UPS Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 27,369 reviews
Very enjoyable and upbeat
Operation Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
Every day was super busy and full of different challenges all the time. I learned that you can never expect to not have work or sit around and not do anything. I also learned how to become an office manager and organize my work better to be successful.
Fast paced and physically demanding
Courier Driver, UPS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2018
If you don't mind working hard ,with tight deadlines and long hours this is the job for you. Pays well, decent benefits and pension.
Very physically demanding (upto 150lbs)usually with very little help, Very fast paced. You will learn the most from your mistakes which is unfortunate but true here.I've been here over a decade and very little changes except the faces in charge. Christmas season is the hardest. My spouse refers to herself as a UPS widow at this time.You must be good at following rules and follow all the little guidences they inforce. The truck has a telematics system that sinks with the Diad(device you scan packages with) so thay can tell every little move you make, Time is money here and they ride you for any unexplained gaps in time. I do basically enjoy my job. However the work/ home life ratio is very poor.
200 Stops per day
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
If you want to be poorly paid, overworked and complete 200 stops per day this is the place. The benefits weren’t too bad and it is unionized but you have to keep in mind that the human body can only take so much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Extremely Heavy Packages
good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
hours are good for people looking for a early morning job who also want to maintain another job or obligation in life. the pay is also very good for the work you'll be doing.
Won't work there again
former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Training sucks, supervisor is worry more for going home early rather than training you properly. Got let go the second week because I did 100 stops in 12 hours, what do they expect from me in such a short time and horrible training and extreme pressure????
Pros
good money unless you have an accident
Cons
everything you can imagine as BAD!!!!!!!
Youngsters' exercise
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Pretty Phisical work should be done during the early morning hours. If you have cholesterol problem, it is a nice place for regular work-out. Pay is not bad.
Pros
Part time/Good pay
Cons
You would be tired for the rest of the day
Terrible place to work
Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
Dont work here, chances are this posting is misleading. They will hire you and let you go without any warning before your 90 day probation because all they care about is cutting costs. They dont give proper training and expect you to do the job efficiently, management is terrible.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Bad Management, Terrible work-life balance
Very fast paced environment
FULL TIME PRELOAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
As a preloader you come into work and start working, packages come down the belt and you need to load the packages on to your cars in a set order for the drivers day. It is very fast paced and if you don't learn the methods it is very difficult. If you do learn the job it is incredibly easy and rewarding. It is physical as well and will make you feel you are at the gym everyday.
Pros
High wage for industry
Cons
night shift
Great Customer Base, Difficult Environment
STORE ASSOCIATE / GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
The UPS Store should not be confused with UPS Shipping. It is an independently run franchise. As with any franchise, turnover is usually high and management changes every few years. The experience can be wonderful, and the most difficult customers are those who confuse the Franchise with the Shipping Company. Work centers around printing and shipping (with the balance different for each store), and you will often find yourself in high-stress environments with tight deadlines. Time management is the hardest part of this job, and it is often difficult to meet the time requirements set by the customers. However, successfully completing the work on time and on quality is very rewarding.
Pros
Interesting and Unique
Cons
Unpredictable hours, red tape
Light hearted atmosphere
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2017
Customers are hostile and do not understand importance of secure delivery and release of packages. Shipping out of packages is simple for domestic items and very detailed for international destination. Additional documents required for customs. Shipping requirements are priority to avoid damaging other packages in shipping to ground and air destinations.
Drivers accommodating and will try to do second attempt on same day. Drivers have social commity that plan events and get togethers to show appreciation for each other.
Pros
4 hour shift
Cons
Emotionally draining, no support from management, disorganized warehouse
Tgis is a great cimpany to work for. Happy people in a fast paced environment.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
UPS is a great company for people that want to be challenged both mentally and physically. It involves a high level of multitasking and time management. It's fun for those who love to strategize and problem solve.
racists
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
I didn't have much complaints about the workplace except the racial slurs... that's when things got a little uncomfortable for me. Eventually I was let go for reasons I am still unsure of, but there's nothing I can do about it according to management.
Pros
I got paid for my work
Cons
racists
Good work place
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
Most of the workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everything how the driver wants it on the package cars and having management come and tell you to hurry up when we are going faster than the rollers can handle.
Fast pace work environment with efficient driving skills
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Have done different kind of jobs. Overall great experience. Had gain enormous amount of knowledge and work ethics. Love to utilize my experience in my upcoming opportunity.
Pros
Weather conditions
Cons
Extra hours
-_-
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
No concept of work life balance jobs are micro managed to the company's detriment. Company is disorganized and service can be lacking causing difficult sales.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Partial union of employees
Slow pace, but quite place to work and relaxing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2016
My typical day at work would be helping customer face to face send packages, and shipment to different city and international, I would also handle questions over the phone regarding parcels and shipment and print jobs.

I open and close, mostly close and do the end of the day cash out and handle cash on a daily basis.
Cons
short hours
not recommened if you want hours
mall walker (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta10 April 2016
Worked as a helper and delivered in a mall. Was hired on the basis that I would be working 5 days a week and working minimum 4 hours. Was told I could leave after 4 hours. This was a lie. I would have to call in daily and maybe work and maybe not. In non christmas season I would work 2-3 days in 6 weeks on average. Still had to pay full union dues whether I worked or not.
Drivers get more shifts then helpers and if the deliveries on the road were slow they would bump mall walkers and that is why I hardly got hours.
The management continually break union rules and if us staff bring it up we get in trouble even though management were the ones breaking rules.
Definitely don't recommend them at all!
Pros
pay
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Great people to work with, always helping each other.
Package Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2016
They hire you at start of a busy season, then they cut your hours down to 3 days a week, then to nothing and they expect you to survive on no money. You really don't get to the 90 days probation period. Your job is not guaranteed, it all about favoritism with the supervisor or the boss. They expect the new hires to be good as the ones be there for over 10 years. Think twice before taking sny stand with UPS.
Pros
Really nothing
Cons
Management have more respect.
Fun place to work. I worked in west edmonton mall and made deliveries to almost all vendors in the mall.
Helper/Walker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
A typical day would start at 9:30 and we would do a sort of our five ton truck. Then deliver all of our timed deliveries. We need to work as a team to get our truck done. There is five off us who work out of this truck. We would divide up into five sections of the mall to get everything done on time. Time management was essential to get the job done.
Great job
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
UPS is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are more than worth it for the job that I was doing delivering packages. The co-workers are great, and the management knows the ins and outs of what the employees go through every day, because they have the same experience.

510K