UPS Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 273 reviews matching the search See all 31,378 reviews
some info
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 March 2019
I've been with UPS for 5 years now and I have to say it is very physical, the pay a is not that great but the benefits are are amazing! you pay $0.00 for your insurance and you can put your spouse and children and still pay $0.00. the downside is the hours are really minimum they try to keep it at 3hrs or 3.5hrs (according to the collective agreement) if you do work over 5hrs you have to fight for your time and a half because they try not to pay! They have a program for school which is not too bad they reimburse 100% of schooling and cover $300 for books, but you have to have good attendance at work (including lates) and it maybe hard to leave or miss work for school depending on the time of year and your supervisor. you can move up in the company which is nice they hire from within first. all in all it's good for people who want some extra money or if you are looking to advance in the company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
short hours, pay
wouldnt recommend
F.T. Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 March 2019
company has little value of personal concerns, minimum wage hike resulted in pay staying the same and now just at minimum. no incentive to work when you're a skilled machine operator with 8 lisences and making the same amount as someone pouring coffee. hard work doesn't pay off, I was in a healthcare department working 5 accounts with what was supposed to be with 3 other people. they quit/got fired and in picking up the slack never saw another worker in my area until I finally quit. no pay raise dispite added responsibilities. definatly for afternoon shift. would not recomend
Pros
not many
Cons
ask anyone whos worked there
Great place to learn and grow
Hub Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2019
People at UPS are empowered by the values and culture. Everyone helps u out with everything u just need to ask. I started as an unloder and within 2 months i was promoted into operation sup and then a month after i was promoted into a training supervisor role. U will be given the opportunity to grow only when u put in your best work and be honest with your work.
Punctuality and attendance are important as a matter of fact they decide if they want u or not on your attendance. Safety is paramount and u will be trained on all the methods for 3 days in class and 5 days on the job. I know its hard labour but after 30 days u will like and love the job and u wanna do good.
Pay and benefits are great. Remember UPS is been around for 111 years they know how to handle everything. If you are a business student u can learn the ropes of management at UPS. I did a HR internship for my course there. All in all I learned operations, training, hr while working there and gained management experience which helped me get my field job. Any given day I would love to go back to UPS. I wish they had any hr opportunities. I just love UPS and I am proud to be a UPSer,miss you home.
Pros
Bbq, pizzas, subway u get a lot of free food
Cons
Very unorganized management with no communication between departments
Package Handler (Loader) (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON6 March 2019
Hard work and guaranteed hours after April, peak season (November to December) is very busy, very hectic and physically demanding but provides more then 40 hours plus choice of Sunday's during this time. Management unorganized and doesn't communicate with different departments management. Be told to do one task, then get yelled at for slowing production when trying to do task. NEVER TAKE INITIATIVE, only do tasks assigned by superior or be yelled at. Start time changes daily.
Pros
Benefits, top wage after 3-4 years.
Cons
Physically demanding, Constant changing start time.
Productive, never boring environment to work in. Very fast paced
Management (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC6 March 2019
UPS promotes from within, encourages free thinking, has a great benefits plan. My work was dynamic and fun. As Management my duties were numerous and I was encouraged to think outside the box and praised for my ability to forward think. There was tons of coaching and upper management team were helpful always.
Pros
Never bored
Cons
Some of the employee attitude
Hardwork
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC4 March 2019
With the short breaks, hard work, and some problematic co-workers, you do not want to come in to work a lot of the time. A co-worker lashed out because of some other issues they were having from something else in front of a supervisor and no action was taken, it was just considered normal.
Cons
Only 15 min breaks when working 6 hours
Package Handler
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2019
Only 3-4 hour work days if you're new until you gain seniority.
Mindless job of filling trailers with boxes.
15 minute unpaid break
terrible employee parking.
hard work rewarded with more hard work
supervisor is okay, management is not.
benefits
Cons
lots
Fast paced
Parcel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 March 2019
Very fast paced environment
Work hours are very unpredictable. You could be working anywhere from 2 to 12 hours in a day
Other workers were very helpful
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
unpredictable hours
U.p.s Canada
P/T Retention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2019
Great place for part time employment and amazing benefits . I very much recommend ups especially for students and new comers to Canada. love the people and the work
benefits
Cons
hard on the body
Good place to work.
Admimistrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 February 2019
UPS is a good place to work and they have good benefits. They are good in training and there is lots of help. There is always a supervisor on site to help. UPS takes good care of the employee from vacation pay to health insurance.Thank you UPS!
Pros
Support
Cons
Hard labour job but if you can stay its worth it
TRAINING AND RETENTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON5 February 2019
Job security

Benefits

Promote within

Unionized company

Tution reimbursements

Different shift timings

Fast paced logistics company

Variable start time
Lay off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 February 2019
If you want to go to work everyday and look at some schmucks with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but tell you to do better.
They have a HUGE turnover rate, if you don't quit you'll probably get layed off instead.
Management likes to overwork and demand way to much for what you're getting payed to start with. Do you really want to do this for four years? NO. Save your body and don't apply here, it's not exorcise is modern day slavery.
Benefits
Cons
All UPS and nothing else!
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2019
They promise the sun but deliver on nothing.

One of the worst companies I've worked for. They'll tell you anything so that you come work for them, then everything changes. They claim work/life balance, but it's all work and no life.

