UPS Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 29,836 reviews
Lay off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 February 2019
If you want to go to work everyday and look at some schmucks with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but tell you to do better.
They have a HUGE turnover rate, if you don't quit you'll probably get layed off instead.
Management likes to overwork and demand way to much for what you're getting payed to start with. Do you really want to do this for four years? NO. Save your body and don't apply here, it's not exorcise is modern day slavery.
Benefits
Cons
All UPS and nothing else!
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2019
They promise the sun but deliver on nothing.

One of the worst companies I've worked for. They'll tell you anything so that you come work for them, then everything changes. They claim work/life balance, but it's all work and no life.

On average, as a driver, minimum is 10hrs per day Mon-Fri with only ONE 30min unpaid break. If you're not delivering, they will want to know why. Christmas was insane, 12hr days with your truck packed to the seams. No possible way to get it all done.

Your truck is already supposed to be loaded, organized and ready to go for the start of your shift, but never is. I spent at least 1hr of my day just organizing my truck because pre-load would just throw it (literally) into the back of the truck, then get asked what was taking me so long and why I was having down time.

They say $2 raise after 90 days... nope! It's after 90 days WORKED so it's about 5-6mths before you see that. Oh and NO benefits for the first year... yes YEAR!

They'll randomly call you to say not to come in that day because it's not very busy. Yes, they did that more than once, even though I was hired for a full time position. If they tell you to not come in, you don't get paid that day.

Management was a joke. Disorganized mess. Constantly getting msg's, misloads, meetup's for more packages, delivering out of area, changing start times and so forth. Never knew what was going on from day to day.

Culture... I never heard another driver say what a great company UPS is to work for, or anything positive about UPS. All I ever heard was complaints from miserable employees.
Pros
It's a pay check
Cons
Not a very good work environment
This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
Not difficult work not very stable hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON8 January 2019
On indeed the ad said 19$ an hour and when I got a call from ups they told me over the phone I’d be paid 19$ an hour too but all my pay stubs were 14$
Pros
They paid me
Cons
False advertising/poor communication
Lack of staff, Harsh hours, No respect
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON5 January 2019
When you first apply and go in for your interview they make promises that they will never keep. Multi billion dollar company and they pay the least compared to the competition. Can't keep staff, management is rude and lacks respect for the employees. Forget advancement or trying to even be considered for other positions people that have been here 20+ years are being overlooked for positons so that they can hire part time people. Signs of appreciaton are very far and few between. Certain shifts are treated better than others and if you say anything when you have a problem they don't listen because they don't care and it shows. Everything in the building is old and dirty from the warehouse to the office. The fumes from the planes and trucks is rampant through the building not just the warehouse. The building is in ill repair and desperately needs some updating and some proper health and safety precautions. The time that I worked there was tolong for my liking.
Some of the managers were nice, but you could see the job wearing them down, others were just plain bullies. This place will kill you slowly, but that's okay to them because they can just replace you. Training stinks a week at best. The general consensus is that you can't go to management or HR for anything because they won't do anything. You're expected to go in even if you're sick which causes everyone else to get sick. They need to up their game if they want to keep staff and be able to have a happy and healthy work environment. Renovate the building spend some money and take pride in the building since
  more... it is an international hub, Right now it just looks old, worn down and if it wasn't for lights on and cars in the parking lot it would almost look abandoned. Even the guardhouse is run down and old.
Hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what you're doing from day to day because communication isn't the greatest, the hours and the high expectations for the wages.
The most enjoyable was most of the people that I had the opportunity to work for.

All I can say is that if UPS wants to have a happy crew at this location they may want to treat their staff much better. But I know they don't read the reviews because if they did they may have already change some things.
Pros
Most of the people, benefits
Cons
hours, lack of respect, lack of staff, unfair wages, poor working conditions
Can be a fun workplace if you make it
Package car driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Review the load of my vehicle and inspection of vehicle
I learned about my customers needs and how best to serve them
Management while sometimes frustrating are helpful to achieve the goals of my position
There is a camaraderie between the other drivers and other workers
There is a heavy workload that can overwhelm you if you let it
No one watching over every aspect of your work and the people you meet
Pros
benefits package is very generous
Cons
heavy work load
fair
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
i dont know what to sayy but everything is fair. Management is good. work environment is fair. Salary is fair. Employees are fair. everything is fair!
Fast paced and stressful, but fun and great benefits
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 December 2018
UPS was one of the best employers I have ever had. I will admit that the work isn't for anyone as in my 4 months at UPS as a Pre-loader, I saw about 1 person every second week interview and show up for only one day.

