UBC logo
UBC

UBC

UBC Employee Review

I work as a coach for the adult swim club and I also teach private lessons to children. I enjoy teaching basic swimming skills to those who are still learning and would otherwise not know what they are doing. The atmosphere around the pool deck is unlike anything I have ever experienced.

5.0Job security/advancement

administration is brutal

Increasingly resources are being devoted to administration (new hires and salaries) and not faculty and student initiatives. Administration is not fair.

Pros

decent salaries and benefits

Cons

administration

great place

love it a lot, met a lot of amazing people as a research assistant. also appreciate the fact that I was able to gain experience in a world-renowned institution.

Flexible work environment

UBC is a great place to work at. Flexible working schedules and open minded working culture. I recommend others to try working there. Hard part is there is limited wellness checks as folks are always busy
  • UBC
  • Very good atmosphere to work at. All my coworkers are all super nice and welcoming like a family.