UPS Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Fun work enviornment!
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
I enjoyed every bit of the experience that I have gain in the past years with UPS, I would 100% recommend this job to any of my friends and family.
Early morning, late night shifts.
Very flexible hours!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short hours
A horrible working environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
UPS is a horrible working environment. The training is minimal but you are forced too sign a document saying that you know their procedures perfectly even when no training has been provided. The management is rude, abusive, and offers no guidance or assistance. The absolute worst part of working for them is that they assign a delivery workload that makes the day sixteen hours to complete, but as a commercial driver is only legally allowed to drive for twelve hours, that is all you get paid for! Work sixteen hours a day for twelve hours pay! Not cool at all! Management and the Teamsters union openly mock any attempt to recoup your stolen hours. Avoid this company like the plague!
Cons
Long hours working for less then you are owed while being treated like garbage by management.
Minimum wage and paying union dues
unloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
This is minimum wage sweatshop. the employees at Bangladesh and China have better working conditions and is not in a union.
Make up to$15.85/hour. wow.. min. wage is $15/hour in Seattle and Toronto.
Pros
better than welfare
Cons
slaves have a better life
Seasonal employment was a gamble
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Worked as a driver helper. Long days, minimum wage. Unclear chain of command between all workers and dispatch.Fine for a temporary gig, but seeing as the drivers felt so much pressure to complete impossible seasonal positions, most workers are contract and thus inexperienced, and I still haven't received my bonus pay 3 weeks after my last day: I wouldn't return to this company. Not to mention that dispatch only wanted me to work four hours a day. Laughable.
Pros
Opportunity to experience a logistical nightmare
Cons
Orientation was more painful than surgery
Great company to work for.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Excellent working conditions.
Provide training.
Flexible work schedules.
Room for growth in the company provided you gain necessary work experience and have the needed qualifications.
One of the best job ever
Health & Safety ~ WSIB Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
Employee's was great
Learnt a lot at this job
The culture was amazing
Health and Safety culture was always number one
Enjoyed the fact that customers got this packages on time
Great work enviorment
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Great enviorment to be in one of the best places to be everyone always happy everyone always smiling and eveyone helping each other multicultural environment
Good job, but needs better management
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
UPS had a great environment, they paid very well and they had many time slots available for employees to work. Overall a good place to work, but the management needs to learn how to communicate with the employees.
it could be better
LOGISTICS OPERATIONS/SAFETY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
very little support, lots of overtime- expected to work long hours-not very much training, never see anyone until you make a mistake that's all I have to say
Pros
Cons
everything
This is a good company
Key Entry Administrative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
I worked here part time for a year. It was great and I like my coworker there. But this job was not for me.

This is a good company if you looking for job security, stable income and benefits. If you come to work regularly and on time you shouldn't have any trouble with management. You can advance to different position if you take notice of the job posting once in a while. In the meantime, learn what you can especially reading books on how to work with other. Most of the job duties are trainable ... people skill that is something anyone should learn on their own to understand who they are and how they can work well with other.
Pros
job security, stable income and benefits.
Cons
part time and not flexible in term *cough* creativity
Productive safe and fun
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
Worked primarily in the downtown core delivering packages to both corporate and residential clients. Friendly work environment steady hours and benefits.
Pros
well organized
Very good company/Very poor mid-management
Industrial Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Great place to learn the ins and outs of the logistics business. Very experienced Operators but poor tactical management. Sups and Managers in many functions lack leadership or management skills, they're just there based on seniority.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
Middle management and pressure to do more with less
Short hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Good job if your a student, good beinifets, not many hours, takes about 4 years now to hit top rate, management can be unreasonable, safety is a priority untill things are running late
A very hard working company
Supervisor, Small Business Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Alot of good things to say about UPS. Its hard work, but some really great people who really care about the company. Would recommend to many people getting their career off the ground
Pros
Great vision and structure
Cons
Hard work - strong culture
Good experience/lots of sweating/minimum wage
Package Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Learned how to use the diad for scanning and inputting information, company issued uniform, a lot of lifting and walking. Must be in decent shape. Had a patient and informative driver, so the experience was great.
Pros
Get to know a lot of areas and businesses
Cons
Long hours/extremely busy during winter holidays
Horrible place to work- feel like slave labour
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
I worked there for a few shifts. In the interview was "hired" as management. Did nothing but load trucks by hand for minimum wage. Terrible place to work. Nothing good to say about it.
Pros
Norhing.
Cons
Where to start.....
not sure
International Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
I worked here and I loved it the only issue was it was part time only or I would have stayed forever. I did all the processing of packages to go international so when the drivers came back he gave them to us and we made sure everything was correct like the paperwork,invoice,custom paper wtc
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Tough but Fair
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
It is what it is Tough work all day everyday, but none the less you can meet great people, and stay for the company, Ever wanted to lift weights and get paid? Here You Are
amazing workplace but its hard to move up.
Supply Chain Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Great place to learn a lot about the logistics industry.
Management was very supportive all the way.
The only negative part - Its really tough to move up in this company as the advancement part was too slow.
Work Hard Play Hard
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
UPS is a good job but one that needs a strong individual. The stress level is very high, and if you are not one who does well under pressure or gets angry quickly than this is not the place for you.

58.6K