UPS Employee Reviews for Driver Assistant

Productive and a lot of challenges of task at work!
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC2 February 2018
Hello Human ressource!

Well my favorite moment during the work is when i slide on the mud
that was really funny!Also i kept working just after i clean my self
just to be able to continue my task!And what i learn is that how to
use properly my diad and have a good communication with the
citizen!And as it goes for the management it was very well
organised!And as it goes for the workplace culture it was a
great environment pleasure to work day by day!And let"talk
about my hardest part of my task,it was to grab the ramp to not
slide on the stairs full of ice!And last but not least my most
enjoyable moment of the part of my work is that to put smile on
the face of my many client that i deal with in general and to be
proud that i accomplished my mission!
Pros
Break for lunch time!
Cons
Able to work for overtime a must!
Fun work enviornment!
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I enjoyed every bit of the experience that I have gain in the past years with UPS, I would 100% recommend this job to any of my friends and family.
Early morning, late night shifts.
Very flexible hours!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short hours
Seasonal employment was a gamble
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Worked as a driver helper. Long days, minimum wage. Unclear chain of command between all workers and dispatch.Fine for a temporary gig, but seeing as the drivers felt so much pressure to complete impossible seasonal positions, most workers are contract and thus inexperienced, and I still haven't received my bonus pay 3 weeks after my last day: I wouldn't return to this company. Not to mention that dispatch only wanted me to work four hours a day. Laughable.
Pros
Opportunity to experience a logistical nightmare
Cons
Orientation was more painful than surgery
Air walker
Air Walker/Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2017
Delivering parcels door to door to commercial/businesses and residential.
Hardest part of the job is walking with about 20-40lbs of parcel in a cart trying to deliver them by foot on a summer day
Satisfying feeling when you put a smile on peoples faces once they receive their valuables
Great job
Driver Assistant (Term position) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2017
Great job, good pay but hours are quite gruelling sometimes. Must meet quota for delivered packages which is expected. Good bonuses, support is great, workers all work together!
Easy job if you learn quickly
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON31 March 2017
The job was fairly simple, to scan and deliver packages to residential and commercial customers. Once you get used to the system of delivery, the job is a breeze. Main problem was inconsistent work hours (some weeks you get 30+ hours, others you get < 20), but there is not much that can be done as you work on an on-demand basis.
bad environment
Pre loader and driver helper (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home when your done its not a fun place to work unless your higher up. ups isn't very respect to employees. they only want profits any means necessary.
Pros
good money
Cons
fast pace harassment
Discriminatory rule system
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2016
Working for UPS was terrible, first they don't allow facial hair of any kind except for a mustache.. What year is this? Business men have beards and it has become a style for many men. Such an archaic rule system.

The Drivers were always rude and I got treated poorly, I felt like I was just a burden on their day, that is not how you should feel at work. There was barely any shifts and I'd have to wait the day of to find out if I worked that morning.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Cons
discrimantory rule system, very little shifts
Run like the wind or fall into a pit of angry bees
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Everyday full truck when shift starts at days end few parcels remain due to being unable get to every stop being expected to empty the truck of deliveries is a hassle there were times were that was possible .
Pros
fresh air
Cons
praying for help does not work
Great job if you're in school !
Drive Helper and Package Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
The Package Preloaded position is an amazing job if you're a student as you're hours range from 4:30 am to 10:00 am. After your shift you have an entire day to go about your business (such as school). UPS also offers 80% off of your tuition which is a great incentive. There is also lots of room to grow in this company and it is awesome to see how many employee's have worked for the company for 10+ years!!
Pros
Early mornings, 80% off tuition, benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts, maximum 25 hours weeks
Horrible enviroment
Driver helper/Pre loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2015
Horrible Management treat people like slaves not like humans only expect more from you than expect as detail. all Co-workers had a bad attitude just like working in a prison everyone try to just stab you in the back to get you in trouble.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Management and not enough pay
Honorable
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2015
Method of training is precise, easy to understand and further develop better knowledge. Safety concerns for employees indicates the company cares for the persons well-being. Better hours given to those who work hard and follow procedures. Since the company is well known there's a good chance for recognition.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Cold Weather
excellent!
Driver Helper/walker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 June 2015
Excellent employer to work for, typical day was fun filled and face paced. Improved my interpersonal skills, co-workers were great people, couldn't ask for better people to work with. the hardest part of the job was remembering customers names. the most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on my customers faces when I delivered their parcel.
Wonderful company to work for
Driver Helper, (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2014
had a good time working for them but i would like to work there again it seems to be a good fit for me. I enjoyed the daily exercise of pulling a dolly behind me with packages on it. typical day at work was run around being a brown santa
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
no cons.
Enjoyed working with the driver I was paired with.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fallbrook, ON31 May 2014
Between the hours I worked ( 11am- 7pm ) to the driver I was assigned to work with, it made me want to keep working even when I had the day off ( even though thats not possible ), all of this made me sad when the end of the christmas season was coming to an end. The job had me moving almost constantly to where you done even notice that half the work day is already over. They say you should always look for a job you will enjoy, well I take that advice in ernest.
Cons
Christmas season coming to an end
Not the best place to work
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 January 2014
Any day at UPS would've been okay if it hadn't been for the sudden change of schedule. At first I was helping out a couple employees with stocking a nearby shopping mall. Then out of nowhere, management decided to hook me up with a driver who kept busting my chops up to the point where he kicked me off his truck. When I tried to explain to management I was better doing work in the mall, they didn't listen or care and ended up laying me off without making a real decision of how to work things out with me. They didn't even think about how I wasn't exactly ready to be helping out someone during driving deliveries. It would've been better if they just understood my explanation.
Pros
Friendly Employees
Cons
Difficult Work Schedule, Limited Training, Negative Environment
lots of fun, but lots of walking
Driver assistant, Now (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 December 2013
delivering boxes to big businesses, houses and other places on foot and also in the truck for half the time, lots of lifting and is really casual
Pros
paid break, and great shipping discounts
Cons
delivering in some abd weather
fast pase , on time delivaries
Driver Assistant/ Walker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, Canada5 November 2013
As I did not have my full licence I was just an assistant, an extention of the driver , if you will., I was able to work on my own at least 80-90% of the time unless it was a light day with less than the normal amount of deliveries, and if that was the case then it was an early day for me,
I worked with some great guys, with professional attitudes and work habit's,
For me the hardest part would be when you need to take a single delivery with multiple boxes onto the second or third floor of a building with a). no ramp, and b).no elevator.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the fact that I did most of my work in solitude and still had someone around to check base with.
while I worked for UPS I learned how to operate a mark 4 diad.
Pros
benifits after first year
Cons
must wait at least one year while still working for company to obtain benifits
Repetitive, Chaotic
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2013
Was not the greatest work experience, there were no breaks and it was too chaotic