package a chicken noodle soup properly. They usually wrap the container in a plastic bag to seal it but instead just used napkins. Didn't look professional but since I am just a driver I am not allowed to demand better packaging. All the liquid spilt and the bag ripped and I was embarrassed of its condition. Instead of just taking this to the customer I called Uber to see what I should do. They said they would call the restaurant and see If they could make a replacement. As you may have guessed the restaurant said no. So I thought Uber would call the
  more... customer and apologize and see if they were willing to take a partial refund but nope they told me to deliver the food in that condition and apologoze to the customer. They left the whole issue with me instad of dealing with the problem right away and providing a better service for the customer. I felt like they just hoped the customer would take all the frustration out on me and hoping the customer would not call them. I was surprised by this as they already know the many verbal assults we have faced with previous customers for lesser issues.
This is not the only issues Ubereats driver face but there can be some good days. But in my opiniom its not the best way to earn money as there are way too many drivers. I use to be busy when i first started and during snow storms or rainy days. But now there are days I get an order an hour.
Pros
Pick days and hours to work
Cons
Not enough pay, very stressful, poor driver support
Horrible company taking advantage of people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on10 March 2019
I have been delivering food for ubereats for more than a year... it made me realise how people are.. selfish, feeling entitled to everything, lazy and cheap!!! The most i ever made in a 50 hour week is 50$ in tips. Most customers dont even bother giving a buzz number or even an appartment number, which makes you wait in the lobby like an idiot untill they decide to answer their phone. After 10 minutes of waiting they give you the appartment number. Big waste of time.. the most money you will ever going to get is 20$ an hour... minus your gaz 5 to 10$ an hour depending on your vehicle. Minus the wear and tear on your car and the repairs and insurance. At the end of the day you end up with 10$ an hour to be treated like excrements all day by stupid customers. If i would tell my friends to drive ubereats???? NOOO!!!!!! This company is horrible!!!!!
Pros
Work whenever you feel like it
Cons
Under minimum wage (should be illegal)
Great Job
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2019
It is nice being able to meet different people and provide a service from the comfort of your own car. It is also nice to choose your own hours. My mother is currently in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Having the ability to choose my own hours really helps me to be available if needed. My previous job had me doing alternating shifts so I really appreciate the stability that Uber provides.
Good short-term job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2019
This is a good job for a short time. You choose your own hours which is nice. You learn a lot about customer service. However, you don't get too much support from Uber when there is an issue.
Uber Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
Good company, You have control on your time when you want to work. You can go online/offline when you want to. Overall its a decent work just need a lot of patients.
Not a good partener to work with
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2019
Too much millage for nothing. The fare that they send to you is not what they charge the rider, they charge the rider extra 5 or 6 dollars and eventually you can not print your tax summary at home you have to go to the library.
Fun Place
SORT (Former Employee) –  Indian, ON2 March 2019
It was my first full time job and I have had great opportunities to demonstrate my skills and talent. Workplace had impeccable culture and the hardest part of the job was management.
ez
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
You are able to pick your own hours, however, you are self employed so you have to rely on people ordering food if you want to make money. If you have another job this is a great way to pick up cash. If you are willing to commit, you can also make a large amount of money but you are responsible for your own fuel and any maintenance on your vehicle.
Flexible, driver and rider friendly
Uber partner driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 February 2019
Every day you are on top of he road and traffic conditions. You honestly feel like a part of the growing company and the community. Best feeling and rewarding knowing that riders are happy and safe getting to their destination.
Pros
total schedule freedom
Cons
busy
Polyvalent et professionnel
Livreur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2019
Chaque jour sont différent. Faire affaire avec plusieurs restaurant dans le Montréal et ces environ. respecter la demande de l'employeur et de livrer la commande au destinataire en étant soucieux de la marchandise livré et du temps aussi. L'aspect le plus agréable est d'avoir un horaire très flexible.
Pros
Repas gratuit, suite a une annulation du client
Cons
Quand t'on arrive cher le marchand et qu'il est fermé
Worse company in corporate sector
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
Its a worse company , i called it pro customer company.they called u indepandent contractor but treat u like a slave and worse then any employer .they controlled y pretty much any way they want...even they deactivate y coz of any false complain sitting in san francisco or in europe.even they will not give y right to appeal or wd says our decesion is final blah blah...dont waste ur time as full time on this job , at the end u wd regret...always do full time job somewhere else and do for this extra money as part time.avearge u make 1000 a week working 7 days as a slave gas 150 plus car payment plus vechicles wear tear maintenace and hst....u will take home working 600 to 700..vechicle depreciation due to high milage is lot....i say better to work on minimum is viable option.
Pros
Customer pro
Cons
Flexibility
Poor pay, bad management
UberX, UberEats driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2019
I've been doing both UberX (passenger service) and UberEats (food delivery) full-time for over 4 months.

