UBC

UBC Management reviews

Working for the UBC IT Service Centre as a coop student was a great learning experience. I was able to help customers over email and the phone for issues relating to UBC electronic infrastructure.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Salary could be better
Great place to work provided you get along with your bosses. If you don't they can, and do, fire for no reason whatsoever. If you run into a bully they give lip-service to anti-bullying but wont' help you.
UBC is so focused on getting international students and charging them more for tuition that they are ignoring the staff. We have had minimal to zero raises for years. The benefits are great, but we can't eat on benefits or pay our rent with our benefits. The management raises are stupidly out of touch, and the gap between high-level office staff and low-level management is widening to the point of discouragement. I am looking for work elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
don't negotiate fairly for office staff salaries
not very good. bad management. never gonna work there. horrible experience. good thing was employees were nice. good worker but not that good place for first timers
A very good place to work indeed. But if you ever work past 10 years... There will be no opportunities to move up. They will hire the young and inexperienced to manage so they can pay them a low wage. Employees that have been there long term, do not often get the opportunity to learn anything new. Not even management are given the title or proper wage to manage. Good if you are young and single. A depressing job to wake up to when you've been their for a while. There are no employee goal motivations.
Pros
Good benefits