UPS Employee Reviews

n/a
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
UPS is a international Company used for shipping mails and parcels. Excellent company to work for, good management, wonderful employees and a pleasure to work at.
Mechanic
310T Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 November 2017
Lol this place is a joke
Pay is 28 dallors to start
Management could not manage fixing a bicycle let alone a car or truck .
Supervisors and managers don't care at all about workers , all they care about is over working employees, to get there bonuses .
As a mechanic you start from 830 pm to 5 am , so say good bye to your family! And don't think your going to get days it takes about 14 to 16 years

All in all stay away .
Air walker
Air Walker/Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2017
Delivering parcels door to door to commercial/businesses and residential.
Hardest part of the job is walking with about 20-40lbs of parcel in a cart trying to deliver them by foot on a summer day
Satisfying feeling when you put a smile on peoples faces once they receive their valuables
Very Productive
Shift Lead / Pre-Loader (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2017
It's was a place of fast pace environment. It was a short 4 hour shift that seem to go by quickly. It was a great experience to work for a delivering company .
coworkers
Customs Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2017
The reason why I have lasted at UPS SCS for so long is because of my coworkers, they have become family to me. So caring, kind and really there for each other.
Cheats seasonal workers
Delivery Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 November 2017
Temporary job but still pay union dues.

As much as I believe in unions, this is a temporary position which offers no protection or possible service.

You use your own car and gas without compensation for deliveries.

Also, if you get into a car accident while rushing around town making deliveries, your insurance will not cover you since you are using it for work.
Pros
Pays minimum wage
Cons
Temp, you pay fees and use own car
Lots to do, lots to learn- overall a good experience in retail
Store Sales Associate / Jr. IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FL4 November 2017
It's never boring to work- the hours are manageable and go by fast. I learned a lot about shipping and packaging. Management could be more mature. It's a pretty easy job once you learn everything that needs to be done, but it's a whirlwind up to that.
Fast pace environment
Package Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
a very busy and fast pace environment, time management a priority...Energetic and always on the move. Never a dull moment.. Working under unfavorable weather condition and circumstance. New challenges every single day...
Pros
Self development
Cons
A good place to get experience and learn a few things
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON25 October 2017
Overall a good place to work. Typical warehouse envoronment. Unionized with good pay, perks and benefits. They also promote within and the company is global.
Great work enviorment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Great enviorment to be in one of the best places to be everyone always happy everyone always smiling and eveyone helping each other multicultural environment
not employee friendly
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 October 2017
arrogant management. the management believe in one way communication. there is no space for two way communication. the lowest level staff is treated like machines. would not recommend anybody to work for this company.
Honte du taux horaire
Aide-livreur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 October 2017
Aux tarifs que vous prenez pour envoyer des colis ou des enveloppes... :-(
Vous êtes pas capable UPS de payer plus que ça ... Vous avez pas honte ???
Vos dirigeants eux se gavent en $$$$ sur le dos de qui hein...
TERMINER UPS
Great people, Great Customers
Regional Manager- Air/Ocean Freight Division (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
My role at UPS SCS was 7 x 24 x 365. It was a demanding yet very rewarding company to work for. I enjoyed grooming our future leaders. The training I received over my career was excellent and I continue to use the many practices I learned through this training today.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Interactive, meet people & build relations
Manager Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
Great job to enhance customer relation skills and how to up-sell products.

Very creative as every customer has its own set of requirements and you need to give them their desired product / package.
Pros
Discounted shipping
Cons
Limited mobility
Over worked and underpaid
Walker/Helper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 October 2017
I was a hired as a seasonal walker for the christmas season. Loved being outside and busy. But the union dues for a seasonal worker are ridiculous. First you should not even come close to paying the dues of a part time worker or if any. You pay exactly what a part time worker would pay even though your hours will vary week to week (4-28hrs). When they take off union dues sometimes you are left with nothing!! Remember your paid minimum wage!! Also the criminal record check is a joke. They make you pay for it but don't give you any proof that it was ever done.
Pros
Drivers are great. Appreciate how hard they work.
Cons
Not worth the money. Union takes the highest percentage.
Good job, but needs better management
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
UPS had a great environment, they paid very well and they had many time slots available for employees to work. Overall a good place to work, but the management needs to learn how to communicate with the employees.
Fast paced, fun work enviorment
SEASONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
I was a seasonal delivery driver. Got all my training done in a week and a couple more late I had my route. It was hard work but I liked it because I got paid a fair wage.
Pros
Solid Pay
Cons
Work here at your own peril
Front-Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 October 2017
This isn't a very desirable job. Especially at management level. starting wages are terrible and the work culture is negative. Saying that, this is one of the few part time jobs that provide a decent benefits package after 90 working days. once you reach top rate you can make ok money. They take on more than they can handle as a company.
Pros
benefits for part time employees
Cons
pay rate and company culture
Summary
Hub worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 October 2017
Good company to work for, was flexible with hours and lots of overtime and promotional opportunities which allowed to advance quickly, Pay was not adequate to the work done and ended up leaving for more money.
Very Hard, dirty work.
Air & package car driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
I worked as an international air-driver so I got a transport Canada Clearance Pass. Learned the rules for customs documentation,; became a package-car-driver and found it too heavy of a work load being a new-mother and full time heavy job. I loved the job, just couldn't do EVERYTHING I wanted to do at the time.
Pros
Free uniforms/ with laundry
Cons
X-mas brutally long hours, not enough family time then.

59.2K