It is stressful and fast paced, but it felt fulfilling and the benefits were amazing. (Where else would you get pension, medical and dental for part-time jobs?)
Pros
great benefits, good wage growth, strong union
Cons
stressful, fast paced hard work, not for everyone.
Unorganized, False advertising,
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2018
Originally, I thought had high hopes for the job, but after working for a few days, I now know better.

First, HR says, and they advertise that warehouse workers would make over minimum wage per hour. However, when you receive your paycheck you find out they pay minimum wage. Then HR will make excuses for why they haven't paid the amount they promise. People have been working for over a month and still have not received the promised amount. When you tell the managers, that you haven't been paid, they don't care.

Management will also sometimes try to get workers to stay past their shift when we're understaffed. They'll tell everyone that they will receive bonus money or win something if they stay. This would be great if they actually paid the bonus to people who stay.
They have no number to call if you will be absent so people just don't show up and you never know who is coming to work and who is not.

Overall, management is unorganized, uncaring and push you to work while they refuse to pay you. Oh, and they can change your shift when they want and you're expected to show up. Even if the contract has set hours for you to work. The only good thing about working here are your coworkers. Honestly, just stay away.
Pros
Pizza on Fridays, overtime
Cons
don't pay what they advertise, change your shift whenever
pay is horrible
sorter (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON30 November 2018
great place to work...the co-workers are amazing always willing to help..the enviroment is good...the only bad thing I can say about UPS is the pay is horrible.$14 to start and its hard and not worth it..
Cons
bad pay
Low pay!!!!!! For the amount of work!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON27 November 2018
Don't expect much! Low pay and you cannot come late or god forbid get sick because if you just got hired they will fire you and come talk to you about being sick! Teaches you a lot of things but I'm glad i left i hated the time i worked there
Pros
you learn about yourself!
Cons
no social life and low pay!
its perfect if you need extra cash
(Sorter) Concord (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 November 2018
The benefits are great hours are reasonable and you will always grow with in the company from sorting to unloading driving and more like supervisor or safety rep ups has many opportunities perfect if your a student of just need some extra cash
Pros
short shifts with benefits
Cons
takes a while to reach top rate
Low pay for newbies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
Low starting pay for the work required, training is very weak, sink or swim. You'l never work with a more unhappy group of people. Raely a thank-you or a job well done. if you don't have senority your hours get cut big time after busy seasons.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
heavy workloads
what the heck
Walker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2018
UPS posted a job for 25$ an hour, went to the job orientation and they said they paid 12$ an hour. That's less than half of what they claimed to pay in the posting. What a waste of time.
unpaid wages and one of the worst experiences , make sure you check your hours
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2018
one of the worst experiences, rude staff rude management (alot of angry old people, probably mad at the company too) ,
unpaid wages ,
had to run after hr even if i was registered for directdeposit and i still didnt get paid til this day its been 1 month so far
had to quit
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unpaid wages
Sometimes work flows good and sometimes it's stress full.
Package Handler and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2018
Stress full sometimes,
Learn how things works,
Management are not to professional,
All types witch is good.
Rush to do your job without getting hurt.
You get to meet lots of people and have new friends.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are good with long term.
Cons
Stress and physical body pain with time.
Good Co-workers, Don't Pay Enough For What You're Doing.
Preloader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2018
Unfortunately they don't pay enough for the amount of work you are doing and it takes 4-5 years to get to top rate which is what you'd need to actually have a life
Pros
Bring Lunch Every Now And Then
Cons
Not Enough Money, Fluxuating hours
a lot of insatisfaction amoung employee
CUSTOMS RATER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2018
A typical day at work, stressful. you learn most of the time on your own, despite the training provide online, monthly. the management is mainly impolite. the multiculture aspect is at 100%, employee from all over the place. the hardest part of the job is to be push to the limit and work in a team missing members, and being treated as a #
Pros
Average heath benefits
Cons
Dress code, 99.5% of the employee insatisfied \Salary 98.5% insatisfied
Careful , Think twice.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  British Columbia6 September 2018
Please take into consideration before applying to this company how many job ads you have seen . The more ads you see the more turn over of staff they have.

More often staff is being hired = more hostile and unpleasant the environment.

If one wants to argue Ups offers a great medical coverage plan I will say you won't need to pay into it because your income will be so low . Most of your medical will be covered by the government.

* Billion dollar company more than happy to pay a low wage and constantly hire staff * something to take into consideration.

Keep your expectations of management very low. Very low.
Pros
Money (some) few great people.
Cons
Lacks every good job quality one would want and hope for from their employer
Package handler
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
Package handler tends to be a stressful job if physically unfit, or tend to deal with stressful situations unprofessionally. The job is very high paced and in moderate work space condition.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
exhausting, work conditions

510.8K