UPS Management reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the search See all 29,838 reviews
Lay off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 February 2019
If you want to go to work everyday and look at some schmucks with unrealistic expectations who do NOTHING but tell you to do better.
They have a HUGE turnover rate, if you don't quit you'll probably get layed off instead.
Management likes to overwork and demand way to much for what you're getting payed to start with. Do you really want to do this for four years? NO. Save your body and don't apply here, it's not exorcise is modern day slavery.
Benefits
Cons
All UPS and nothing else!
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2019
They promise the sun but deliver on nothing.

One of the worst companies I've worked for. They'll tell you anything so that you come work for them, then everything changes. They claim work/life balance, but it's all work and no life.

On average, as a driver, minimum is 10hrs per day Mon-Fri with only ONE 30min unpaid break. If you're not delivering, they will want to know why. Christmas was insane, 12hr days with your truck packed to the seams. No possible way to get it all done.

Your truck is already supposed to be loaded, organized and ready to go for the start of your shift, but never is. I spent at least 1hr of my day just organizing my truck because pre-load would just throw it (literally) into the back of the truck, then get asked what was taking me so long and why I was having down time.

They say $2 raise after 90 days... nope! It's after 90 days WORKED so it's about 5-6mths before you see that. Oh and NO benefits for the first year... yes YEAR!

They'll randomly call you to say not to come in that day because it's not very busy. Yes, they did that more than once, even though I was hired for a full time position. If they tell you to not come in, you don't get paid that day.

Management was a joke. Disorganized mess. Constantly getting msg's, misloads, meetup's for more packages, delivering out of area, changing start times and so forth. Never knew what was going on from day to day.

Culture... I never heard another driver say what a great company UPS is to work for, or anything positive about UPS. All I ever heard was complaints from miserable employees.
Pros
It's a pay check
Cons
Not a very good work environment
Worst place to work.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2019
If, you are working in UPS or planning to work there so, my friend that's the worst place to work. Poor environment and Poor Management. They always hiring. Lack of staff...
This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
Horrible management and pay
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
I worked as a preloader. They don't give you enough time to load so everyone has packages piled up around all sides, making actually doing your job pretty much impossible. Peoples packages are thrown, stepped on, and treated like garbage. In an 8 hour day you get one unpaid 15 minute break (which is illegal).

They claim it's all bout teamwork, but they send most people home too early leaving one or two people to do a ridiculous amount of work. It could be done in 5 minutes if they just make everyone do it.

To top it all off they didn't pay me for the first two weeks I was there. When they did pay me it was the wrong amount and still missing one week. I talked to them multiple times and it wasn't until the fourth time they started getting it right. Although I still had to wait two weeks after that just to get my first weeks paycheque.

UPS does not care about it's workers at all.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Lack of staff, Harsh hours, No respect
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON5 January 2019
When you first apply and go in for your interview they make promises that they will never keep. Multi billion dollar company and they pay the least compared to the competition. Can't keep staff, management is rude and lacks respect for the employees. Forget advancement or trying to even be considered for other positions people that have been here 20+ years are being overlooked for positons so that they can hire part time people. Signs of appreciaton are very far and few between. Certain shifts are treated better than others and if you say anything when you have a problem they don't listen because they don't care and it shows. Everything in the building is old and dirty from the warehouse to the office. The fumes from the planes and trucks is rampant through the building not just the warehouse. The building is in ill repair and desperately needs some updating and some proper health and safety precautions. The time that I worked there was tolong for my liking.
Some of the managers were nice, but you could see the job wearing them down, others were just plain bullies. This place will kill you slowly, but that's okay to them because they can just replace you. Training stinks a week at best. The general consensus is that you can't go to management or HR for anything because they won't do anything. You're expected to go in even if you're sick which causes everyone else to get sick. They need to up their game if they want to keep staff and be able to have a happy and healthy work environment. Renovate the building spend some money and take pride in the building since
  more... it is an international hub, Right now it just looks old, worn down and if it wasn't for lights on and cars in the parking lot it would almost look abandoned. Even the guardhouse is run down and old.
Hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what you're doing from day to day because communication isn't the greatest, the hours and the high expectations for the wages.
The most enjoyable was most of the people that I had the opportunity to work for.

