UPS Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Ideal for single people with no children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Best to leave your personal life out of this work environment. Management is focused on work. Your personal issues may temporarily be a concern and then you have pressure to return things to normal if your situation becomes a long term issue. Work life is often routine and fast paced. Added stress occurs during peak season.

Fair medical and dental benefits
Pros
Pays you money for having great grades in school
Cons
Coworkers may create an unnecessary stressful work environment and high turn over
productive and safe workplace
Office Administrator (PT)] United Postal Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2017
a very good company to work for but very hard to get a full time employment. Safety is a top priority and that's great for UPS employees. The company allows employees to buy shares and that's great for investments. Also, UPS provides a competitive benefit package for its employees and their family.
Air walker
Air Walker/Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2017
Delivering parcels door to door to commercial/businesses and residential.
Hardest part of the job is walking with about 20-40lbs of parcel in a cart trying to deliver them by foot on a summer day
Satisfying feeling when you put a smile on peoples faces once they receive their valuables
coworkers
Customs Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2017
The reason why I have lasted at UPS SCS for so long is because of my coworkers, they have become family to me. So caring, kind and really there for each other.
Interactive, meet people & build relations
Manager Corporate Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2017
Great job to enhance customer relation skills and how to up-sell products.

Very creative as every customer has its own set of requirements and you need to give them their desired product / package.
Pros
Discounted shipping
Cons
Limited mobility
Loader/Unloader Position
UPS (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2017
I feel that a job is okay. However, the Loader/Unloader position can be stressful because of the management and the physicality of the position. I have learned that dedication to do the position and meet the quota is something that something that is easier said than done. Over time, the position became a lot easier as I stayed working there for two years now. UPS is a great opportunity for students who are in school as I took advantage of the reimbursement that the company gives me for receiving good grades. I also gain top rate or full time 8 hrs pay for a position that is part time. Management can get on your nerves in the beginning of your employment but that soon changes as you are more familiar with the company. The Work place culture is diverse with various people and sometimes workers receive snacks for good work done. The only downside is that the management can be terrible and hard labour.
Pros
tuition reinbursement, less hours, snacks and food on special occasion
Cons
management, hard labour
Excellent workplace
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2017
It's undoubtedly an excellent workplace with high business ethics and professionalism. Team members share a great bond with each other and the managers are highly supportive. Awesome experience indeed!
Pays great
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
UPS pays well but hours can be long. Supervisors can be annoying sometimes. You well need to work from Monday to Friday, for at-least 3-4 hours. you'll average around 20 hrs per week and get payed every Friday.
great opp
COURIER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
amazing career good days bad day hot day cold day meet great people see job opportunities for others.............................................and weekends off amazing
UPS driver
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
Good job overall however it does lack work/life balance.
Your day can range anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours, most often it is based on the demand of your workload that day.
Great learning experience
Part Time Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. Unfortunately, it was an oncall job and the days were inconsistent. There no bad part. Regular training on devices and appropriate conductin a courtroom setting.
Very good company
Special Assignment - UPS Sales & Strategy Group (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2016
opportunities for advancement. times have changed. greatest part dealing with people and customers. no admin people therefore too much demands on administrative functions. cant see the forest for the trees
Pros
opportunites
Cons
No admins, work life balance
great place to work at global company.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
i have learned IBM system AS 4000 UDC and OPSYS. great company benefits and encouraged by management for career enchancement. great potential for growth.
Fast Based Work Place
Customer Service / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2016
• Trained business owners on marketing/advertising strategies, logistics and best practice in customer service.

• Built business vision and mission, promotional policies & needs to develop public relations strategies that
ininfluenced ideas, products, & services.
Productive and fun job being a manager is amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2016
Conduct regular courier Services, both international and domestic.
• General office tasks and correspondence i.e. sorting daily mails, creating
graphic designs for customers (business cards), have a good knowledge of
Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, photocopying, faxing and
filing, cerlox binding, fast typing ability (type resumes, letters for the customers).
• Work independently, always very organized and responsible for each job.
• Manage customer accounts details.
• Established and promote a positive, team-oriented work environment
emphasizing employee invo
Fun and Fast Paced work environment
Walker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2016
I loved working for UPS as a seasonal walker. The driver I was paired with had a great personality, and always took the time to make sure I was fully prepared before leaving me to my route. I have nothing but positive things to say about UPS and the employment opportunity they provided me.
Pros
Never staying in the same place for too long
warehouse lead hand
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2016
general warehouse lead hand duties loading and unloading trucks and containers in a large high volume warehouse. general opening and closing responcibilities
Welcoming, productive workplace with co-workers willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Brokerage Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2016
UPS-SCS is a fast paced environment that keeps me on my toes. A complex shipment at hand or workload requiring multi-tasking serves as an energizing force for me. Furthermore, it is always rewarding to see the end result in light of a successful release and customer satisfaction. It is a very welcoming environment to work in exhibited in employees’ willingness to assist each other with projects or workloads. Furthermore, senior employees are open to share their knowledge and expertise with new / junior employees. Thus, if one is eager to learn one may do so by finding mentorship among the senior custom broker representatives.
family
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2015
It was a family orientated place. I learned how to ship and receive packages. I also learned how to open and close the store.
Hard work, not entirely convenient for starting
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2015
the hours were quite random for night shifts, and the pay for starting was minimum wage, though you were doing the same amount of work as everyone else in the warehouse. Management was accommodating but their were rules in place that made their job harder to do.

59.2K