Uber Drivers
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Uber Drivers Employee Reviews

Found 597 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,324 reviews

Does not pay enough to accommodate vehicle maintenance

Flexible, laid back. Compensation is cheap. Sometimes time consuming. No compensation for waiting on customer orders. Very discouraging at times. I wouldn't recommend as a full time job.

Income as compare to work is less. Too much deductions and expenses.

Uber needs to review:* 25% deduction- too high.* We need to drive more as compare to taxi, so more gas consumption, resulted in more expenses.( In Taxi to earn$200 Gas needed is 15 liters but in Uber you need 30 Liters)* You need to spend more time to earn less amount, meaning per hour earning is low.* Total deductions including gas, fee, insurance, GST, etc is more than 50%.* advantage is flexibility of the job.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Per her income is low.

low pay, bad suppor

I was online 5 hours 15 minutes without any calls. I've been with Uber 3 years, it just keeps getting slower and slower, less money. I contacted support. Support people just do they're job. They're job is to put you on hold till you go away or deflect you to useless solutions

Cons

5 hours without a trip

Very Confortable work environment

I am a sole proprietor and my own boss. A typicl work day has me bigining at a time that's convenient and ending at a time I see fit. My workplace is in the elements and not coped up in an office all day. No better feeling than that freedom

Pros

Outside daily

Cons

long hours sometimes

Uber finds ways to pay drivers less money

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Low pay

No loyalty

Don’t waste your time energy and gas for this organization. All it takes is one person to complain to try and get a free meal and they cut you off with no ability to defend yourself. There’s many other places to make extra money without having to worry about having no rights. Many other posts of this same nature. Anywhere else you at least have the right to tell your side and defend yourself.

Pros

Cons

Slave labour

Fair

Work at uber just for fun,it can't be helpful in your life,they didn't given any benefits and support even if you hard work, with small small things they will blame you

Pros

No thing

Cons

No thing

Flexible to work for

Uber is a good place to work when you have other things going on in ones life, however there's so much competition . But requiring future or current drivers to use a 3 or 5 years old vehicle is not cool because most of these drivers can barely make ends meats.

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

long or short hours are ok especially because of the stiff competition.

Only good as a part time job

I am a student and Uber gave me flexibility with work, I can start or finish my shift anytime i want to. That's the only positive with Uber. Overall it's not worth it, long hours, vehicle depreciation, fuel costs doesn't make things easier for you. Pay is way too low and they don't even bother paying any penalty rate for driving in snow storm or anything like that or going out of area. A trip of 100kms will make you Canadian $75 only and then you will hardly get anything on your way back so you are driving for like 200 kms for just $75. And worst thing is they don't tell you exactly about customer's review and there's no option to let them explain your side of story. Any customer can give you 1 star and your rating will slide down straight away without any query or explanation. I got 2015 Honda and it's regularly serviced and is washed everyday and once a customer complaints to uber that the car is not road worthy and gave me 1 star. How on the earth is that possible that a car inspected by Uber's recommended work shop is not road worthy? Uber is a joke.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay, high fuel prices, long hours, no penalty rates, no feedback option on customer's review.

They lie about the earnings

When you sign the contract, they told you, you will get the 75% of the ride, that is totally lie , you get like 40-50% like is nothing to compare how much money you have to add ( gas, insurance, cell phone, repairs )

Pros

Drunk people

Cons

Flexible schedule

Ability to set own hours, fun, meet interesting people.

I enjoyed my time driving. Knowing the areas that clients request enhances ability for quicker response and dropoff time.I didn't have a lot of contact with main office, but when I did, issues were handled for the most part responsibly and quickly.

Pros

Setting own hours

Cons

Best time to make optimal money not optimal times to drive.

It was very good job

Every single day you can work good experiences working with different people. Learn about the social. I love my job. And very comfortable, flexible for me to make money.

Good and fun

I like it and very supportive, good money helping you out of your problems............. you meeting new people everyday.....…….... you’ll like it easy job..........

Not worthy

Its damages your car, lifestyle, even if drivers die uber never cares. They will block you for silly reasons. At the beginning you will get tons of calls decent income you will see, after a month or two its on your luck. UberEats is okay. As part-time 1-2days its okay to drive but never fir full time. Nah. And benefits ha ha ha. Worst worst worst customer service. Think before you drive.

Pros

City tour

Not enough money

Keep driving, keep picking up so many customers, work hard but you won't get enough money for your skills, time, fuel for your car, car's maintenance [oil change, tires etc. etc.] It is only customer oriented job , not for drivers , drivers have to get own car, own phone and data and all related expenses they have to take care. And after just small period of time your car's value 🚗 the one was bought high price will only be half price soon. No other benefits either. Just trying to go back to my old job.

Pros

Fast money, flexible schedule

Cons

Less wage, no benefits, big responsibility to give safe ride, no car maintenance and fuel coverage, too much hard work, resale value of car going down fast. Same price to customers even though there's too much snow, rain.

Environnement

Uber c'est pas une entreprise où l'on peut faire carrière. Rien n'est garanti. Ils peuvent te bloquer du jour au lendemain sans rien te donner.

Pros

La flexibilité

Cons

Pas des avantages sociaux

Never recommended working at uber

As a taxi driver you will pay your gaz your time and your car millage nothing its really not worth working with Uber take care of your time and your car dont wast to Uber

Working for the management

By using drivers car, gas and time uber making money for them. The worst company I ever worked. Same thing in case of uber eats also. if you have no job, having a car, then go to work with uber, you will get paid for your gas.

Pros

flexibility in time

Cons

your car, your gas, your time, good money for uber with no expense

Slave plantation

Uber started out as a great company to work for but gradually dwindled in its capacity forcing drivers to work like slaves instead of independent contractors. The cost of delivery and the route is not given until the passenger or food is picked up.The rate is the same as picking up the food on a bicycle.Moreover, they force drivers to deliver in Condos and Apartments with no regard to their safety and the time wasted waiting for an elevator.I would never recommend working for Uber

Pros

Good drivers

Cons

No flexibility and no transparency

Possibly the worst company I’ve ever worked for

Extremely low pay and they continued to lower the pay to the point where it was not possible to make money.For example: they lowered the base pay down to $3. Per delivery, with an option to take an extra delivery at the same time (usually from a different restaurant) and add, i kid you not, $0.56 to your total payout. So 2 deliveries for $3.56. Work/life balance is non-existent as you will have to spend every waking hour on the road trying to get by in life.Uber does not care about their drivers. Their main plan is to replace their human drivers with autonomous vehicles. Not recommended to even my worst of enemies.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Low Pay, poor management, no benefits, no hourly wage, you cover all expenses. Just a garbage job.

Airports

Drivering with the Uber is the best flexible.You can make good money.Enjoy driving the city and out side city.You meat many people from deferent areas.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Full time and part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.2K