All I can say is that if UPS wants to have a happy crew at this location they may want to treat their staff much better. But I know they don't read the reviews because if they did they may have already change some things.
Pros
Most of the people, benefits
Cons
hours, lack of respect, lack of staff, unfair wages, poor working conditions
Can be a fun workplace if you make it
Package car driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Review the load of my vehicle and inspection of vehicle
I learned about my customers needs and how best to serve them
Management while sometimes frustrating are helpful to achieve the goals of my position
There is a camaraderie between the other drivers and other workers
There is a heavy workload that can overwhelm you if you let it
No one watching over every aspect of your work and the people you meet
Pros
benefits package is very generous
Cons
heavy work load
fair
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
i dont know what to sayy but everything is fair. Management is good. work environment is fair. Salary is fair. Employees are fair. everything is fair!
It was Okay
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 December 2018
Not my favourite place to work. Some managers were bullies and felt they could get away with it. Training was minimal a figure it out for yourself attitude.
Not great
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 December 2018
Hired meat. Treated like garbage. Trailers are extremely dirty, bring a mask of some sort. Every time you put a package down dust and dirt fly up in the air. Imagine that every day for 5 hours a day lets say. Some managers are great and treat you like a human. Other managers are like slave owners. Horrible place to work but if you need money fast go for it.
Pros
There are hours to work.
Cons
Horrible working conditions.
Unorganized, False advertising,
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2018
Originally, I thought had high hopes for the job, but after working for a few days, I now know better.

First, HR says, and they advertise that warehouse workers would make over minimum wage per hour. However, when you receive your paycheck you find out they pay minimum wage. Then HR will make excuses for why they haven't paid the amount they promise. People have been working for over a month and still have not received the promised amount. When you tell the managers, that you haven't been paid, they don't care.

Management will also sometimes try to get workers to stay past their shift when we're understaffed. They'll tell everyone that they will receive bonus money or win something if they stay. This would be great if they actually paid the bonus to people who stay.
They have no number to call if you will be absent so people just don't show up and you never know who is coming to work and who is not.

Overall, management is unorganized, uncaring and push you to work while they refuse to pay you. Oh, and they can change your shift when they want and you're expected to show up. Even if the contract has set hours for you to work. The only good thing about working here are your coworkers. Honestly, just stay away.
Pros
Pizza on Fridays, overtime
Cons
don't pay what they advertise, change your shift whenever
Low pay!!!!!! For the amount of work!
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON27 November 2018
Don't expect much! Low pay and you cannot come late or god forbid get sick because if you just got hired they will fire you and come talk to you about being sick! Teaches you a lot of things but I'm glad i left i hated the time i worked there
Pros
you learn about yourself!
Cons
no social life and low pay!
Busy workplace with a friendly environment
Part Time Status Caller (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 November 2018
Working from the start off the day until you were off, but not overworked. I learned a lot about the company and how to deal with stressed / angry customers. Management was understanding and kind. Workplace culture was very group based and you could make friends quickly. Hardest part of the job was learning how to do the work haha. Most enjoyable part was the phone calls :)
Pros
Company / holiday partys
Cons
non stop work
They care about the money and not the people
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2018
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. Horrible management and extremely understaffed for the amount of work needed to be done. The only good thing I took away from this job was a few computer skills and a couple life long friendships.
Pros
The drivers
Cons
Good place when needing a job
Walker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 November 2018
Its very welcoming for the most part and it's great to be apart of the UPS culture, good values, decent shift times, weekly pay, but as soon as management messes up they will blame you for their mistakes and become very rude. Training was also terrible, person teaching you isnt even doing the same type of route you would be doing nor could they even bring up an extra scanner between 3 people trying to be trained. Said they will bring it up and never did, really unprofessional honestly.
Pros
Decent shifts
Cons
Rude management, Bad Pay for Newcomers for the work they are having to do, organized training.
Low pay for newbies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
Low starting pay for the work required, training is very weak, sink or swim. You'l never work with a more unhappy group of people. Raely a thank-you or a job well done. if you don't have senority your hours get cut big time after busy seasons.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
heavy workloads
Best place I ever work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 November 2018
Management at UPS is excellent. They think of you as a person and not a number. If you need help to improve yourself there is someone there to assis you. Great place to advance in the company.
The also help the community. Involved with JDRF .
Pros
Closes at 9 and no weekends
Good experience
Air Sort Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  jane and steeles7 November 2018
The memories I shared with my team at the company I worked for can never be erased. I learned a lot while being in management, and I hope I'll get the chance to grow somewhere else.
unpaid wages and one of the worst experiences , make sure you check your hours
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2018
one of the worst experiences, rude staff rude management (alot of angry old people, probably mad at the company too) ,
unpaid wages ,
had to run after hr even if i was registered for directdeposit and i still didnt get paid til this day its been 1 month so far
had to quit
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unpaid wages
Small business retail work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
The Sales Associate position is a pretty good step into retail, this particular store has a lot of different duties to perform but it gets easy to get into the swing of things after a month and if you actually take initiative to do so.

Main duties are split between processing shipments and document printing services. Sometimes there's bigger orders but there's more leeway in processing time. Usually there's a pretty inconsistent stream of foot traffic in store; it can be dead for a few hours, then immediately drop into a rush within five minutes.

Management is okay, they're never really in store all that often, but they're quick to answer questions when you need help. Workplace culture could be better though, the store is frankly understaffed and could use more training to keep all the associates on a similar wavelength.

510.8K