UPS Employee Reviews

Found 747 reviews matching the search See all 29,254 reviews
loader /unloader
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC23 August 2018
i loaded and unload truck and did scanning the packages had breaks and i was working my best to able to get the job done every day i was there and the workers and boss was very nice
great place to work
International Export Specialist / customs (Current Employee) –  on site at Bombarider transportation / st-bruno21 August 2018
I work for UPS-SCS however I am on-site at Bombardier transportation.
It's a great place to work with an excellent team.
the hours are flexible and they are very family oriented.
Pros
flexible hours
ups
Seasonal walker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 August 2018
I loved working as a seasonal walker. I helped the driver. My most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people when I delivered packages. Hardest part of the job was clients that were unhappy with your services- if we missed a package and came back with it later in the day or clients expecting us to wait while they got their packages to send.
Work place with poor communication & horrible management
Vehicle shifter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Worked here for 3 months. Posting says 4-5 hrs but only worked for 3. The 3 hrs are supposed to be guaranteed hrs (which was alright). When you're done early, great still get the 3 hrs.... supposed to be but not with the supervisor who never fixed your hrs. You'll find your cheque to be short 30-45 minute if you decide to go home early & clock-out when the job is done. Supervisor always wait the last minute before finding someone to cover a shift when someone called in sick. Doesn't communicate what's going on on a daily basis.

If you live across the city it's not worth the drive just to work for 3 hours. Otherwise you'll be spending more in gas and at the same time it will ruin your evening lifestyle for a minimum wage.
Pros
Good student job
Cons
Horrible Supervisor, the job is difficult to do in winter.
DOCK MARSHALL & DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 August 2018
A very good place to work and learn.
Management gives you ample opportunity to learn.
Flexibility for working hours.
Good benefits.
Good bonus and incentives
Pros
Barabaque, twice in a year
Excellent company overall.
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2018
UPS is an amazing company to work for. The company has been in business for 100+ years, so there is definitely job security. Advancement opportunities are available, depending on where you work (lots in the package centers, not so much in customer service.)
UPS is very focused on environmental and community improvements and they make a real effort to reduce their carbon footprint.
Pay is average, but benefits are exceptional.
Management is complacent so there aren't many training opportunities for team leads at my site because they seem to be happy with the status quo. Additionally, Management doesn't have any hands on training, so they don't really know what the front line employees do.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, amazing benefits package.
Cons
Management needs a switch up
Fun workplace
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 August 2018
Good workplace, people were friendly, the workers are really on you and make sure your task is completed on time before going home. Lunch room was the best part.
Pros
lunchroom
Energetic
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Punctual, responsible, educated,
I have been involved in educational tutoring mathematics, physlcs , chemistry. Do work out regularly. In twenty years I was almost never late my attendance was almost hundred percent Effort at the job is more than hundred percent. For example , recently advised a supervisor that his procedure may not be safe and showed him safe work methods
Pros
Energetic, educated
2nd interview for nothing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 August 2018
You should not make the person come for the 2nd time if you are not even going to hire that person. I was expecting it since the HR really liked me. You just wasted my time UPS! Never again!
Fast paced and physically demanding
Courier Driver, UPS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
If you don't mind working hard ,with tight deadlines and long hours this is the job for you. Pays well, decent benefits and pension.
Very physically demanding (upto 150lbs)usually with very little help, Very fast paced. You will learn the most from your mistakes which is unfortunate but true here.I've been here over a decade and very little changes except the faces in charge. Christmas season is the hardest. My spouse refers to herself as a UPS widow at this time.You must be good at following rules and follow all the little guidences they inforce. The truck has a telematics system that sinks with the Diad(device you scan packages with) so thay can tell every little move you make, Time is money here and they ride you for any unexplained gaps in time. I do basically enjoy my job. However the work/ home life ratio is very poor.
200 Stops per day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
If you want to be poorly paid, overworked and complete 200 stops per day this is the place. The benefits weren’t too bad and it is unionized but you have to keep in mind that the human body can only take so much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Extremely Heavy Packages
terrible place to work for
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  2900 steeles ave29 July 2018
I worked at ups in vaughan for 7 years. At ups its a zoo in there they treat employees like garbage also customers packages were thrown and handled rough even stolen at times and missorted. The pay is terrible for such a physical demanding job and the hours range from 3-5 hours they are very disrespectful and expect you to be a slave and they are racist and discriminate people and the working conditions in ups are not safe with packages falling off conveyor belts from the top. Please do yourself a favor stay away from this company as it would eventually cost you health in the long run.
Pros
there is no pro for working here
Cons
hours, management, unsafe work environment, dusty warehouse, extremely cold or hot
Excellent Company
Associate; Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2018
Great company, minimal politics, generous work/life flexibility. I'd highly recommend this place to learn the ins and outs of business development, sales, and working in a large company.
fun workplace
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 July 2018
a typical day at work. decent work flow. foresperson is nice and easy to work with. i leaned about there package vehicle. one thing about the position that is hard for me is the shifts
Pros
good place good people
Cons
A nice job with some sporadic hours.
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador23 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at UPS however I had to leave because of the nature of the hours (occasionally shifts would start at 2 AM) and while I was still in school at the time it just made more sense to focus on that rather than the job.
Pros
Great Management, Free snacks on break.
Cons
Weird and sporadic hours.
Time goes fast,
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
Excellent for hours and pay, especially overtime pay. Hard work, keeps you busy and in decent shape. Fun to work with others, treated well by management.
Amazing Company
Peer Mentor / Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2018
UPS in hands down the best company to work for. They have amazing benefits, internal advancement, and the supervisors treat their employees with respect. All of the drivers I have met have a great attitude. Even though the job is somewhat physically demanding, it's a pleasure to go to work every day.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay Scale
Cons
Early/ Odd hours
fun work place with great owner
cashier on weekends (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2018
its great and a fun place to work and the owner is nice at shows you gently how to adjust and get comfortable with the work place although the customers are some times mean. i would recommend 10/10.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
customers
unbalanced work loads
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2018
Supervisors push you to work at your limit. Can be fun if you like competition for unloading, not very hard work but extremly fast paced and repetitive.
Pros
Union
Cons
Union
Good place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2018
I worked at UPS for 23 years .
The treatment was well.
Had to resign because of the commute.
Worked as an associate.
is picking, packing, dispatching, drove the walkie, loaded and off-loaded trucks, worked in returns. Performed most tasks required in a warehouse setting.
Pros
flexible

510.6K