My pay minus expenses is well below the minimum wage. The only reason why I'm dong this work is because I've tried and failed to find any other employment.

Unfortunately, I have too much education for the jobs that are available. Only Uber doesn't care about it, but other employers do. And for this reason, I give an extra star to Uber. If it wasn't for Uber, then I probably wouldn't be working at all.

I found some serious flaws in the Uber system for drivers.

The Uber navigation map for Windsor, Ontario has some serious mistakes. In some places it tells you to turn into a dead-end street and go through it. And in some new parts of town it doesn't recognize some streets at all.

These problems with the map you can deal with and find your way anyway without too much trouble. But some passengers give you low ratings for problems like that, even though it's not your mistake.

Some passengers are also hard to please, and they can give you low ratings for mysterious and unknown reasons.

The rating system is anonymized so much that you often have no idea who gave you a low rating on what trip and for what reason. Which means that you can't do much to improve. You only worry about it.

The UberEats rating system is better, because it uses thumbs-up or thumbs-down rating, instead of 5 stars. Which means that people give thumbs-up every time, unless there is a serious problem. They don't give poor ratings for trivial reasons, the way it can
  more... happen from passengers at UberX.

But UberEats has problems too.

I recently got a thumbs-down for a food delivery at UberEats, because people at the restaurant didn't read an added note from the customer about adding some sauce. The customer asked me about the sauce, when I brought the food, and was upset, when I didn't know anything about it.

But this customer's note for the food order didn't even appear in my Uber app on my phone. There was no way I could've checked or asked about it.

Overall, I would say that this work at Uber is good as a last resort, when you can't find any other work. But the pay is far below the minimum wage, and the work has some problems and annoyances.

It's not quite the same as having your own business or being self-employed. Because customers can give you unfair poor ratings, and Uber company can fire you for it.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Poor pay, getting blamed for problems that aren't your fault
uber driver.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2019
As a uber driver I need to pickup riders and drive them to there destination safly. when I drive I can meet various kind peoples.there have no managers. I can choose start time and ending time my own. hardest part in the job is,when drive with no patient people.. anyway im enjoying my job.
your own office in your car
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2019
Terrible customer service they do not care for you'r well being or what you have to say or any type of opinion you have you are rated based on 5 stars anything below 5 stars you get suspended even if you have a problem with a client chances are the problem wont be resolved you are also easily rated 1 star with increase your chance of getting released by the company quickly
Pros
fast money
Cons
you get fired very quickly
OK maney for a part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2019
I have nothing to complain about this job. It makes OK money and you can choose your own hours. Usually you make more during the weekend. There is no boss to answer to, and the support team is very helpful for everything.
Driver
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2019
safety and assured that the vehicle is clean and in excellent condition. I did more that 200 safe and successful trips and I properly follow the navigation directions GPS.
signing up process through customer call center
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2019
I am trying to sign up for uber partner driver, but call centerr agent dont have any knowledge, everytime i had to rpeat again, no one has knowlg what they doing. they dont have authorization how to upload doc and what and where to upload doc, they keep sending me a link and tell me to sign up by that link, same problem, i told so many time they dont understand. sent also screen shot. they need to improve call cneter by giving more training. everytime i call waste of time and they cant solve proble.
Easy Job
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC29 January 2019
Initially when the service started at Sherbrooke QC there was a good pay but by the passage of time the promotions are ended for the uber drivers and even there is no pre information as well. Meaning I was earning $ 14/hr now it is around $ 9/hr if only gets back to back order. So out of $ 9/hr need to manage the gas and pay the taxes as well.

It is still good if only you don't have anything else to do and you are very bored at home then the end option is Uber.
Pros
You can work if only you want
Cons
Very low wage
Very convenient
Uber driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 January 2019
We are working with our own time and its very convenient to organize the time scheduling. Payments are very easiest and we wont be wait for a long time to get it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K