UPS Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 February 2018
A typical day at work was filled with hard work mixed with fun and laughter. There was times of stress like any other work place, but the support of your team would get you through the day.
Great place to learn and move on.
UPS is a good company to work for because it provides good company benefits but its being run by clowns who are not qualified to be leaders.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 September 2017
Usually its being run by a bunch of clowns who only got their position by sucking up to their bosses and ratting others out ....typical way to get to the top but not qualified to be a leader. The management team turn on each other when the going gets rough. Its a dog eat dog kind of workplace. Only the bullies survive.
Pros
free pizza at times
Cons
you work like a slave
Fast paced and diverse work environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 May 2017
It was a learning experience in the shipping and receiving departments. It helped in the improvement of customer dealings and team playing. It was the most enjoyable job i had until now.
Pros
Free lunches and good hours of operation
Cons
No health benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2017
The UPS store is a very productive workplace. You get to work and right away you are doing what needs to be done until you are off or on break. I learned that to be successful in business you must stay true to your word and always thoroughly communicate with the customers to ensure that you do everything to their standards. The management of the store is lacking in many aspects. They are unorganized and it is hard to follow what actually needs to be done in the day. For the few of us that work at the UPS store we are very cultural people. The owners are Muslim, and the manager is Mormon. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand exactly what the owners and manager are asking for in a day. Many times they ask me to do three things at once and I find that very difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly environment.
student placement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2017
I had my student placement at UPS and learned so many new skills. I had to deal with customers, copying machines and cash. The owner was pivotal in my learning.
Package Handler
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 March 2017
Work in a warehouse loading trucks and unloading. Sorting the packages to their appropriate destinations. Hard on the back if you force yourself too much.
Mismanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC15 February 2017
Too much micro managing and middle management took advantage of good hard and productive workers.
Very long hours dealing with unsatisfied customers
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Contact Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 November 2016
Great Co-Workers great benifits. Supervisors were good. If I was offered to go back I would my co-workers were fun to be around and made you feel human.
working at UPS kept me busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 October 2016
I enjoy working in a place that I can keep busy because I am a very energetic person and love being on the go. the hardest part about the job was lifting very heavy things or dealing with spills that occurred in the work place. the drivers at UPS were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
off by noon
Cons
short hours
No good for nothing management team what a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
Managers are bad professional and should try to do half the work us front lines works do ..To mutch stress and back stabbing high rate of illegal firing job bad !!!!
Pros
Cons
Long hrs
People where great to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2016
The job was great always kept busy with calls coming in but very stressful My co-workers where the best, I mostly enjoyed the people I got to talk to.
Pros
benefits, wages, no weekends
Cons
stressful
wonderful staff
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
co- workers made the job enjoyable to go to everyday. Gained lots of new knowledge. Worked in the warehouse and as a customer service representative.
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
family
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2015
It was a family orientated place. I learned how to ship and receive packages. I also learned how to open and close the store.
Not fun place to be at, at all with some racist co-workers
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
A Typical day you'll be watching over your shoulder from some co-workers as they just wait for you to make a mistake, and keep pushing tasks into your table to finish. The hardest part of the job is bagging for short time off that can be made up by showing early other days or stay working late.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad co-workers
Productive and Fast Paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver14 May 2015
Productive and fast paced environment with business services and solution. This gave me an amazing experience of business environment along with professionalism.
Pros
Small Shifts
Cons
Less hours
Good company to achieve customer service expertise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2015
I excelled in customer service Department, One of my responsibilities was to book orders for customers and arranged parcel pick-ups. Soon there after, that my experience was noticed management decided to promote me to the brokerage department, where parcels were held in customs,-- for custom release.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
no job security
Enjoyed the people I worked with
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 March 2015
I learned different things at this store. How to bind books, stapling books, and setting up a copier for different types of copying,
productive and enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2015
I enjoyed working at UPS, I obtained multiple skills. I learned time management for meeting customers needs, learned how to handle and defuse extremely upset customers. enjoyed the presence of every co-worker, I reported directly to multiple levels of management on a daily basis.
Detail oriented
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2015
this job although dealing primarily on shipping, can involve attention to detail with it's various side projects. These projects can include graphic design, collating, printing, photocopying, etc.

58.6K