UPS Employee Reviews for Package Handler

Found 102 reviews matching the search See all 30,572 reviews
One of the worst jobs I have ever had
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 March 2019
-Poor/no training leads to accidents on the job that they blame you for (and wont let you get WSIB for)
-You aren't allowed to bring your phone/recording device in the work area; because employees have no way to prove it, UPS will get away with overworking you and not giving you proper breaks
-Management has no idea what they are doing
-cold weather? better be prepared to freeze your butt off because you will be working in a cold trailer all day, with the only warm area being the break room (which you get to spend MAX 15 mins in)

UPS Concord is by FAR one of the worst jobs I have ever had. To anyone reading this, I'm warning you to not work here
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Package Handler
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2019
Only 3-4 hour work days if you're new until you gain seniority.
Mindless job of filling trailers with boxes.
15 minute unpaid break
terrible employee parking.
hard work rewarded with more hard work
supervisor is okay, management is not.
benefits
Cons
lots
The job as I see it
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2019
Working in a 3rd Party Logistics within UPS, allows me to understand the importance of ensuring all shipment are moved in a timely manner to the customer. Especially in the Medical field it is important that goods are delivered daily.
Pros
Friendly people and room for advancement
Cons
Early hours and low wages based on experience
This job was physically demanding but overall okay.
Package handler sorted packages, and loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC18 January 2019
Large influx of packages. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. Management left a little to be desired, in terms of organization and leadership. Not much help when problems arose. Not a very cheerful atmosphere. Constant heavy lifting, and having to overextend. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I
exceeded the required quota for each day.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
disorganized
They don't have any fix schedule
Package handler (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2019
I'm hire for the night shift and my job is pemanent but they give me work only for 2 weeks than they always call me and said that don't come today we have a off tonight and their staff is not good they treat you like animals.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Bad staff, irregular schedule
Not difficult work not very stable hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON8 January 2019
On indeed the ad said 19$ an hour and when I got a call from ups they told me over the phone I’d be paid 19$ an hour too but all my pay stubs were 14$
Pros
They paid me
Cons
False advertising/poor communication
fair
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
i dont know what to sayy but everything is fair. Management is good. work environment is fair. Salary is fair. Employees are fair. everything is fair!
Not a place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC13 December 2018
I worked 2 days and it was 2 days too long. I was hired to work the evening shift from 5pm to 11pm. I told them that I had school and could not do more hours at hiring. The second day, I started at 4:45pm and at 11:30pm I went to ask my supervisor if I could leave because I had to wake up at 5am for school.
He said "Your not allow". I told him I advised my situation and cannot work any longer. He told me the trucks were still coming in and the night before he finished at 4am. I told him that it was impossible for me to work that late. His reply "You have no choice".So I quit, that is my choice. Np breaks after 8pm. I even spoke to the night manager and he did not seem concerned.
If you enjoy working non stop for 12 hours with only 1 "15 minute break" then this is the job for you.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Never let you go home
Sometimes work flows good and sometimes it's stress full.
Package Handler and Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 October 2018
Stress full sometimes,
Learn how things works,
Management are not to professional,
All types witch is good.
Rush to do your job without getting hurt.
You get to meet lots of people and have new friends.
Pros
Salary and Benefits are good with long term.
Cons
Stress and physical body pain with time.
Package handler
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
Package handler tends to be a stressful job if physically unfit, or tend to deal with stressful situations unprofessionally. The job is very high paced and in moderate work space condition.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
exhausting, work conditions
Modern day SLAVERY
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Worked here 7 months as Package Handler.
- Very Early start 4 AM
- Had to keep note of my hrs , every week they paid less hours than I had worked. Had to sit with supervisor to fix that every friday*
- Saw workers there with shoulder issues , back problems because of the heavy lifting involved
- Ruins your body
- No one who is working there or has worked there will recommend UPS
- Work getting tougher as years go on.
- Workers told me earlier the work was abt 70% of what it is now
- So they push the workers to the MAX, Daily and no Thanks, just more work next day
- Felt like a slave there
- Saw many new employees leave during my 7 months there.
- 9 out of 10 new employees leave, absolutely true.
- Min wage for such hard work was a joke, I will not even do that job for $40/hr . Not worth. Kills ur body.
- Wasted 7 months
- writing review so that u dont waste your time here.
Pros
Was Near to my home, thats it
Cons
-physically very demanding - for the mgt u r treated as a number, will ruin your health for sure
terrible place to work for
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  2900 steeles ave29 July 2018
I worked at ups in vaughan for 7 years. At ups its a zoo in there they treat employees like garbage also customers packages were thrown and handled rough even stolen at times and missorted. The pay is terrible for such a physical demanding job and the hours range from 3-5 hours they are very disrespectful and expect you to be a slave and they are racist and discriminate people and the working conditions in ups are not safe with packages falling off conveyor belts from the top. Please do yourself a favor stay away from this company as it would eventually cost you health in the long run.
Pros
there is no pro for working here
Cons
hours, management, unsafe work environment, dusty warehouse, extremely cold or hot
Time goes fast,
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2018
Excellent for hours and pay, especially overtime pay. Hard work, keeps you busy and in decent shape. Fun to work with others, treated well by management.
unbalanced work loads
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 July 2018
Supervisors push you to work at your limit. Can be fun if you like competition for unloading, not very hard work but extremly fast paced and repetitive.
Pros
Union
Cons
Union
Soul-draining
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
The work is far too difficult for the measly, barely-above-minimum wage that they give. You must work Monday to Friday but are only guaranteed 15 hours a week, however you are expected to have full time availabilities (you could be working anywhere between noon and 7pm). They demand nearly impossible goals that are basically never met by anyone, such as 950 packages sorted per hour in small sort (when most average 600-700) or 250 packages when loading trucks (which I don't believe I've ever seen reached - closest was just over 200). Goals like this that require so much effort are insulting when they refuse to pay anything above a poverty wage to the package handlers. Instead of a decent wage, they'll often buy pizza or enter you in a raffle to win an iPad or things like this, but these things do not pay the bills.

The plus side is that there is the chance for mobility, but few people I work with are even interested in positions such as supervisor as they all see how much stress they go through. Everyone is stretched thin since the company only wants to have the absolute minimum number of employees available at any given time.
Pros
Pizza occasionally?
Cons
Everything else
they didnt train me right
Package Handler/ In-Store representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 May 2018
I dealt with a lot of nonsense in the niagara location, but there could be some better locations, if the management and training was better then it could have worked out.
Busy place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 April 2018
Basically just coming in and going to your station to either unload or sort packages. Some days are really hard because we don't have enough employees to handle the volume.
Youngsters' exercise
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Pretty Phisical work should be done during the early morning hours. If you have cholesterol problem, it is a nice place for regular work-out. Pay is not bad.
Pros
Part time/Good pay
Cons
You would be tired for the rest of the day
Productive and great working experience
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON31 March 2018
Great working environment. Very friendly staff. Positive attitudes. There is always something to do when arriving at the workplace. Work will be non stop but there will be breaks when timing is available.
Fast Pace and great way to stay in shape
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
A good way to get into shape, good work hours, and not a lot of stress. Good environment to work in and you get a lot of knowledge on how to properly lift and put things away. they help you with school tuition and you get benefits.
Pros
benefits, tuition, wage increase
Cons
dusty, a lot of lifting, all by hand, no help

511K