UPS Employee Reviews

Fun but depend on your supervisor
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON20 May 2018
Environment most times get very busy and fun to work but not interesting when the flow of work from the lines are slow because staff may be ask to round up.
Beautiful
Seasonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 May 2018
Working with UPS has been an honour, all of my co workers, and supervisors are amazing. Very healthy and professional environment to work within. The Company is very efficient.
Was treated terribly
Walker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 May 2018
When i worked here i was treated unfairly and was forced to risk my own safety multiple times. I was made to walk through the bay doors, and i was also made to jump out of a moving vehicle by one of the drivers. when I brought it up no one did a thing. just say that because i lived a fair amount away they wouldn't have hired me in the first place.
acceptable place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 May 2018
A good place to work temporarily only. Only thing good about this company is that its a union job with extremely very good benefits. Its a good place for someone who wants to work part time or anyone close to retirement age. Starting pay is minimum until 2 years and isn't worth working for that much for the amount of work that is given.
Pros
free dinner occasionaly
Cons
5 hour shiifts sometimes less with the pay rate of $11/h
Won't work there again
former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Training sucks, supervisor is worry more for going home early rather than training you properly. Got let go the second week because I did 100 stops in 12 hours, what do they expect from me in such a short time and horrible training and extreme pressure????
Pros
good money unless you have an accident
Cons
everything you can imagine as BAD!!!!!!!
Soul-draining
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
The work is far too difficult for the measly, barely-above-minimum wage that they give. You must work Monday to Friday but are only guaranteed 15 hours a week, however you are expected to have full time availabilities (you could be working anywhere between noon and 7pm). They demand nearly impossible goals that are basically never met by anyone, such as 950 packages sorted per hour in small sort (when most average 600-700) or 250 packages when loading trucks (which I don't believe I've ever seen reached - closest was just over 200). Goals like this that require so much effort are insulting when they refuse to pay anything above a poverty wage to the package handlers. Instead of a decent wage, they'll often buy pizza or enter you in a raffle to win an iPad or things like this, but these things do not pay the bills.

The plus side is that there is the chance for mobility, but few people I work with are even interested in positions such as supervisor as they all see how much stress they go through. Everyone is stretched thin since the company only wants to have the absolute minimum number of employees available at any given time.
Pros
Pizza occasionally?
Cons
Everything else
Great job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON8 May 2018
Work the hours you can work, get trained
Friendly staff, great place to work, paid weekly
part time or full time hours
night or day time shifts
some typing and writing
they didnt train me right
Package Handler/ In-Store representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I dealt with a lot of nonsense in the niagara location, but there could be some better locations, if the management and training was better then it could have worked out.
Very enjoyable experience
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
This gave me a look at how much goes into delivering packages to customers and how important it is to get it done right. I got a good idea on how packages are delivered in the order they should be.
excellente entrprise, fortement recommandée
Commis de bureau (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2018
Excellente entreprise, équilibre de vie professionnelle, personnel, avantages sociaux, sécurité de l'emploi, évolution de carrière, management et culture de l'entreprise.
Pros
avantages sociaux, personelle, évolution de carrière, équilivre vie profesionelle
Cons
mal situé ( loin de tous resaurant)
Limits your ability to be yourself
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 April 2018
I worked at UPS in the call center and it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had while working. I was told that I had to have either blond, brown, black or natural red hair. I also had to wear long sleeve shirts, foundation to cover my skin and sometimes arm wraps because you are not allowed to have tattoos there. Keep in mind, this is a call center where literally ZERO customers enter. You were also required to wear Business attire and I DO NOT mean business casual. There reasoning being that the "owners" were old school type gentlemen.
On my first day I had employees give me the run down on what senior staff I could approach and which ones I could not. Which was weird for me because senior staff should always be available for their employees.
When my contract was over, I waited 8 MONTHS for my ROE. I ended up calling the main head quarters, I do believe it was in Texas. They then contacted the call center and I had my ROE within a day.
I would never recommend this company for employment to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor environment
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 April 2018
Broad training and experience new things coming into the market so learning never stops. different type of clients coming in for all sorts of jobs from basic shipping and printing to large custom jobs
Efficient and professional work environment
UPS Office Administrator / Broker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2018
I worked in a brokerage office for United Parcel Service, Canada in Manitoba. The employees are all wonderful -- everyone is extremely understanding and helpful. The office is generally a positive environment -- I felt constantly motivated to learn more and take on more tasks.

I very much enjoyed my work experience with UPS, Canada. Although, I had to resign from my position as an administrator/broker for personal reasons.

I would recommend this position to anyone that enjoys working in an efficient and tightly-knit office environment.
Pros
Understanding and professional workers.
Cons
Almost exclusively part-time work.
Great Place to Work
Senior/Head Designer - Consulting (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 April 2018
Loves working at The UPS Store. Worked with amazing positive people in a fast paced environment. Long hours with tons of rewards and lifetime clients and relationships built. Daily deadlines met head on. A very artistic and creative environment, that I was able to really push myself for the best artwork I could provide to the beat of my abilities.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Busy place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 April 2018
Basically just coming in and going to your station to either unload or sort packages. Some days are really hard because we don't have enough employees to handle the volume.
busy retail workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 April 2018
Definitely a good environment for a first job. You learn a lot of vital skills and how to deal with clients, think on your feet and work with others.
Pros
learning skills, busy
Cons
low pay
Nice place to work
Warehouse Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
Good company policies. I have not worked here for a long time yet but the staff is friendly and the it is a good place to work.

This is the first time ai ever worked in a warehouse
Pros
Good safety policies
Good Drivers, Atrocious Management
UPS Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2018
The UPS Drivers I worked alongside were largely good people doing an honest job. Sometimes rough around the edges, but it's a job that needs some tough skin at times. If you're helpful, they greatly appreciate you. And I've had great conversations on the drive to the next delivery location.

Job security was apparently fine if you were a driver.

Management was absolutely terrible. As a helper, they had me doing random jobs in the warehouse without training and with little guidance. They were unwilling to hire more drivers even when package volume reached record levels. No GPS, trucks are often not sufficient to deal with Canadian Weather. Packages often were not sorted properly job to the trucks, meaning the routes drivers were given were inefficient, costing time and causing stress.

Helper manager was unhelpful and often nowhere to be found. Warehouse manager often was wandering around on their phone, barely looking at who was working. Morale was consistently bad in the warehouse.

The actual job is fine if tough work. The neglectful management makes it much worse than it needs to be.
Pros
Good Coworkers, Honest Work
Cons
Poor management, Needlessly Stressful
Youngsters' exercise
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Pretty Phisical work should be done during the early morning hours. If you have cholesterol problem, it is a nice place for regular work-out. Pay is not bad.
Pros
Part time/Good pay
Cons
You would be tired for the rest of the day
Well known company with all but good things to say
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2018
Is staying focused on what I am assigned to doing for the day
Pay attention so I wont forget later
Pace myself dont work to hard
Put in great effort an be a team player
Is what to pack for my lunches
Is that I work for a company that will appreciate me as will them
Pros
I have a not so high stress environment
Cons
I am happy

510K