UPS Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 29,955 reviews
Best place I ever work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 November 2018
Management at UPS is excellent. They think of you as a person and not a number. If you need help to improve yourself there is someone there to assis you. Great place to advance in the company.
The also help the community. Involved with JDRF .
Pros
Closes at 9 and no weekends
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 January 2019
Its been many years since I have worked there. but it is definitely a place I would go back to or recommend. most enjoyable part of my job was tracking packages for the customers. great satisfaction when you have a happy cusotmer
A fast-paced job dealing with the public
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 June 2018
The job I found interesting, especially the shipping.
My employer was quite reasonable with me but the pay was not great. It can be a stressful, fast paced job that can be quite demanding, you have to be able to multi-task and manage your time well in order to serve clients appropriately and quickly. I did stay for 5+ years until family needed me more.
Pros
interesting, didn't get bored, fast paced
Cons
low pay
Fast paced and diverse work environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 May 2017
It was a learning experience in the shipping and receiving departments. It helped in the improvement of customer dealings and team playing. It was the most enjoyable job i had until now.
Pros
Free lunches and good hours of operation
Cons
No health benefits
Productivity is a must
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, qc30 July 2014
Productivity is a must. Dealing with customers is to be expected but the company must be where your interest lies in. Ups provides a great environment and also keeps you informed of the stocks if you are interested in it.
Pros
A productive day can make your day seem short
Cons
Customers are belittled and salary may not reflect all the work you put in
People where great to work with
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2016
The job was great always kept busy with calls coming in but very stressful My co-workers where the best, I mostly enjoyed the people I got to talk to.
Pros
benefits, wages, no weekends
Cons
stressful
interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 July 2013
My day at UPS was on the phone. I would track lost parcels, or schedule pick ups for clients and business. I would also process clients account payments.
Pros
The hours and benefits
Cons
the salary
Contact Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 November 2016
Great Co-Workers great benifits. Supervisors were good. If I was offered to go back I would my co-workers were fun to be around and made you feel human.
Joyfull place to be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2015
Great people to work with and all work as a team. They have great perks and discounts to multiple location.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
late hours
Healthy Working Environment
Customer Service Representative, Freight GBS (Current Employee) –  Cañada de Calatrava, CM3 January 2013
Working in UPS is a learning experience that directly attends to the needs of individual customers and corporate accounts when it comes to courier and shipment requirements.
Our management in UPS is very supportive of their employees. They even pinpoints employees that are qualified for promotion and even provide training for them to qualify them to their desired position.
Working environment and culture are very conducive and promotes camaraderie, team work and professionalism among co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is when one is unable to satisfy a customers' needs and wants. But in the long run, there are sufficient work around in order to assist these types of customer(s).
Of course, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your receive a commendation from a very satisfied customer. Whenever they would ask for a supervisor and would give commendation for a job well done in supporting them. These things gives us a very light feeling with in the hearts of the employees.
Pros
provides incentives and bonuses whenever goals are met.
Cons
from time to time there are mandatory over time(s) work are asked from the employees to render.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 February 2018
A typical day at work was filled with hard work mixed with fun and laughter. There was times of stress like any other work place, but the support of your team would get you through the day.
Great place to learn and move on.
UPS is a good company to work for because it provides good company benefits but its being run by clowns who are not qualified to be leaders.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 September 2017
Usually its being run by a bunch of clowns who only got their position by sucking up to their bosses and ratting others out ....typical way to get to the top but not qualified to be a leader. The management team turn on each other when the going gets rough. Its a dog eat dog kind of workplace. Only the bullies survive.
Pros
free pizza at times
Cons
you work like a slave
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 May 2017
The UPS store is a very productive workplace. You get to work and right away you are doing what needs to be done until you are off or on break. I learned that to be successful in business you must stay true to your word and always thoroughly communicate with the customers to ensure that you do everything to their standards. The management of the store is lacking in many aspects. They are unorganized and it is hard to follow what actually needs to be done in the day. For the few of us that work at the UPS store we are very cultural people. The owners are Muslim, and the manager is Mormon. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand exactly what the owners and manager are asking for in a day. Many times they ask me to do three things at once and I find that very difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly environment.
Mismanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC15 February 2017
Too much micro managing and middle management took advantage of good hard and productive workers.
Very long hours dealing with unsatisfied customers
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Good company to achieve customer service expertise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2015
I excelled in customer service Department, One of my responsibilities was to book orders for customers and arranged parcel pick-ups. Soon there after, that my experience was noticed management decided to promote me to the brokerage department, where parcels were held in customs,-- for custom release.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
no job security
What can brown do for you?
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON25 January 2013
A typical work day at UPS is walking in and jumping in your truck to make your deliveries. The hardesst part of the job is your customers and the enjoyable part of the job is also your customers. If you ever had a bad day at work it's because of your perspective. Dealing with people are never easy but with the right attitude your day will pass by quickly.
Pros
consistancy at work
Working at The Ups Store
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2014
Everyday was not the same, there was always something new to do. Whenever I came into work, I would sort the mail out and place them in mail boxes. Afterwards I would count how much mail was there to distrubute to the mail driver and later count the money in the tilt. Whenever customers came in the store, I asked them where the mail was going to and give them a price quote on the computer. If they were satisfied with the price I would register their mail for departure. I dealt witht the cash register and debit machine daily. When the driver comes, I count the mail and give him a document to sign. I experienced closing the store and ensuring the cash tilt was balanced as well as making sure that the store was secure for closing.
A calming yet fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 August 2017
It was a great job that dealt with something new everyday, I have learnt so much from this job. To be able to smile and be confident infant of your customers, greeting and helping the customer with what they came in for.
I enjoyed my job a lot, everyone was super nice.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short hours and no breaks
Customer Service Representative/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 September 2012
It was a retail work place where the most enjoyable part was talking to people, understanding their needs and trying to solve their problems by providing them with the best solution to their needs. Management and coworkers were very cooperative in every respect in order to increase profitability and productivity of the Store
productive and enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2015
I enjoyed working at UPS, I obtained multiple skills. I learned time management for meeting customers needs, learned how to handle and defuse extremely upset customers. enjoyed the presence of every co-worker, I reported directly to multiple levels of management on a daily basis.

510.8K