UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Very enjoyable experience
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
This gave me a look at how much goes into delivering packages to customers and how important it is to get it done right. I got a good idea on how packages are delivered in the order they should be.
Production oriented environment
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 December 2017
As a driver it's a well paid stressful job. You leave the building with a truck literally packed to the gills with parcels and some how have to make it back to the building in time to drop off your express packages in order for them to reach the airport in time. All the while having no where to go to the toilet. Say goodbye to your social life!
Pros
Well paid with benifits
Cons
Stressful and long hours
good to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 September 2017
every day is good to work over there but salary and benefits are so less that everybody is fed up with little money. so thats why I want to leave the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
less pay
Great Workplace
UPS Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 July 2017
25 years employed need no say more
Weekly pay with great benefits & pension
United Parcel Service is a Fortune 500 company and provides service throughout the world. Thus making it a great company for job security.
ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
a typical day at work would be getting dispatched out in the morning and making deliveries and pickups during the day then returning back to the main center.

Ive learned proper driving rules and techniques while on the road and learning to practice safer driving methods.

the management is very approachable and very fair and always willing to work to help the employees.
Fast moving
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON3 May 2017
Drive and deliver at a fast pace. NO HOME Life.
Lots of pressure.Hardest part is keeping timings and dealing with traffic..Best part is dealing with public.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours with lots of pressure
easy work and fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
good job for security, the employees are nice to each other and it's hard to make mistakes. I usually work there during the Christmas holidays when its busy which I find fun
great place to work
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
got to meet great customers.
taught me lots about customer service
enjoyed driving trucks.
learning new areas of the city in short periods of time were challenging
Pros
bonus
Cons
none at this time
Under Paid Slaves
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
If any of my friends or family were to ever ask to work here, I would not recommend it. This place is pure evil. Management only cares about their bottom line, they will tell you anything and everything you want to hear then turn around and forget all about it. If you decide to give it a try, don't work too hard. They will only take advantage of you. Take your time, do things by the book, write down your hours because they will try and cheat you. Applicants be warned.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Management, long days, heavy boxes
Great way to stay active as a driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2016
I was a delivery driver for the commercial and industrial area
great job, only part time
Some employees were there 7 years still part time
Moved on to other employment for a full time position
Pros
Fast paced fun job
Cons
part time for years without advancement
Fast pace work environment with efficient driving skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Have done different kind of jobs. Overall great experience. Had gain enormous amount of knowledge and work ethics. Love to utilize my experience in my upcoming opportunity.
Pros
Weather conditions
Cons
Extra hours
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Good
Walker/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON26 February 2016
UPS was a fun job for me. I enjoyed my co-worker and the work. I enjoyed being outside and also interacting with our customers. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal job.
Pros
Indepently working.
Cons
weather conditions
Working with UPS was enjoyable
UPS Driver Helper Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
Scanned and pre recorded packages. Dropped off packages to houses and buildings. Worked in a truck. Had to deliver packages at a fast pace.
Fun atmosphere
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 February 2016
Always had a good day, the customers were great and it was a well ran company. I worked here temporarily, as it was a busy time of the year for the company.
Don't work for UPS
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2015
This was the worst 2 years of my life.
UPS USED to be a great company to work for, not now. With the new contracts it takes 4 YEARS to make top rate. You might as well go to school and learn something transferable. You start at $13 and go up 50 cents every 6 months for 4 years.
There are basically No perks to this job. The company asks So much from their employers and give almost nothing in return. The only perk is they cover your benefits cost. BUT you work so much, you have no time to use them.
They are all about numbers, not logic. The management is terrible, they treat you like garbage. Full timers get worked crazy hard. They monitor everything you do and criticize everything. They have a very high turnover rate.
I had an issue with the work truck seats causing back problems. They had no interest in trying to solve this issue. I even had a very simple suggestion that didn't cost anything, I asked to use a truck that I found to be comfortable. They couldn't be bothered. They gave me the run around for months. I was off work for 2 weeks with a back injury because of them. I never had back problems before. Now that I no longer work there, my back is 100% again!

I love working, I have a very strong work ethic, I'm energetic. But this place broke me. I was depressed and hated every moment I was there. Work anywhere else!!!!
Thank heavens I got a new job. I had been searching for so long.
Pros
Cons
You are not a person to them
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.
Tough but fair
(UPS) Express Air Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton31 July 2015
Not an easy job, but it can be rewarding. Work/life balance is poor. Lots of stress. Great training.Management gets pretty stressed and it trickles down. Xmas is very tough. Driving i this city is tough.
Pros
Benefits, working independently
Cons
Long hours, top down management
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 May 2015
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Pros
enjoyable costumers, benefits

59.2K