Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Great experience as a driver
UBER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 October 2017
Full time Uber driver experiences provide important insights into the way Uber, as the taxi, alternative , is providing genuine livable income ...I was especially interested in understanding how i organized my time. It seems that it takes a little practice but once I got familiar with how certain routes work, then I could start optimizing how I spent time.
Pros
Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, no commitments. This means if you don’t like it, or if you only want to do it sparingly, you can always have it to fall back on. Fun: You get to have good conversations with nice people.
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle: You’ll need more frequent oil changes and tire changes.
flexablity with hours
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Recommended to people that drive uber as a secondary income. Did not make enough money driving for uber as a full time job. Most enjoyable part of the job was making up my own hours for work.
Pros
own boss
Cons
low pay
Great hours
driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2017
Uber is good only because you can choose your hours. There are many drivers out there on the road now and it is harder to make the same money. I would reccomend Uber as an added income not a sole income.
Pros
Set a destination to drive to and pick up passengers on the way.
Faux espoir
Chauffeur Uber (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 August 2017
Uber nous fait rêver en nous faisant croire que le salaire peut dépasser les 1000 $ par semaine. Ceci est totalement faux quand on inclus les frais lier à la voiture, essence, etc.
Pros
Flexibilité
Cons
Saliare
Good for part time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
This is not a job that you would be able to live off, but i worked Uber eats for almost 1 year and i enjoyed it. I enjoy driving which made this job worth it but the orders were almost never ready when I got to the locations.
Mathematically - wrong job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
When you add all the cost e.g. fuel, maintenance, tire plus high mileage on you car -- drivers makes only half of minimum hourly wage....Uber charge 30% to 35% as fee and add a boost of 10% on average, plus drivers end up buying Uber merchandise such as bags, etc. Check reviews on Youtube as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very less pay - neglible net pay
Fun, Enjoyable, Exciting
Driver, independent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2017
Would only work Fri/Sat evenings & nights, and Sunday afternoon for a total of 12-15 hours.

Lots of fun meeting new people and speaking of experiences, insights, business conversations, and even customer contacts.
Pros
Flexible Hours, fun customer interaction
i am hard worker and easy learning person i can adapt any shifts
OWNER OPERATOR 5 TON (FULL TIME) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2017
willing to be milestone of the company productive and well take care for customer and their property entertain my client to be well and happy, thanks for your question
Some passengers are ruining this job
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 August 2017
Most passengers are fine, but be prepared to deal with drunks vomiting in your car, eating and/or drinking in your car without asking permission, leaving garbage or spills in your back seat, etc.
The feedback system is almost completely useless, since passengers want to see you give them 5 stars or they won't do the same, most complaints you receive are completely bogus (I got a complaint for NOT speeding) or so vague you couldn't possibly know what you did wrong (Professionalism; how is that helpful feedback? Car Quality; I drive a luxury car and you're paying UberX rates!).
The support system is just as bad, copying and pasting stock responses to every problem and flagging the issue as resolved, when all they did was provide a link to their policy statement which has nothing to do with your problem.
Most of the job is fine, but the problems can be seriously frustrating.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No job security, passenger behaviour, rating system
Un bon travaille
Chauffeur uber (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2017
Une bonne expérience dans le service à la clientèle
Very flexible , great customer service experience .
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
Great company to work for if you are looking for a part time flexible job and if you have a vehicle that gets great gas mileage .
It also helps working mostly in the Toronto area , especially in the down town business core .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
More of a part time job
Workplace Culture
Part Time Uber Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Uber is like an open space workplace where you can work anytime, eat anytime and do other things anytime you want. You have the freedom to spend your time and earn at the same time.
Really a good thing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Uber is a great job. Flexible hours. One can work according to our own schedule. No boss. Customer dealing. Various languages. Different types of people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Own schedule
Driving uber is fun but not enough for life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
Working for Uber is fun,to be your own boss is great,meeting many person from different culture increase your experience , good to make extra money but not a full time job,
Cons
work as you can
meeting new people
uper driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 June 2017
i work hard everyday starting from 5:30am
i learned in this job to be paitent and to have a good knowledge how to deAL with all types of personaltiy which i met every day from my customers .
uper management is helpful and always trying to solve the issues
communctaion culure
the hardest part of the job is to find rider and sometimes to make the rider like your service and give you 5 star and i already one of the highest rate in London ontario .
the most enjoyable is challange myself to get my target everyday .
Cons
every Friday and Saturday working until 3am
Back to back working
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
typical day at work is working early morning from 7am to 10am then going back to work at 4pm to 8pm. Meeting new people is fun, you learn something different from everyone.
No schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
The best part about this job is that there is no fix schedule to follow. You can work as many hour as you want, or as less as you wish. But the money you can make from this is not stable. There are good times and bad times.
dont do it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
worst job ever. you ruin your car ...........get treated like garbage and its not worth the hassle......... terrible terrible job.....dont do it dont do it
be your own boss
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
The good thing about this job is that you are your own boss. You can work whenever you feel like it. And it is great supplemental income for those that need it.
Pros
work anytime
Cons
somedays there is not enough work
It's fun as you have chance to speek with different peaple
Taxi Driver (Independent contracter) (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC16 June 2017
Driving uber is fan and nice according to people you meet everyday, I like to chat with different people, Uber made me discovering so many places in Ottawa and Gatineau cities, but remember it's a taxi? the hardest part to me is when there is no enough request, which makes me to be bored. I love when it's busy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
10 hours