On average, as a driver, minimum is 10hrs per day Mon-Fri with only ONE 30min unpaid break. If you're not delivering, they will want to know why. Christmas was insane, 12hr days with your truck packed to the seams. No possible way to get it all done.

Your truck is already supposed to be loaded, organized and ready to go for the start of your shift, but never is. I spent at least 1hr of my day just organizing my truck because pre-load would just throw it (literally) into the back of the truck, then get asked what was taking me so long and why I was having down time.

They say $2 raise after 90 days... nope! It's after 90 days WORKED so it's about 5-6mths before you see that. Oh and NO benefits for the first year... yes YEAR!

They'll randomly call you to say not to come in that day because it's not very busy. Yes, they did that more than once, even though I was hired for a full time position. If they tell you to not come in, you don't get paid that day.

Management was a joke. Disorganized mess. Constantly getting msg's, misloads, meetup's for more packages, delivering out of area, changing start times and so forth. Never knew what was going on from day to day.

Culture... I never heard another driver say what a great company UPS is to work for, or anything positive about UPS. All I ever heard was complaints from miserable employees.
Pros
It's a pay check
Cons
Not a very good work environment
This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
Not difficult work not very stable hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON8 January 2019
On indeed the ad said 19$ an hour and when I got a call from ups they told me over the phone I’d be paid 19$ an hour too but all my pay stubs were 14$
Pros
They paid me
Cons
False advertising/poor communication
Lack of staff, Harsh hours, No respect
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON5 January 2019
When you first apply and go in for your interview they make promises that they will never keep. Multi billion dollar company and they pay the least compared to the competition. Can't keep staff, management is rude and lacks respect for the employees. Forget advancement or trying to even be considered for other positions people that have been here 20+ years are being overlooked for positons so that they can hire part time people. Signs of appreciaton are very far and few between. Certain shifts are treated better than others and if you say anything when you have a problem they don't listen because they don't care and it shows. Everything in the building is old and dirty from the warehouse to the office. The fumes from the planes and trucks is rampant through the building not just the warehouse. The building is in ill repair and desperately needs some updating and some proper health and safety precautions. The time that I worked there was tolong for my liking.
Some of the managers were nice, but you could see the job wearing them down, others were just plain bullies. This place will kill you slowly, but that's okay to them because they can just replace you. Training stinks a week at best. The general consensus is that you can't go to management or HR for anything because they won't do anything. You're expected to go in even if you're sick which causes everyone else to get sick. They need to up their game if they want to keep staff and be able to have a happy and healthy work environment. Renovate the building spend some money and take pride in the building since
  more... it is an international hub, Right now it just looks old, worn down and if it wasn't for lights on and cars in the parking lot it would almost look abandoned. Even the guardhouse is run down and old.
Hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what you're doing from day to day because communication isn't the greatest, the hours and the high expectations for the wages.
The most enjoyable was most of the people that I had the opportunity to work for.

All I can say is that if UPS wants to have a happy crew at this location they may want to treat their staff much better. But I know they don't read the reviews because if they did they may have already change some things.
Pros
Most of the people, benefits
Cons
hours, lack of respect, lack of staff, unfair wages, poor working conditions
Can be a fun workplace if you make it
Package car driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Review the load of my vehicle and inspection of vehicle
I learned about my customers needs and how best to serve them
Management while sometimes frustrating are helpful to achieve the goals of my position
There is a camaraderie between the other drivers and other workers
There is a heavy workload that can overwhelm you if you let it
No one watching over every aspect of your work and the people you meet
Pros
benefits package is very generous
Cons
heavy work load
fair
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
i dont know what to sayy but everything is fair. Management is good. work environment is fair. Salary is fair. Employees are fair. everything is fair!
Fast paced and stressful, but fun and great benefits
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 December 2018
UPS was one of the best employers I have ever had. I will admit that the work isn't for anyone as in my 4 months at UPS as a Pre-loader, I saw about 1 person every second week interview and show up for only one day.

It is stressful and fast paced, but it felt fulfilling and the benefits were amazing. (Where else would you get pension, medical and dental for part-time jobs?)
Pros
great benefits, good wage growth, strong union
Cons
stressful, fast paced hard work, not for everyone.
Unorganized, False advertising,
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2018
Originally, I thought had high hopes for the job, but after working for a few days, I now know better.

First, HR says, and they advertise that warehouse workers would make over minimum wage per hour. However, when you receive your paycheck you find out they pay minimum wage. Then HR will make excuses for why they haven't paid the amount they promise. People have been working for over a month and still have not received the promised amount. When you tell the managers, that you haven't been paid, they don't care.

Management will also sometimes try to get workers to stay past their shift when we're understaffed. They'll tell everyone that they will receive bonus money or win something if they stay. This would be great if they actually paid the bonus to people who stay.
They have no number to call if you will be absent so people just don't show up and you never know who is coming to work and who is not.

Overall, management is unorganized, uncaring and push you to work while they refuse to pay you. Oh, and they can change your shift when they want and you're expected to show up. Even if the contract has set hours for you to work. The only good thing about working here are your coworkers. Honestly, just stay away.
Pros
Pizza on Fridays, overtime
Cons
don't pay what they advertise, change your shift whenever

511.3K