UPS Employee Reviews

Limits your ability to be yourself
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 April 2018
I worked at UPS in the call center and it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had while working. I was told that I had to have either blond, brown, black or natural red hair. I also had to wear long sleeve shirts, foundation to cover my skin and sometimes arm wraps because you are not allowed to have tattoos there. Keep in mind, this is a call center where literally ZERO customers enter. You were also required to wear Business attire and I DO NOT mean business casual. There reasoning being that the "owners" were old school type gentlemen.
On my first day I had employees give me the run down on what senior staff I could approach and which ones I could not. Which was weird for me because senior staff should always be available for their employees.
When my contract was over, I waited 8 MONTHS for my ROE. I ended up calling the main head quarters, I do believe it was in Texas. They then contacted the call center and I had my ROE within a day.
I would never recommend this company for employment to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor environment
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 April 2018
Broad training and experience new things coming into the market so learning never stops. different type of clients coming in for all sorts of jobs from basic shipping and printing to large custom jobs
Efficient and professional work environment
UPS Office Administrator / Broker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2018
I worked in a brokerage office for United Parcel Service, Canada in Manitoba. The employees are all wonderful -- everyone is extremely understanding and helpful. The office is generally a positive environment -- I felt constantly motivated to learn more and take on more tasks.

I very much enjoyed my work experience with UPS, Canada. Although, I had to resign from my position as an administrator/broker for personal reasons.

I would recommend this position to anyone that enjoys working in an efficient and tightly-knit office environment.
Pros
Understanding and professional workers.
Cons
Almost exclusively part-time work.
Great Place to Work
Senior/Head Designer - Consulting (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 April 2018
Loves working at The UPS Store. Worked with amazing positive people in a fast paced environment. Long hours with tons of rewards and lifetime clients and relationships built. Daily deadlines met head on. A very artistic and creative environment, that I was able to really push myself for the best artwork I could provide to the beat of my abilities.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Busy place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 April 2018
Basically just coming in and going to your station to either unload or sort packages. Some days are really hard because we don't have enough employees to handle the volume.
busy retail workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 April 2018
Definitely a good environment for a first job. You learn a lot of vital skills and how to deal with clients, think on your feet and work with others.
Pros
learning skills, busy
Cons
low pay
Nice place to work
Warehouse Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
Good company policies. I have not worked here for a long time yet but the staff is friendly and the it is a good place to work.

This is the first time ai ever worked in a warehouse
Pros
Good safety policies
Good Drivers, Atrocious Management
UPS Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2018
The UPS Drivers I worked alongside were largely good people doing an honest job. Sometimes rough around the edges, but it's a job that needs some tough skin at times. If you're helpful, they greatly appreciate you. And I've had great conversations on the drive to the next delivery location.

Job security was apparently fine if you were a driver.

Management was absolutely terrible. As a helper, they had me doing random jobs in the warehouse without training and with little guidance. They were unwilling to hire more drivers even when package volume reached record levels. No GPS, trucks are often not sufficient to deal with Canadian Weather. Packages often were not sorted properly job to the trucks, meaning the routes drivers were given were inefficient, costing time and causing stress.

Helper manager was unhelpful and often nowhere to be found. Warehouse manager often was wandering around on their phone, barely looking at who was working. Morale was consistently bad in the warehouse.

The actual job is fine if tough work. The neglectful management makes it much worse than it needs to be.
Pros
Good Coworkers, Honest Work
Cons
Poor management, Needlessly Stressful
Youngsters' exercise
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Pretty Phisical work should be done during the early morning hours. If you have cholesterol problem, it is a nice place for regular work-out. Pay is not bad.
Pros
Part time/Good pay
Cons
You would be tired for the rest of the day
Well known company with all but good things to say
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2018
Is staying focused on what I am assigned to doing for the day
Pay attention so I wont forget later
Pace myself dont work to hard
Put in great effort an be a team player
Is what to pack for my lunches
Is that I work for a company that will appreciate me as will them
Pros
I have a not so high stress environment
Cons
I am happy
Worst work place
Loader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 April 2018
Lets start with the supervisors clearly need help from head office with organizing floor setup.
Second thing is you, the loader who start work 1/2 hour after everybody else so you have packages put in your truck that didn't not get counted. Then you get to pick-up your package from conveyor belt that weigh up 149lbs by yourself and sort out the one's left from the person who started your job. You have three trucks to load and four more around the corner which you put down the conveyor belt for another co-worker. Sounds easy but if you don't know the streets then you are screwed because they don't give you all the street. The next is to set up the truck for the driver, and that is not easy because you don't know if manger are going to move the driver's around. Some trucks have labels where the package goes and another's don't. It depends on the driver and how they like it set up in the truck. This work place is stressful, unorganized and needs to stop yelling at each other on the floor.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized mismanaged stressful workplace
Fast paced working enviornment
Scanning and Pre-loader (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB7 April 2018
I got to meet new people at my workplace who were very welcoming and helped me improve at my job by providing me with feedback.

The working environment was fast-paced.
Pros
Experience
Tres demandant
Chauffeur Livreur (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC5 April 2018
Cette emploi est pour ceux qui aime travailler des 12h/jour
productive fast-paced work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 April 2018
Each day is a new adventure, with its own challenges.
I've learned that everyone is replaceable, regardless of your position.
In 9 years, I've had 3 different managers. Being a supervisor, I've also had the privaledge of interacting with management from other departments. They are all task oriented.
The workplace culture is diverse, and multicultural, at some depots more than others.
The hardest part of the job is maintaing the numbers, making my shift look good in the reports based on performance of their tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the other employees during training, or going out on road to learn the various delivery areas.
Pros
good benefits package for pt employees
Cons
Productive and great working experience
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON31 March 2018
Great working environment. Very friendly staff. Positive attitudes. There is always something to do when arriving at the workplace. Work will be non stop but there will be breaks when timing is available.
Horrible place of work
Warehouse Associate 2 (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2018
Horrible horrible company. Management treats workers like slaves and its all about productivity. Will not tell anyone to ever work here. Nobody knows what there doing.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Ups
Loader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
ups is a nice place to work, the hours a good and the people are friendly, but for the work they have you doing its not worth the pay, the factory itself needs some cleaning its pretty gross
Productive and friendlyenvironment
Trailer Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Manageable hours with weekly pay. It's a nice side job if you're looking for a little extra cash.
Promotions are in-house making it easier for those who have been in the company to climb the higher up the ranks.
Teamwork is essential, everybody has their own part to play.
Fast Pace and great way to stay in shape
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
A good way to get into shape, good work hours, and not a lot of stress. Good environment to work in and you get a lot of knowledge on how to properly lift and put things away. they help you with school tuition and you get benefits.
Pros
benefits, tuition, wage increase
Cons
dusty, a lot of lifting, all by hand, no help
Good benefits and team oriented
Administrator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
The HR professional was very helpful and kind. She tried to get a suitable place and also made the whole process very easy. My colleagues (the drivers I worked with) were awesome people and always eager to help. Great relationship with those guys.

59.7K