UBC

UBC Employee Reviews

administration is brutal

Increasingly resources are being devoted to administration (new hires and salaries) and not faculty and student initiatives. Administration is not fair.

Pros

decent salaries and benefits

Cons

administration

Friendly management

Management was always ready to listen and help with problems or if you needed help or extra resources during training. Very understanding if having trouble understanding a new job.

Pros

Free lunches, asked what they could do to help

Cons

Loss of contracts

The bad

This company is so mismanaged. The coworkers are great people but they cant keep anyone because the management is terrible. The workload is unrealistic and continues to get worse day by day. Do not apply. I wish i hadnt.

great place

love it a lot, met a lot of amazing people as a research assistant. also appreciate the fact that I was able to gain experience in a world-renowned institution.

Very fast past

From the time you get to work you are on the floor running. Great learning experiences but you are busy. You barely have time for breaks but my coworkers are very helpful when needed so we support each other.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

limited breaks

Learning Specialist

I lost my job on the contract so I lost the job but that wasn't the companies fault. I loved working there and would go back in a minute. Amazing mangers and amazing training team!

Focused CRO

Charge clients high prices for mediocre quality work. They say they listen to employees, but they don't. No job promotion -opportunities. If you aren't a kiss up to management, you're not gonna be lucky. Gender imbalanced managment. Many women.

Pros

lunch flexibility

Cons

meetings scheduled outside of core hours, management takes employees for stooges, management not professional

This company has zero communication!

This is a terrible place to work as there is minimal job security as there are lay-offs every couple months. Within a company there should constant communication; however; there is zero communication from senior leadership and they are quick to place blame on others when they do not fulfill their requirements. In my opinion, the president of the company puts his desire for making more money ahead of making decisions for his employees and their professional advancements. Also, the HR team is a joke as they are the most unqualified people I’ve ever met-especially the VP of HR. Her resume does not reflect training, education, knowledge or experience to have her at the VP level. Beware before excepting an offer from this organization!!!

Pros

Work flexibility, pay is decent

Cons

Everything else!!!

hostile work environment

Expect you to know what you are doing without proper training. Management knows nothing and then blames you if you follow what they tell you. Just a horrible place to work.

Pros

Cons

Glad to be out of there

Very good atmosphere to work at. All my coworkers are all super nice and welcoming like a family.

I work as a coach for the adult swim club and I also teach private lessons to children. I enjoy teaching basic swimming skills to those who are still learning and would otherwise not know what they are doing. The atmosphere around the pool deck is unlike anything I have ever experienced.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UBC?

Отзыв

Из вас выжмут все соки. Разрядов не дают, премий не бывает, потому что план никогда не выполняется. Всё по звонку как на зоне. Ваша квалификация и стаж работы никого не интересует. Могут кинуть на другую работу по 3 раза на день. Находишься в постоянном стрессе. Бытовые условия нормальные. Раздевалка, столовая, туалеты.

Poor management

Poor management, Schedule is not flexible, Great training classes , poor HR and poor workflow.I do not recommend this job for long term opportunities.

Flexible work environment

UBC is a great place to work at. Flexible working schedules and open minded working culture. I recommend others to try working there. Hard part is there is limited wellness checks as folks are always busy

Communication

I love the job and co-workers, but there is some room for improvement with leadership. The lack of communication about changes, makes it difficult as well.

Pros

Pay and flexible schedules, great location, and client based

Cons

Communication, leadership

very good experience

Learn how to program in hardware language such as Verilog. Intensive group work experience. Design robots and automatic machines. Analyze and build circuits.

Fantastic

Amazing work life balance. Great senior leadership. Many opportunities to become engaged in various working groups. Amazing continuous training provided.

Good

Union benefits, and you can work and go to class at the same time It was great to be able to work with good colleagues, and you get more time in the school enviroment

Government entity's

Nothing much only tell individuals once you granted a chance to work in govt plz grab it coz there are more chances to develop than private companies.

It is productive but working within this kind of institution is also draining. There is not a lot of job movement unless you plan on working for UBC for awhile.

great training

lacking salary and no pension people come and go fast so always working with different people with different skill levels always have work but feel like not paid for what you know

Great place to work provided you get along with your bosses. If you don't they can, and do, fire for no reason whatsoever. If you run into a bully they give lip-service to anti-bullying but wont' help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement