Uber Partner Drivers
Coronavirus update
Information from Uber Partner Drivers:

Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Canada460 reviews
you should know when to select the hours to work, although it is flexible, but you don't wanna waste time without getting call.
For example I try to select my hours so that i make on average 35 to 40 bucks an hour (net: 25 to 28 bucks an hour after taxes and all expenses).

In some cases there were times that i made 50 to 55 bucks an hour (net: 35 to 40 bucks an hour), that's really worth it. Fabulous.

Also you have to utilize certain seasons to boost your income such as Canada day, labour day, new year eve...

I remember last year on the new year eve I made around 75 to 80 bucks an hour because it was all surge hours, lovely, I made around 255 bucks in just 3 hours.
Pros
flexible and u r your own boss
Cons
only side-job, not worth it for full time
I really enjoyed driving with Uber I was able to pick my own hours and enjoy the great benefits as you move along. Working with the App is a nice setup but a nice Data plan is needed while your driving and the pay is nice and can receive it promptly on a daily basis
Pros
Making more money
Cons
Deactivation if your not doing very well
Same app for uber eats as uber ride share with same rules that dont apply to both situations. glitches out constantly no Quality Testing. No driver Help at all I drive to a closed restaurant to pick up and the app made me cancel,I don't get compensation.
Pros
Make your own shifts
Cons
They charge too much for a bad app
They are very sneaky in how much they compensate for themselves. The Tax summery is very unclear. What shows on the tax summery is not what you've gotten paid and deposited into your bank account. I've asked the people in Uber office about it and no one could explain the discrepancies. It's so horrible to work as an Uber driver. It's true that you have the freedom of choosing your own schedule but they're clearly and simply taking advantage of people who can't get other jobs and turn them into slaves for a few dollars at a time. If they offer a surge, it'll be for an hour or two in which by the time you get a pick up order, the surge time is over or you've only gotten to do only 1 order or passenger. Basically they make you rush through traffic and rush hour and stress yourself out to catch the surge fee. And for deliveries, half the time you get a parking ticket during a drop off because for every delivery you'd have to pay the parking and your Uber sign is not accepted for the city. so basically, you end up paying so much for the car insurance, expensive fuel and traffic/parking tickets with the same amount of money you just sweated to make plus all the stress and the toll it took on your body for sitting and driving for looooong period of hours. I stopped working for them over a year ago and haven't been happier.
Pros
Freedom of schedule
Cons
Not making decent wage, waste of life, hard on the body, they steal your hard working money, too much expense, deteriorates your car
Driving is my passion. This job allows me do what my heart feels like. My typical day would start at 6 am at finish at 6pm. As I said schedules were flexible. I can work whenever I feel like.
Pros
flexilbe schedule
Cons
If you are looking for a way to put a few bucks in your pocket quickly, then this is a good opportunity. Not great for long term gain, and hope you don't have issues, as their service support is only available online, and their reps just keep sending "standard protocol" replies without actually addressing the issues you are bringing up - you cannot actually call to discuss the issue, only keep repeating yourself and hope someone actually reads the full complaint. The pay does not really account for long term wear and tear on the vehicle, or the continual increase in fuel costs.
Also, be very cautious when it comes to tax time - the report they send you includes all generated sales volume, including all their fees and their take - if you are not cautious with the amounts claimed on your taxes, or you don't have a good accountant, you will be paying their taxes for them. They are very pro-rider and any issues are always the driver's fault unless you can prove differently. I had one drive that was around $60.00 that the rider claimed was not him and they immediately deducted from my pay the next week. I had to fight with them several times and take 2 trips to their green light center to finally get this resolved and get paid for the trip - if not, I was out the income, and would have had to incur the cost of the fuel and wear and tear on my vehicle for nothing. The other issue is that in many areas, there are far too many drivers to make it worth while. I used to go out and be able to drive for 3 - 5 hours, with most of the time driving customers - before I left, I could go out
 - more...
Pros
Set your own times, paid weekly
Cons
High fuel and vehicle upkeep costs (cleaning and maintenance), no personal support as all issues dealt through online methods
Give priority to listen driver not always customer is right. Ride hailing even customer make a driver rough driving, give driver poor rating, or customer rush, driver always rules, customer disobey , uber map is not accurate or perfect
Driver gets deactivated customer complain, driver following rules uber navigation who to drop more 3 passenger. Uber pool.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Beaucoup de points a ameliorer. Ca va prendre des poursuites judiciaires, pour faire avancer les choses.
Pros
Horaire
Cons
Salaire/depenses quotidiennes
Uber is a decent job/side job to have. Being able to choose your own hours and work when you want is great. It can be stressful at times, as any job can be, but since you are your own boss, you don't have to worry about having a manager yelling at your ear.
doing it full time and being an independent contractor for the first time can be daunting, you are required to do your own taxes so make sure you save a portion of every paycheck.

