UPS Employee Reviews

Found 717 reviews matching the search See all 27,967 reviews
Productive Stores
Toronto, Ontario, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
I learned so much at the UPS Stores. They provided me with the bulk of my experience, in using their Point of System software, their customer service, and the interacting with customers.
a lot of insatisfaction amoung employee
CUSTOMS RATER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2018
A typical day at work, stressful. you learn most of the time on your own, despite the training provide online, monthly. the management is mainly impolite. the multiculture aspect is at 100%, employee from all over the place. the hardest part of the job is to be push to the limit and work in a team missing members, and being treated as a #
Pros
Average heath benefits
Cons
Dress code, 99.5% of the employee insatisfied \Salary 98.5% insatisfied
Fun to work
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 September 2018
Its fun to work for UPS, lot of learning, and good co-workers who care about each other. It gets busy during December , and management has to go out and help delivering packages but it takes us closer to our service providers (backbone of the organization) and help us understand our customers even better. Culture of giving back to the community you work in is something I am very proud of.
Careful , Think twice.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  British Columbia6 September 2018
Please take into consideration before applying to this company how many job ads you have seen . The more ads you see the more turn over of staff they have.

More often staff is being hired = more hostile and unpleasant the environment.

If one wants to argue Ups offers a great medical coverage plan I will say you won't need to pay into it because your income will be so low . Most of your medical will be covered by the government.

* Billion dollar company more than happy to pay a low wage and constantly hire staff * something to take into consideration.

Keep your expectations of management very low. Very low.
Pros
Money (some) few great people.
Cons
Lacks every good job quality one would want and hope for from their employer
Very enjoyable and upbeat
Operation Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
Every day was super busy and full of different challenges all the time. I learned that you can never expect to not have work or sit around and not do anything. I also learned how to become an office manager and organize my work better to be successful.
Very large company with a lot of chance of advancements
Assistante Administrative I (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2018
UPS is a very large company where you feel like to be a part of a family. There is always new challenges awaiting and a lot of possibilities for advancements.
Package handler
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
Package handler tends to be a stressful job if physically unfit, or tend to deal with stressful situations unprofessionally. The job is very high paced and in moderate work space condition.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
exhausting, work conditions
Environnement de travail agréable
Administrative Assistant, Status Caller (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 September 2018
Moyenne culture d'entreprise pour les personnes avec des handicaps.
Modern day SLAVERY
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Worked here 7 months as Package Handler.
- Very Early start 4 AM
- Had to keep note of my hrs , every week they paid less hours than I had worked. Had to sit with supervisor to fix that every friday*
- Saw workers there with shoulder issues , back problems because of the heavy lifting involved
- Ruins your body
- No one who is working there or has worked there will recommend UPS
- Work getting tougher as years go on.
- Workers told me earlier the work was abt 70% of what it is now
- So they push the workers to the MAX, Daily and no Thanks, just more work next day
- Felt like a slave there
- Saw many new employees leave during my 7 months there.
- 9 out of 10 new employees leave, absolutely true.
- Min wage for such hard work was a joke, I will not even do that job for $40/hr . Not worth. Kills ur body.
- Wasted 7 months
- writing review so that u dont waste your time here.
Pros
Was Near to my home, thats it
Cons
-physically very demanding - for the mgt u r treated as a number, will ruin your health for sure
Work Environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 August 2018
The daily work environment involved working closely with people from diverse backgrounds and views as well as working independently in a fast paced environment to keep the flow of work at the desired level.
Good Business
Owner / Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 August 2018
Enjoy working with Customers & serve them efficiently ....
Running efficiently a business which offers full range of business services ….
Supervising a staff of 3 employees ….
Maintaining records, book-keeping etc. ….
-----------------------------
THE HARDEST PART MIGHT BE "less remuneration" ....
Pros
Own Manager
Cons
Long Hours
loader /unloader
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC23 August 2018
i loaded and unload truck and did scanning the packages had breaks and i was working my best to able to get the job done every day i was there and the workers and boss was very nice
great place to work
International Export Specialist / customs (Current Employee) –  on site at Bombarider transportation / st-bruno21 August 2018
I work for UPS-SCS however I am on-site at Bombardier transportation.
It's a great place to work with an excellent team.
the hours are flexible and they are very family oriented.
Pros
flexible hours
ups
Seasonal walker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 August 2018
I loved working as a seasonal walker. I helped the driver. My most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people when I delivered packages. Hardest part of the job was clients that were unhappy with your services- if we missed a package and came back with it later in the day or clients expecting us to wait while they got their packages to send.
Work place with poor communication & horrible management
Vehicle shifter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Worked here for 3 months. Posting says 4-5 hrs but only worked for 3. The 3 hrs are supposed to be guaranteed hrs (which was alright). When you're done early, great still get the 3 hrs.... supposed to be but not with the supervisor who never fixed your hrs. You'll find your cheque to be short 30-45 minute if you decide to go home early & clock-out when the job is done. Supervisor always wait the last minute before finding someone to cover a shift when someone called in sick. Doesn't communicate what's going on on a daily basis.

If you live across the city it's not worth the drive just to work for 3 hours. Otherwise you'll be spending more in gas and at the same time it will ruin your evening lifestyle for a minimum wage.
Pros
Good student job
Cons
Horrible Supervisor, the job is difficult to do in winter.
DOCK MARSHALL & DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 August 2018
A very good place to work and learn.
Management gives you ample opportunity to learn.
Flexibility for working hours.
Good benefits.
Good bonus and incentives
Pros
Barabaque, twice in a year
Excellent company overall.
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2018
UPS is an amazing company to work for. The company has been in business for 100+ years, so there is definitely job security. Advancement opportunities are available, depending on where you work (lots in the package centers, not so much in customer service.)
UPS is very focused on environmental and community improvements and they make a real effort to reduce their carbon footprint.
Pay is average, but benefits are exceptional.
Management is complacent so there aren't many training opportunities for team leads at my site because they seem to be happy with the status quo. Additionally, Management doesn't have any hands on training, so they don't really know what the front line employees do.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, amazing benefits package.
Cons
Management needs a switch up
Fun workplace
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 August 2018
Good workplace, people were friendly, the workers are really on you and make sure your task is completed on time before going home. Lunch room was the best part.
Pros
lunchroom
Energetic
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Punctual, responsible, educated,
I have been involved in educational tutoring mathematics, physlcs , chemistry. Do work out regularly. In twenty years I was almost never late my attendance was almost hundred percent Effort at the job is more than hundred percent. For example , recently advised a supervisor that his procedure may not be safe and showed him safe work methods
Pros
Energetic, educated
2nd interview for nothing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 August 2018
You should not make the person come for the 2nd time if you are not even going to hire that person. I was expecting it since the HR really liked me. You just wasted my time UPS! Never again!

510.2K