UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 29,319 reviews
Low pay for newbies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
Low starting pay for the work required, training is very weak, sink or swim. You'l never work with a more unhappy group of people. Raely a thank-you or a job well done. if you don't have senority your hours get cut big time after busy seasons.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
heavy workloads
broken system
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
Delivery Driver:

Dont work here unless you are willing to work 10-12 hours five days a week and constantly have to help other drivers who cant finish their deliveries.
Pros
learn a lot and learn how to work very hard and efficiently
Cons
Too low of pay and ridiculous work loads
A very fast paced environment
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON29 May 2018
Typical day started with me heading to my truck and doing a circle check around the truck. Ensuring that all turn signals and break lights are in good working order. The oil and all fluids, windshields are topped up as well as the tire pressure. Once complete the I would have to scan the packages in the truck are all on board by doing a physical count making sure that 8 of 8 pieces art there. Any express packages on board would need to be delivered first due to time sensitivity. by about 3:00pm the package picks would start.
Pros
work on my own
Cons
Hi stress job due to the fast paced environment
Very enjoyable experience
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2018
This gave me a look at how much goes into delivering packages to customers and how important it is to get it done right. I got a good idea on how packages are delivered in the order they should be.
Production oriented environment
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 December 2017
As a driver it's a well paid stressful job. You leave the building with a truck literally packed to the gills with parcels and some how have to make it back to the building in time to drop off your express packages in order for them to reach the airport in time. All the while having no where to go to the toilet. Say goodbye to your social life!
Pros
Well paid with benifits
Cons
Stressful and long hours
Good company to work for
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC7 February 2018
UPS is a very good place to work, hours can be up to 9.5hrs per day as a package car driver. Hard work with good salary and health care as well as insurance benefits.
ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
a typical day at work would be getting dispatched out in the morning and making deliveries and pickups during the day then returning back to the main center.

Ive learned proper driving rules and techniques while on the road and learning to practice safer driving methods.

the management is very approachable and very fair and always willing to work to help the employees.
Under Paid Slaves
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
If any of my friends or family were to ever ask to work here, I would not recommend it. This place is pure evil. Management only cares about their bottom line, they will tell you anything and everything you want to hear then turn around and forget all about it. If you decide to give it a try, don't work too hard. They will only take advantage of you. Take your time, do things by the book, write down your hours because they will try and cheat you. Applicants be warned.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Management, long days, heavy boxes
Great place to work with. Needs a little local organization. Worked hard, long yet rewarding hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2013
Typical day is about 10 hours long. You need to have a love of people and dealing with customers. Very fast paced environment. At the time I was working there, there was some local disorganization, and my route on average has quite heavy in comparison to others, and I had to spend a lot of time reorganizing my deliveries for the day to minimize incomplete runs. Loved my customers and the people I worked with.
Pros
continuous growing experience. got better and better with time.
Cons
long hours!
Safety
Driver full-time, UPS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB16 December 2013
FULL TIME JOB - STARTS 8AM - 8PM
I LEARNED: Delivering and picking up UPS packages efficiently and effectively Learning and properly executing UPS safe driving methods Operating vehicles with standard (manual) and automatic transmission
Complying with UPS appearance guidelines
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Good co-workers
The hardest part of the job was to do all deliveries in my schedule
The most enjoyable part was because we always learn something in each job that you work.
Pros
good clients
Cons

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
fast paced environment
ups driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2014
It was go go go, there, packed are trucks up in the mornings, and i delivered until i was done, sometime this meant delivering 160 different packages to customers in a day during christmas, it was stress full, lots of time requirements, but i enjoyed doing it and was good at it, but in the end, after christmas, they let me go, and i resent them for it, i busted my but for them, and i got fired for it, i took them to the labour board, and i won, wrongful dismissal.
Pros
good salary after 2 and half years
Cons
long hours during winter, stressfull, building falling apart
Friendly place to work with kind co-workers
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
I would arrive at work and be given packages with my driver to deliver. The driver would drop me off with a cart and packages and I would go door to door delivering packages. I learned to deliver packages with efficiency and to provided excellent customer service. The management were kind. My co-workers were friendly and enjoyable to be with. The hardest part of the job was delivering outside during the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering to the customers and seeing them happy when they got their packages.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Delivering in the cold weather
Can handle multiple task while keeping strict to deadlines
Material Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2015
Organized and maintained strict attendance record.
Collaborate with colleagues and supervisor of projects and shift work
Learn to process new projects in managing cases for new project.
Solve and provide solutions to customer needs
The hardest part of my work is dealing with difficult internal and external customers
The most enjoyable part is learning new computer skills for new projects
long, repetative, driving
Driver, UPS (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 May 2015
enter the warehouse in the AM given 100 to 120 deliveries for the day, head out to make my stops. what I learned would be safe driving, management was tough at times. hardest part of the job would be working from 8am to 8pm mon-fri no breaks or you would finish even later. aside from weekends very little social life.
most enjoyable part would be the driving and interacting with costumers.
Pros
enjoyable costumers, benefits
Not a bad place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2016
Working for UPS summs up like this. BUSY! But fun. You meet alot of great people and a great team atmostphere. The management is a bit of a joke. But the employee's are great here.

I cannot stress this enough... Prepare to be BUSY!

The pay sucks at the start but stick with it and it will be a job that will easily carry you all the way to retirement.
Pros
Good pay after awhile, Union, Good people, Fun, Outdoors
Cons
Poor management
Ups
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2016
They are a very secure and well established company.
But family life during the week is minimal and I'm a family man .
you are treated as a number not a human .
Good pay good benefits fun job but terrible management .Pushed to your max everyday , and no thanks just more the next day . Modern day slavery .
Pros
healthy life style, work outdoor, meet lots of people .
Cons
poorly treated and alwasy pushed to the max .
good to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 September 2017
every day is good to work over there but salary and benefits are so less that everybody is fed up with little money. so thats why I want to leave the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
less pay
Great Workplace
UPS Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 July 2017
25 years employed need no say more
Weekly pay with great benefits & pension
United Parcel Service is a Fortune 500 company and provides service throughout the world. Thus making it a great company for job security.
Fast paced work place all the time, even on break.
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2015
Working at UPS delivering packages has been a physically demanding job. It requires someone willing to run around all day with short breaks. The hours are long usually 8 -12 hours especially during peak season (November - January). But its all worth it when you get paid.
Great way to stay active as a driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2016
I was a delivery driver for the commercial and industrial area
great job, only part time
Some employees were there 7 years still part time
Moved on to other employment for a full time position
Pros
Fast paced fun job
Cons
part time for years without advancement

510.6K