UPS Pay & Benefits reviews

Work place with poor communication & horrible management
Vehicle shifter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Worked here for 3 months. Posting says 4-5 hrs but only worked for 3. The 3 hrs are supposed to be guaranteed hrs (which was alright). When you're done early, great still get the 3 hrs.... supposed to be but not with the supervisor who never fixed your hrs. You'll find your cheque to be short 30-45 minute if you decide to go home early & clock-out when the job is done. Supervisor always wait the last minute before finding someone to cover a shift when someone called in sick. Doesn't communicate what's going on on a daily basis.

If you live across the city it's not worth the drive just to work for 3 hours. Otherwise you'll be spending more in gas and at the same time it will ruin your evening lifestyle for a minimum wage.
Pros
Good student job
Cons
Horrible Supervisor, the job is difficult to do in winter.
DOCK MARSHALL & DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 August 2018
A very good place to work and learn.
Management gives you ample opportunity to learn.
Flexibility for working hours.
Good benefits.
Good bonus and incentives
Pros
Barabaque, twice in a year
Fun workplace
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 August 2018
Good workplace, people were friendly, the workers are really on you and make sure your task is completed on time before going home. Lunch room was the best part.
Pros
lunchroom
Cons
Fast paced and physically demanding
Courier Driver, UPS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
If you don't mind working hard ,with tight deadlines and long hours this is the job for you. Pays well, decent benefits and pension.
Very physically demanding (upto 150lbs)usually with very little help, Very fast paced. You will learn the most from your mistakes which is unfortunate but true here.I've been here over a decade and very little changes except the faces in charge. Christmas season is the hardest. My spouse refers to herself as a UPS widow at this time.You must be good at following rules and follow all the little guidences they inforce. The truck has a telematics system that sinks with the Diad(device you scan packages with) so thay can tell every little move you make, Time is money here and they ride you for any unexplained gaps in time. I do basically enjoy my job. However the work/ home life ratio is very poor.
200 Stops per day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
If you want to be poorly paid, overworked and complete 200 stops per day this is the place. The benefits weren’t too bad and it is unionized but you have to keep in mind that the human body can only take so much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Extremely Heavy Packages
fun workplace
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 July 2018
a typical day at work. decent work flow. foresperson is nice and easy to work with. i leaned about there package vehicle. one thing about the position that is hard for me is the shifts
Pros
good place good people
Cons
A nice job with some sporadic hours.
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador23 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at UPS however I had to leave because of the nature of the hours (occasionally shifts would start at 2 AM) and while I was still in school at the time it just made more sense to focus on that rather than the job.
Pros
Great Management, Free snacks on break.
Cons
Weird and sporadic hours.
Time goes fast,
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
Excellent for hours and pay, especially overtime pay. Hard work, keeps you busy and in decent shape. Fun to work with others, treated well by management.
Amazing Company
Peer Mentor / Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2018
UPS in hands down the best company to work for. They have amazing benefits, internal advancement, and the supervisors treat their employees with respect. All of the drivers I have met have a great attitude. Even though the job is somewhat physically demanding, it's a pleasure to go to work every day.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay Scale
Cons
Early/ Odd hours
Overal excellent experience
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 June 2018
I loved working at UPS. It has a great company culture and the people there were great. The only reason I would leave was for a family obligation. They treated me extremely well.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
occasional long hours and travel

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
Fast Moving and growing
Full Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB21 June 2018
Very good company to work for. Consistent training to keep up to date with todays changes in the logistics world. Offers a very good benefit package as well as a competitive salary.
good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
hours are good for people looking for a early morning job who also want to maintain another job or obligation in life. the pay is also very good for the work you'll be doing.
Fun positive workplace with teamwork.
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB19 June 2018
I love my job. Everyone is huge on teamwork. Our job is fun to be at with little percks we get. The hours are great. Everyone enjoys helping each other so we all recwive benifits.
Great Hours, good people, wage is not great
Loader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2018
It is great hours if you are a student looking for a constant evening job
Wage isn`t great for the type of work, social life suffers
Hard work, in a cold or very hot warehouse
Pros
constant hours
Cons
wage
Over worked and Underpaid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2018
I was promised salary when taking this position. I worked Monday to Saturday from 9-6. I work roughly 52 hours a week and was only paid less then $450 a week.
I enjoyed working with customers. But my heart is in graphic design, not managing a failing business by myself.
Challenging and Demanding work environment
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2018
Given the opportunity to work in different departments within the company ( allowed me to learn great deal regarding operations, management, and most currently planning and optimization -industrial engineering
Pros
Job security/ Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance is often overlooked
acceptable place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 May 2018
A good place to work temporarily only. Only thing good about this company is that its a union job with extremely very good benefits. Its a good place for someone who wants to work part time or anyone close to retirement age. Starting pay is minimum until 2 years and isn't worth working for that much for the amount of work that is given.
Pros
free dinner occasionaly
Cons
5 hour shiifts sometimes less with the pay rate of $11/h
Soul-draining
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
The work is far too difficult for the measly, barely-above-minimum wage that they give. You must work Monday to Friday but are only guaranteed 15 hours a week, however you are expected to have full time availabilities (you could be working anywhere between noon and 7pm). They demand nearly impossible goals that are basically never met by anyone, such as 950 packages sorted per hour in small sort (when most average 600-700) or 250 packages when loading trucks (which I don't believe I've ever seen reached - closest was just over 200). Goals like this that require so much effort are insulting when they refuse to pay anything above a poverty wage to the package handlers. Instead of a decent wage, they'll often buy pizza or enter you in a raffle to win an iPad or things like this, but these things do not pay the bills.

The plus side is that there is the chance for mobility, but few people I work with are even interested in positions such as supervisor as they all see how much stress they go through. Everyone is stretched thin since the company only wants to have the absolute minimum number of employees available at any given time.
Pros
Pizza occasionally?
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work
Warehouse Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
Good company policies. I have not worked here for a long time yet but the staff is friendly and the it is a good place to work.

This is the first time ai ever worked in a warehouse
Pros
Good safety policies
Youngsters' exercise
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Pretty Phisical work should be done during the early morning hours. If you have cholesterol problem, it is a nice place for regular work-out. Pay is not bad.
Pros
Part time/Good pay
Cons
You would be tired for the rest of the day

59.7K