There are a decent amount of bonuses to help you make more money during rush hour times, but not much in the form of benefits.
Pros
ability to choose own hours, work in the comfort of your own car
Cons
can be slow at times
UBER is a great as an idea but it's the worest company on this earth because you dont get enough specially the uber team support is a disaster. My advice don't do it unless you just need 100 a day but dont forget 13 percent tax and car maintenance is on you not uber.
Pros
Nice idea
Cons
Less money/ Paying taxes and car maintenance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Uber Partner Drivers?
Working with uber was great. The hours were flexible because you are the main contractor. There is no one to observe you however through the uber deiver app all communications were based there.
Excellent , très bien pour vie famille-travail et autonome.
Pros
Aucune
Cons
Aucune
bon pour arrondir ses fins de mois, clientèles agréable avec un contacte toujours chaleureux
Pros
connaitre les bons restos de Montréal
Cons
stationnement délicats dans certaines situations
There is no opportunity for any driver review on the retailers or the customers they deal with. Its totally one sided . If you have to many negative reviews in a given time frame your dismissed .
There is no workmens comp after I worked for more more then a year and a half.

There are no health benefits or pensions

There is no day time promotion ( extra earnings )

They clawed back the wages from when I first started from 90 cents a KLM. to under 50

No maintenance allotment

No fuel wages - should be added in on top of earnings
Pros
Tips are finally happening
Cons
Dangerous over time in crazy traffic . If your tired dont drive.
You can community with lots of people and increase your social communication skill. Your customers are in different industries when you talk to them, you can learn many of knowledge in different fields.
Frais de conducteur très bas, commission très élevée pour Uber, pas de différenciation significative pour les chauffeurs avec un score élevé, pas de différenciation pour les conducteurs avec de nouvelles voitures, l'usure de la voiture ne justifie pas les tarifs risibles d'Uber
Pros
le seul point positif est la flexibilité des horaires de travail, puisque nous travaillons comme indépendants
Cons
les taux sont très bas, UBER gagne un pourcentage extrêmement élevé (25%), le bénéfice moyen net est de plus ou moins 10 $ CAD
Un bon travail pour une personne qui aime d'être autonome dans son propre travail .
Uber is worst job I worked ever they take high percent and there is no rules on top of all the government ministries they give him money no where we can complain
Terrible experience! Worst customer service ever! They fired me over customers lying said they never got they food, the customers that called and made a complaint and said that they never got their food is because they never answered their doors or calls, then UberEats knowing the procedures of when a customer doesn't answer is all on their own apps that a followed
It's a very interesting job. You can enjoy the city and outdoor locations. No boss no time limits its all depends on your wish. Good earning. And i learned safe driving and all the streets of city i knew very well. Now i am able to anywhere without locations map
Way to many people doing this. Wear and tear on personal vehicle. After taxes and expenses, you are basically working for minimum wage.
No longer very safe to do with Covid 19
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2K