UPS Employee Review

A horrible working environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
UPS is a horrible working environment. The training is minimal but you are forced too sign a document saying that you know their procedures perfectly even when no training has been provided. The management is rude, abusive, and offers no guidance or assistance. The absolute worst part of working for them is that they assign a delivery workload that makes the day sixteen hours to complete, but as a commercial driver is only legally allowed to drive for twelve hours, that is all you get paid for! Work sixteen hours a day for twelve hours pay! Not cool at all! Management and the Teamsters union openly mock any attempt to recoup your stolen hours. Avoid this company like the plague!
Cons
Long hours working for less then you are owed while being treated like garbage by management.

Other UPS Employee Reviews

ups
Seasonal walker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 August 2018
I loved working as a seasonal walker. I helped the driver. My most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people when I delivered packages. Hardest part of the job was clients that were unhappy with your services- if we missed a package and came back with it later in the day or clients expecting us to wait while they got their packages to send.
Work place with poor communication & horrible management
Vehicle shifter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Worked here for 3 months. Posting says 4-5 hrs but only worked for 3. The 3 hrs are supposed to be guaranteed hrs (which was alright). When you're done early, great still get the 3 hrs.... supposed to be but not with the supervisor who never fixed your hrs. You'll find your cheque to be short 30-45 minute if you decide to go home early & clock-out when the job is done. Supervisor always wait the last minute before finding someone to cover a shift when someone called in sick. Doesn't communicate what's going on on a daily basis.

If you live across the city it's not worth the drive just to work for 3 hours. Otherwise you'll be spending more in gas and at the same time it will ruin your evening lifestyle for a minimum wage.
Pros
Good student job
Cons
Horrible Supervisor, the job is difficult to do in winter.

59.7K