UPS Employee Review

A horrible working environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
UPS is a horrible working environment. The training is minimal but you are forced too sign a document saying that you know their procedures perfectly even when no training has been provided. The management is rude, abusive, and offers no guidance or assistance. The absolute worst part of working for them is that they assign a delivery workload that makes the day sixteen hours to complete, but as a commercial driver is only legally allowed to drive for twelve hours, that is all you get paid for! Work sixteen hours a day for twelve hours pay! Not cool at all! Management and the Teamsters union openly mock any attempt to recoup your stolen hours. Avoid this company like the plague!
Cons
Long hours working for less then you are owed while being treated like garbage by management.

Other UPS Employee Reviews

This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
Horrible management and pay
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I worked as a preloader. They don't give you enough time to load so everyone has packages piled up around all sides, making actually doing your job pretty much impossible. Peoples packages are thrown, stepped on, and treated like garbage. In an 8 hour day you get one unpaid 15 minute break (which is illegal).

They claim it's all bout teamwork, but they send most people home too early leaving one or two people to do a ridiculous amount of work. It could be done in 5 minutes if they just make everyone do it.

To top it all off they didn't pay me for the first two weeks I was there. When they did pay me it was the wrong amount and still missing one week. I talked to them multiple times and it wasn't until the fourth time they started getting it right. Although I still had to wait two weeks after that just to get my first weeks paycheque.

UPS does not care about it's workers at all.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else.

510.6K